ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Go cry to your momma!
Don't send it off, they'll probably use a none genuine screen and they're not quite as good.

The genius' are all virgins so if she gets one with a thing for birds with a bun in the oven, she'll wonder out with a new phone.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, worth a shot! My sister said that she broke her 3G after only having it a month and at Apple they checked how long she had it and replaced it for free. Apparently the person who sorted her out said they did it discretionally if less than 12 months old.

I know people who haven't been lucky so it's certainly not the steadfast rule but definitely an option to explore.

182 ff
i tried for free saying it dropped on to the wooden flooring in the house from about 3 ft up , his reply was " what happens when you have a car crash they dont fix the car for free do they "
to what i replied how the f**k is my i phone on the same par as my car !!

pricks like the idea of sending in the misses !

i tried for free saying it dropped on to the wooden flooring in the house from about 3 ft up , his reply was " what happens when you have a car crash they dont fix the car for free do they "
to what i replied how the f**k is my i phone on the same par as my car !!

pricks like the idea of sending in the misses !

Yeah, he's a prick for being right. Well done.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, exactly. He's totally right in not giving away something for nothing when it's the owner's fault. My missus is fully aware she a clumsy cow and it's her fault but always worth a go!

If you're polite/friendly/apologetic (plus female and pregnant) then you're far more likely to get help.

When I was getting my 3GS swapped, in walked some chav who was having problem 'yuh blud but it dunt wurk' they told him there was no appointments and sent him on his way, telling him to try later. Then some stunning blonde turned up without an appointment. She got hers swapped before I did! Lol.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Hey,

Just got my phone4 today (yes I know I'm slow)...I absolutely love it :D

I've heard about the death grip but is it still a problem? I thought Apple had fixed it?

The reason I ask is because if I hold my new phone in my left hand (death grip stylie) I lose signal. Difference being I'm not squeezing in the slightest, only holding it very gently!

Is this the same for everyone or have 02 sent me out a an original duffy?

Sorry I know this has probably been discussed 1million times already!

1998 BMW e46 323i
They haven't fixed it or made any physical changes to the phone mate. They offered free cases to keep people happy/reduce the fault and generally spin things.

Never above 25mpg
Hey,

Just got my phone4 today (yes I know I'm slow)...I absolutely love it :D

I've heard about the death grip but is it still a problem? I thought Apple had fixed it?

The reason I ask is because if I hold my new phone in my left hand (death grip stylie) I lose signal. Difference being I'm not squeezing in the slightest, only holding it very gently!

Is this the same for everyone or have 02 sent me out a an original duffy?

Sorry I know this has probably been discussed 1million times already!

It's a problem but it's not one recognised by the manufacturer.

ALL iPhone4's suffer with it, it's just whether you choose to ignore it or hold it in your right hand.

Mine does it on Vodafone, guy I work with is on 3 and his does it and another mate and I went round the iPhone4's in the Bath Apple store and they were on O2/3 and they all did it.

Apple's advice was that it happens all phones so STFU.

Most people combat the problem by buying a bumper to cover the antenna and stop the attenuation.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Ok so its not like you have to hold the phone hard to cause the issue? If I rest mine in my left hand while holding it like you'd normally hold a PDA the signal drops out (completely) within a a 10 second period...With the right hand its not as bad...

If everyones the same I'll happily hold on to mine, I just wanted to make sure this is a problem affecting all iphones (new and old) rather than just a sample...

Is it only the bumper which sorts the problem? I've just ordered a caze case and I'm wondering whether it'll also sort the problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.