ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine and Box removed whats the minimum

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Finally motivated myself to get the clio sorted of its numerous leaks that the previous owner had gifted it me with.

Now the question is what is the minimum you would do with an engine whilst it's out , this is considering it's not the standard engine the car came with and there's no paperwork to show it was swapped.

My though process is along the lines of

Water pump
Oil pump
Removed Aircon and fit delete kit
New cambelt, pulleys and bottom pulley.
New Piston rings
New head bolts and gaskets
Cam seals
Dephaser

Now is there anything else that people would generally do and replace.im trying to keep it within reason without the costs been to the moon.

I initially looked at changing the cams for piper/Kent but tbh for the amount of power/cost I actually don't think it's too bad as it was running. Was just leaking like a siv.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Finally motivated myself to get the clio sorted of its numerous leaks that the previous owner had gifted it me with.

Now the question is what is the minimum you would do with an engine whilst it's out , this is considering it's not the standard engine the car came with and there's no paperwork to show it was swapped.

My though process is along the lines of

Water pump
Oil pump
Removed Aircon and fit delete kit
New cambelt, pulleys and bottom pulley.
New Piston rings
New head bolts and gaskets
Cam seals
Dephaser

Now is there anything else that people would generally do and replace.im trying to keep it within reason without the costs been to the moon.

I initially looked at changing the cams for piper/Kent but tbh for the amount of power/cost I actually don't think it's too bad as it was running. Was just leaking like a siv.
Buy yourself new engine mounts, upper and lower. Also change the one on the subframe, it's a febi item.

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
I've been toying with the idea of getting uprated Poliflex ones and a KTec solid Gearbox mount. What are these like ? Plan is occasional track use.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
If your doing rings its full engine rebuild.

Main and big end bearings, crank grind if needed, minimum hone or rebore and oversized pistons, new oil pump etc. Id prob add supertech valves to that list for reliability.

If the engine is running ok just fix the leaks and new belts and send it.