ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For the 1st time since getting the ip4, the screen locks correctly when on a call. Happy days!

Dont seem too much on a 3G. And the iPad hasnt added too much for me either. Looks like Airtunes wont work with the original Apple TV.
Pretty disappointed, was expecting more.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Hmm, ok, so on theipad I see shitter wifi, web pages are struggling to load, keep getting server was reset messages (there is no issue with Internet, there never was and it's fine on my not upgraded iPhone) and a nice new shadow on the onscreen keyboard lol.

Folders, can take them or leave them, multitasking, again, overrated IMO.

Where's this mobile me feature in the menu now, can't find it?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Mine is the same :( Keep losing connection!

Glad I'm not the only one then, hopefully it will get sorted as web browsing is very frustrating, and I have 16 apps to download and I've got one down in the last hour.

Anybody having wifi issues on the iPhone with the update please?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
No wifi probs for me, disappointing update but if it has sorted proximity sensor when on a call it's worth it!

Megane 225 F1
Thank f**k for this! Sorted my 3G out.

I now no longer want to throw my phone at the wall.

Can't find new text tones either.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I've got the wife's 3g on 4.1 I think, works fine. Just wondering whether I need bother update it for her. The previous iOS made it slow as f**k

For iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad

• AirPlay (replacement of AirTunes, AirPlay will offer stream video, music, and photos over Wi-Fi) [56]
  • AirPrint Wireless Printing with Print Center (select models)[56]
  • Import .ics calendar files directly for events
  • Improved Battery Performance
  • Birthdays icon has been changed in calendar
  • Updated Carrier Settings (US is AT&T 9.0, UK is O2 9.1)
  • Text search on web pages [56]
  • 2 new fonts for Notes in Settings (Helvetica and Chalkboard)
  • Safari 6533.18.5, WebKit 533.17.9
  • Added support for Chinese URL over Safari [57]
  • Added an indicator in the App Store which shows if an App supports Game Center
  • Support for CoreMIDI
  • YouTube voting [58]
  • Minor improvements in UI graphics
  • New Parental Controls for deleting Apps, changing mail accounts and location services[58]
  • New wallpapers
    • Wallpapers for the second generation iPod Touch
  • Free MobileMe accounts for 4th Generation iPod Touch, iPhone 4, and iPad
  • Find My iPhone location feature is free (4TH gen devices/iPad ONLY) P4,T4
  • The fontsize of text in Calendar can now be changed in the Accessibility settings
[59]
iPad exclusive features

• 4.x Support for the iPad [56]
  • iOS 4 features for iPad (Multitasking, Folders, etc.)
  • Updated Carrier Signal Strength Display (3G iPad only)

• Increase in the length of the smaller signal bars
  • The method in which signal strength is calculated has been enhanced

• Additions to the multitasking tray

• Brightness
  • Volume control
  • AirPlay Controls

• iPad screen rotation lock switch is converted into a sound/silent switch in iOS 4.2 (Just like on the iPhones)
  • More than 30 new keyboards and dictionaries, including Arabic, Greek, and Hebrew
  • New Multitasking animation
  • New bookmarks design
iPhone and iPod Touch exclusive features

• Bug Fixes

• Fixes glitch that can let a user get into the phone app while the phone is locked via "Emergency Call" by dialing a random number and quickly pressing the lock button after dialing that call [60]
  • Fixes the alarm bug caused by daylight saving time changing, affected on a part of iPhone and iPod Touch owners located in Australia, New Zealand, and some European countries.[61]
  • Improved iPhone 3G performance [62]

• Additions to multitasking tray

• New Voice Memos icon
  • Ability to initiate FaceTime calls from Voice Control
  • FaceTime shortcut from Messages app (iPhone 4 only)[58]
  • New Text Tone Alerts (New & Original tone lists) (iPhone 4 only)
  • Ringer & Alerts on/off switch (Settings > Sounds) for volume buttons (iPhone only)
  • Assign different text tone alerts to each contact (iPhone only)
  • Restores full Field Test Mode[citation needed]
or iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
  • Bug Fix Release
  • Marketed, and distributed as iOS 4.2
  • Adds all features from iOS 4.2 to their corresponding devices
  • Bug Fixes

• Fixes intermittent Wi-Fi issues from the unreleased iOS 4.2 update
  • Fixes VoIP issues [65]
  • Fixes Car Stereo "music skip" issues [66]

Tesla MP3 2021
Yep, it has fixed the time issue since the clocks went back. Getting woken up 1hr early = FAIL!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Glad I'm not the only one then, hopefully it will get sorted as web browsing is very frustrating, and I have 16 apps to download and I've got one down in the last hour.

Anybody having wifi issues on the iPhone with the update please?

Reset network settings.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Reset network settings.

Thanks, but on the iPad Tom?

I can't see a reset like on the iPhone, its the ipad i have wifi issues on, pages not loading, apps not downloading and i know my conenction is ok as the iphone and laptop are having no issues.

It's funny that the release was delayed because of a wifi issue on the ipad, and yet thats the only issue i seem to be having.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Thanks, but on the iPad Tom?

I can't see a reset like on the iPhone, its the ipad i have wifi issues on, pages not loading, apps not downloading and i know my conenction is ok as the iphone and laptop are having no issues.

It's funny that the release was delayed because of a wifi issue on the ipad, and yet thats the only issue i seem to be having.

Reset your network settings – Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network settings, including passwords, VPN, and APN settings.

Does that work?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
this airplay thing... does that mean i can stream a vid i have taken on my iphone to my mbp? or a vid from my mbp to my iphone?? if so how lol? iphone4 btw

You can't do it with vids you've taken yourself. It's strange, but I'm sure it's something they'll add.

If you have vids synced from iTunes, then you can airplay them.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You can't do it with vids you've taken yourself. It's strange, but I'm sure it's something they'll add.

If you have vids synced from iTunes, then you can airplay them.

Only with the ATV, you cant airplay to a mac. And Airplay is one way only Device (Mac, iPT, iPhone, iPad) to Apple TV/Airport Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.