ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: iPhone 4 - Queuing People

BMW F31
Outside o2 and people are already here! Had a mare trying to park and I'm about 10th in queue, they better f**king have one after all this!!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I love living in a place where most are too poor or ignorant to own apple. Still the only one on Stockton outside phones 4 u. Least I will get it ver and done with quickly

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Well I turned up at Apple Regents Street to pickup my preorder phone (I work over the road so it worked out well). However the queues are huge, and I had to be in the orifice for 8...so I will pop over later when hopefully they have run out of stock and are only supplying the pre orders...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
cannon street - about 50 people maybe more. no one seemed to be queuing are carphone warehouse.

i know cpw only got a handdful of o2 phones...it's shocking there was hardly any delivered. for example x1 essex store got 3....yes 3....

Abarth 500 Essesse
God knows how many are at meadowhall it's ridiculous probably lucky to get to work this morning at this rate

Lee

BMW M2C
I got to the o2 store in Cannock at 7. They were really organised and went down the queue sorting out what people wanted in advance.

I should have skipped the coffee earlier though. The guy in front of me took the last 32. No problem though as I've just called o2 and got straight through. It will be with me in 24-72 hours.

Cannock only had 10 32gb and 18 16 gb. All the kids in skinny jeans were going for the 16s. I actually felt embarrassed to be stood there. Lol

E87 118d M Sport
Been at the glos store since 06:40. I am 34th in the queue, only 9 infront getting 32gb. The queue is easily 250+ people.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Lolled my face off at the scenes in the city, people pushing and shoving in a giant o2 queue. Still, at least it makes the idiots easier to spot when they queue up ;)

God knows how many are at meadowhall it's ridiculous probably lucky to get to work this morning at this rate

I think I'll leave my collection till this evening.

What time are they open till?

Are pre-orders in a different queue?

B

Bucko

I got to the Exeter O2 store at 0645 and was 9th in line, i walked out of the store at 0830 with a 32gb and was home by 0850 setting it up.

So much quicker than i thought it was going to be!

Megane
I got to the Exeter O2 store at 0645 and was 9th in line, i walked out of the store at 0830 with a 32gb and was home by 0850 setting it up.

So much quicker than i thought it was going to be!

Do you not think its sad (not you being sad) to have to queue to give someone £600?

Megane
cannon street - about 50 people maybe more. no one seemed to be queuing are carphone warehouse.

i know cpw only got a handdful of o2 phones...it's shocking there was hardly any delivered. for example x1 essex store got 3....yes 3....

If I was running Apple, I would want the majority of the customers to come to my store, because it exposes them to the whole shop and other products. I know alot of people buying this iPhone are first time Apple customers. Apple might be thinking the same. One by one they are stealing Microsoft's customers by launching products like this and iPods :D

Tbh, I don't see the problem with people queueing.

I've done it for midnight launches for GTA / CoD games. And everytime, I've pre-ordered and got mine a day or two early at home, and only queue with mates to keep their sorry ass company.

and for a phone?

and then be ripped off on tariffs for ages as well? what the hell.

I think people like yourself are ignorant to the actual cost of these bits of kit. We're not living in the days of basic mobiles where the actual hardware was relatively cheap to produce. Back then it was far easier to supply the handset for free and recover the cost during the contract you took out.

E87 118d M Sport
He doesn't know what he's talking about mate. He's a hater. Always has been. It's like anything, you get what you pay for. If you want the best phone pm the Market, you have to pay a premium for it. He doesn't listen (he's a htc monkey)

Iceberg Ph1
I think people like yourself are ignorant to the actual cost of these bits of kit. We're not living in the days of basic mobiles where the actual hardware was relatively cheap to produce. Back then it was far easier to supply the handset for free and recover the cost during the contract you took out.

+1 to that, and not even the hardware, you look at the OS itself, the cost of development for that must cost a fair bit, and its something they supply free, even through updates, iOS4 was a total revamp pretty much, look at the cost of a PC's OS for example, you pay upwards of £80 for this, granted a PC/Mac does a whole lot more, but then to fit so much into a phone so small is well worth the monies IMHO. Well worth the costs tbh.

I think I'll leave my collection till this evening.

What time are they open till?

Are pre-orders in a different queue?

Meadowhall is not tooo bad, about 200 i would say (so yeah bad) when i left at 8.10am for the apple store for non-reservations and around 50 for the reservations. 15ish at the o2 store and hardly any at orange.

Got there for 3.50am where there was about 40 people in front of me. at 6.30 they split the queues into reservation and normal in which i was 7th in the reservation queue. All sorted once let into the store. Was a good atmosphere, cheering form everyone and the staff, countdowns and for the first 10 people in a walk way where they all hi5'd us :rasp:

Love the new phone. :D

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
He doesn't know what he's talking about mate. He's a hater. Always has been. It's like anything, you get what you pay for. If you want the best phone pm the Market, you have to pay a premium for it. He doesn't listen (he's a htc monkey)

ay, calm down. i can see why people would want one, but i an also see a lot of people loosing a lot of money because of them :nono: i just dont agree with the ethics

Mini Cooper S
I arrived at O2 Tottenham Hale at 6.45. Got in the shop for 8.30, then was out at 8.50. Got to work 10 mins early, result :)

I felt like a right gimp queueing up, but oh well!

clio 1.6 16v
i was shocked to find i was the first one to be at the orange shop this morning and although the 02 shop had 30 people outside i was the only 1 at orange until 7am but was worth it :D and they only had a few so the 3 hour chill sesh outside didnt bother me

ay, calm down. i can see why people would want one, but i an also see a lot of people loosing a lot of money because of them :nono: i just dont agree with the ethics

Losing a lot of money on them? What are you babbling on about? Do you have any idea how solid second hand values of Apple products are?

Citroen DS3 White
Lolled my face off at the scenes in the city, people pushing and shoving in a giant o2 queue. Still, at least it makes the idiots easier to spot when they queue up ;)

I swung by the O2 shop on Cheapside this morning for giggles, the queue was massive! Lots of poeple giving out food and drinks, surprised if they had that much stock really, must have been 200+ people.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Then don't post in the iPhone threads :rolleyes:

i like to keep up to date with technology, but some things just annoy me.

anyway, i'm sure u will all enjoy ur iPhones

Losing a lot of money on them? What are you babbling on about? Do you have any idea how solid second hand values of Apple products are?

yeh, i know they hold their value, its the tariffs that i'm surprised at. paying a lot more than with any other mobile.... for no reason? fair enough paying for the handset, but i'm sure the text messages sent from a iPhone aren't gold plated, so don't require a higher tariff.

yeh, i know they hold their value, its the tariffs that i'm surprised at. paying a lot more than with any other mobile.... for no reason? fair enough paying for the handset, but i'm sure the text messages sent from a iPhone aren't gold plated, so don't require a higher tariff.

Tariffs are far more competative this time round than they were when the iphone first came out.

Nobody is forcing you to take on a contract either. My 3G has an o2 PAYG sim in it at the moment and topping up £15 a month gives me unlimited texts and data leaving £5 of call time to spare.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Tariffs are far more competative this time round than they were when the iphone first came out.

Nobody is forcing you to take on a contract either. My 3G has an o2 PAYG sim in it at the moment and topping up £15 a month gives me unlimited texts and data leaving £5 of call time to spare.

this is true, but then its forking out £600 for a phone. i'm currently on a SIM only plan, as i'm on my 3rd year of the same phone, and i get unlimited mins, unlimited text and 4gb data for £20 :evil:

maybe i'm just a tight cnut :boring:

Meadowhall is not tooo bad, about 200 i would say (so yeah bad) when i left at 8.10am for the apple store for non-reservations and around 50 for the reservations. 15ish at the o2 store and hardly any at orange.

Got there for 3.50am where there was about 40 people in front of me. at 6.30 they split the queues into reservation and normal in which i was 7th in the reservation queue. All sorted once let into the store. Was a good atmosphere, cheering form everyone and the staff, countdowns and for the first 10 people in a walk way where they all hi5'd us :rasp:

Love the new phone. :D

Roffle. I'd have kicked them in the balls if they tried to do that to me :dead:

BMW F31
i was shocked to find i was the first one to be at the orange shop this morning and although the 02 shop had 30 people outside i was the only 1 at orange until 7am but was worth it :D and they only had a few so the 3 hour chill sesh outside didnt bother me
lol my O2 shop had about 100+ people and none outside Orange, mainly i guess due to upgrades and existing customers, plus Orange's prices for the handsets are more.