ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane F1 230

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Had enough trying to find another Mini. Never viewed so many sheds, absolute joke.

Mini world is full of shite.

So much so I’ve thrown the towel in and collected a Renault today.

Spec…

Engine
Forge Stage 2 Intercooler
KTEC Induction kit
KTEC short shifter
KTEC 3" turbo back silenced exhaust system (pretty quiet)
KTEC sports cat
Forge boost clamps
Black forge pipes
Siemens 630cc injectors
287.2bhp /296.6 ftlb RS Tuning map done on the 9/6/22 with new 630 injectors

Brakes
HEL Braided hoses
DS1.11 front pads (they occasionally squeak at low speed)
Fresh Dot5 brake fluid

Interior
Brand new retrimmed SNAPPY Refurbished R26 Steering wheel (grey Alcantara, grey stitching), the clio 200 steering wheel is no longer on the car.
Recaro Seats are immaculate

Exterior
Not a Single mark, scuff or dent.
R26R rear spoiler
PPF bumper, bonnet, wings, window pillars, sills and rear lower quarter
Detailed with ceramic coating
Genuine Renault front mudflaps

Suspension
Cooksport lowering springs
Refurbed Rear beam with purple Power flex bushes

Less than 1000 miles ago car was at Aw Motorworks for -
Inner & outer track rod ends
Anti rotation links
2X driveshafts
2x lower arms
Droplinks
Front dampers
2x Swivel bearing kit
2x Hub Grease bolts
Powerflex front ARB bushes
Powerflex lower engine mount insert
Uprated Steering rack Bush
Ac regas- ice cold
Gearbox oil

Wheels & tyres
Mint Refurbished R26 wheels, brand new (Nov 23) 4 xContinental Contactsport 7s 235/40/18 (the best Ultra Ultra Performance Tyre currently for sale)
KTR spacers front and rear
Stud kit fitted

All the above is pretty decent and the car drives great. Not going to find another F1 in this condition for similar money I’m sure.

Plans? Not a lot. Will paint correct and seal with a 5 year ceramic coat and treat plastics. Remove window sticker, fit new roof decals and refit the original airbox.

That’s it.

Pics, s**t but you get the point.

IMG_7370.jpeg
IMG_7368.jpeg
IMG_7367.jpeg
IMG_7364.jpeg
IMG_7365.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
It is very clean, tbh as clean as a 16 year old Renault can get. Only noticeable marks are on the rear seat plastics and a few bits of trim in car. Typical Renault tbh.

The goal is to use this when I can’t use the Lotus which arrives next weekend.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Awesome cav in the background. Only got 50k on the clock wtf! What’s the story with that?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome cav in the background. Only got 50k on the clock wtf! What’s the story with that?

I think it’s gone around the clock. Guy owns a couple of s**t cavaliers parked next to it for parts. Seems to go ok and he’s happy. Its a GL or a L with a 2 litre SRI engine swap.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Fair enough. Some going. Dad had one back in the day and I adored it🤣

Nice meg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
What the f**k is going on? I thought you already had two Minis? Were you trying to buy a third?

Didn't you just buy a load of suspension for Mini no.2?

I am so confused but the F1 is lovely.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
What the f**k is going on? I thought you already had two Minis? Were you trying to buy a third?

Didn't you just buy a load of suspension for Mini no.2?

I am so confused but the F1 is lovely.

No it was only ever going to be the minter and another mini to run around in.

After spending nearly 1k on train tickets past few months I have thrown in the towel.

I had the black 225 delivered from a reputable trader on Wednesday. Car was a f**king nail.

After losing yet another £300 on dishonesty I’ve called it a day.

As per my first post, never come across so many dishonest car owners in the past few months, and not going to bother continuing my search hence the Megane.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Sun trip decal on windscreen was annoying me so that’s now gone.

Now on the hunt for a standard airbox and engine cover.

IMG_7393.png

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
What happened to the red mini? I thought that was the semi daily beater?

Nice Meg though, it’s a timeless design.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Getting super rare now. Never gelled with mine, but never felt a diff work so well in a FWD car

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I assume that those floor mats aren't for the Megane?

Looks a great purchase though - how much did it go for, if you don't mind me asking?

Car mats? Assume the are correct for car.

Pretty much the price advertised, £7650.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice choice, always loved those legs and in Ultra Blue they were cool! Do actually like a 5 door 225 vs the 3 door also. Not overly but I thibk in the light blue/silver the 225 really suited the 5 door.

I await the for sale ad in 2 weeks. (y)

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
When these first came out, I was on meganesport and put a deposit down on what was like a group buy for one 🤣 I can't remember how it worked, but they were getting them from a Renault dealer at business deal prices and it knocked a couple of £k off the list price! You just had to be the second owner. I joined the party too late and Renault got wise and stopped it. However, many did benefit.

I was disappointed it fell through as it's the first car I REALLY wanted, so bought an ex demo. But...it was the wrong colour, was down on power - for some reason and had had a dodgy paint job that I didn't notice until later. Proper ruined it.

Yours looks excellent and it has tickled my sack again, to maybe go look for one.
I think I have the original brochures etc tucked away in the loft. Not sure if you collect stuff like that for the cars you own.

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
Car mats? Assume the are correct for car.

Pretty much the price advertised, £7650.
Good price and yes mats are correct for the car, they tend to slip forward as they only have two little velcro bits to hold them in position so can look slightly not correct.

I've been dailying mine for a while now and is a comfortable place to be, only issues I've had so far is the door electrical connectors needed cleaning as they can corrode causing windows to stop working, the scuttle drains blocked, the reverse switch packed up and the clutch pedal spring popped off the pedal (initially thought the clutch was on its way out-thankfully not).

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
What’s it like to drive Ant? First impressions?

Drives really well, slight vibration full throttle in 3rd which I reckon is going to be one of the engine mounts as intermittent.

Other than that, very good. Drives exactly bow should do given all the suspension/bushes/shocks/tyres are new.

Not used it in Saturday as sorting insurance.

All my no claims are tied up in other cars so I would consider £500 with zero no claims with all mods declared to be a bargain.