ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Reset your network settings – Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network settings, including passwords, VPN, and APN settings.

Does that work?

Thanks, Tried that and it's still the same. Some web pages take ages to load, some won't load and some load 3/4 and then time out.

Very frustrating, defo the wifi being a pain. But iPhone and laptop still have mo issues.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Custom text tones for 4 only ftl :(

Slightly pissed off by that, it wouldn't be that hard to implement on the 3gs since nokia did it in 1998 iirc :S

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
custom tones i was wanting, i'm fed up of the horn going off at work and about 5 people looking at their phones lol

Z4
So I cant stream via airplay to my mac mini?

Crap update, took me about a day to download and I haven't benefited from it at all lol!

Mk2 Golf GTI
Can someone with an iphone 4 check if their headset mic is working since updating to 4.2. Mine's suddenly stopped working and it seems a bit of a coincidence as it was fine yesterday before I upgraded.

Got a genius appointment tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else can replicate this problem?

Since the update all the music on my phone goes out of sync when the headphones are in, but is fine when playing out loud, i.e lyrics out of sync with the tune, all songs and only when the 'phones are in. Odd.

182 ff
hi peps still having calling problems with my phone after 20 or so mins line goes dead will they replace my phone even thou it has scratches on it ?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Thanks, Tried that and it's still the same. Some web pages take ages to load, some won't load and some load 3/4 and then time out.

Very frustrating, defo the wifi being a pain. But iPhone and laptop still have mo issues.

Ok, I managed to fix this, so for anyone with an iPad, the fix was to turn wireless N off on my router and just use G, as soon as I did this it was back to normal. Was working fine with N for the last 6 months so the update messed up N networking somehow on mine at least. Incidentally, my laptop now has a much better and consistenty higher speed to the router too, so I blade wireless N being flaky!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Dodgy router.

Not going to argue with you mate, it's the premium o2 one, it's strange that it worked fine with the iPad before the update, very strange. After searching on the web, other people have had issues with wireless N and even though it's supposed to support N people have questioned it's support for it. That was before the update too

Anyway, glad I have it back, an iPad without wifi is like a Ferrari without an engine.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yup i have the same and my MBP/iPhone/iPad dont work in N mode.

I want that neat dual band linksys one, but i have better things to spend £150 on.

182 ff
i phone wouldnt turn on this morning , battery wasnt dead and the phone was just blank , i rang from another phone and it would just ring lol , although on my side the ringer wouldnt sound lol

found out that i had to press power button and middle button for 30s together and hey all back up and running again !

Go cry to your momma!
I'm with o2 for ADSL too, using a netgear router. It works a treat Tom :)

I have a 2.5" HDD plugged into the airport for time machine and that's faultless too.

SchwepTek™
Anyone else found 3G performance has gone to shot after upgrading iphone4? Mine just doesn't respond and needs a couple of refreshes before it loads a page.

Also had sane issue with black screen and constant ringing. Had to reset.

Never above 25mpg
Anyone else found 3G performance has gone to shot after upgrading iphone4? Mine just doesn't respond and needs a couple of refreshes before it loads a page.

Also had sane issue with black screen and constant ringing. Had to reset.

My 8GB 3G was perfect on iOS 4.1, not fast you can imagine like a 3GS or 4 but it ran smoothly and did everything as it should!

1998 BMW e46 323i
back is easy as to replace, the front is total strip down. Bummer. Plenty of instructional vids on YTube if you're brave and/or tight.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah I looked at all them but doesn't seem worth it for the sake of a few quid I'd save by sending it off. Especially not when it's the missus' and she'd blame me forever if I knackered her phone just because I'm cheap / stubborn!

The choice looks to be £100 online or £140ish at Apple. Or I can send Amy into Apple on her own as the heavily pregnant damsel in distress and see if they take pity on her... worth a go? They can only say no.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Aye, she will do on Monday. She says "I'm rubbish at doig things like that, I'll just end up crying".

I says "perfect".

Status
Not open for further replies.