ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons ON, during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The people in here who put their lights on in the day time and the same ones moaning when people drive around with their fogs on. heh
Yes, yes you're right headlights and fog lamps are exactly the same.

I see we haven't introduced the IQ test yet!

PB172
Safest Clio EVER!
21es1g6.gif

Ah you found a picture of my car...

Looking for 182
I never turn my lights on, I let the car do it for me when it's dark enough.

Actually that's a lie, if it's really raining and overcast resulting in poor visibility I'll turn them on.

An orange one
i would never actually turn my lights on through the day unless its foggy etc which the auto lights dont pick up on

auto lights are the best invention ever :)

to be honest i dont see many cars driving round with their full headlights on on a bright sunny day..its kind of pointless!

silver 172, fiesta
Lights should come on when you start the car up and go off when you switch it off. Simples !
And if someone thinks its pointless shouldn't be allowed to drive really.

Mini Cooper S sport
I don't like having my lights on in the daytime; my car's bright f**king yellow, it's kind of conspicuous enough I think.

If the autolights decide it's dark enough, they're on.

Titanium 182
Driving home tonight and saw a car with Xenons on coming towards me, thought hey them Xenons look cool, really nice colour wonder what car it is.

When it got closer it was an Arctic 182. Was chuffed :D

LOL at people showing off because they think auto-lights are posh.

I got teh auto xenons look dey cum on when we go in dis tunnel innit is well sick is like dem maybacks

An orange one
LOL at people showing off because they think auto-lights are posh.

I got teh auto xenons look dey cum on when we go in dis tunnel innit is well sick is like dem maybacks

not really tbh, its just that they save you actually turning the lights on, great invention!

Why not? If it helps other drivers see you then do it. If it's a sunny day then it's not going to make a blind bit of difference whether you have your lights on or not though is it...

Using them "BcUz ThEy look da shizzZZ man inNit" isn't really a valid reason...otherwise everyone would be driving around with their fogs on during the day too.

You could just do what normal people do and use them where you feel other road users would benefit from it - that's what they're there for after all. i.e. Anytime when it isn't sunny - which granted is the majority of time in the UK though anyway.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The thread failed from the off set because the OP titled it Xenons ON! rather than just lights on...showing that his friend that do it dont do it for safety reasons. they do it because they think its FTW.

I agree with having them on when visibility is reduced.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If it's a sunny day then it's not going to make a blind bit of difference whether you have your lights on or not though is it...

Are you serious?

Are you telling me a light outside during the day isn't more visible than no light? Maybe it just blends in to the sun/sky!

I feel like making a safety video ffs!

Are you serious?

Are you telling me a light outside during the day isn't more visible than no light? Maybe it just blends in to the sun/sky!

I feel like making a safety video ffs!

Read my post I clearly say a sunny day....so yes I'd say a light outside on a sunny day isn't that visible...especially if it's covered and surrounded by a reflective surface...

Are you telling me that your headlights are brighter than the sun reflecting of your headlight covers on a sunny day...not to mention the reflection off of the rest of the car....

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Read my post I clearly say a sunny day....so yes I'd say a light outside on a sunny day isn't that visible...especially if it's covered and surrounded by a reflective surface...

Are you telling me that your headlights are brighter than the sun reflecting of your headlight covers on a sunny day...not to mention the reflection off of the rest of the car....
Are you seriously going to go there?

I'll give you the chance to back out now.

Impreza Wagon
I bet half the people in this thread wouldn't use their headlights in the day if they didn't have xenons....I agree it does make you more visible but if it's that much of an issue by law all cars would have them come on as standard.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I bet half the people in this thread wouldn't use their headlights in the day if they didn't have xenons....I agree it does make you more visible but if it's that much of an issue by law all cars would have them come on as standard.
So DRL's are useless then by your reckoning?

I ran with them on during the day on nearly every car i've had. Xenons or not.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

You have your lights on to dazzle the customs officer so they can't see the 14 illegal immigrants you have living in each wheel arch??

Are you seriously going to go there?

I'll give you the chance to back out now.

Go where?

OK yeah I'll back away from my opinion...as clearly you're not allowed one on here....feel free to prove me wrong and I'll gladly back down without question. Don't make hollow threats like it actually matters though lol. I really couldn't care less if my belief about headlights on a sunny day is right or not.

I am an advocate of using them during the day in general though. Like I said it's greatly beneficial to other drivers so fair play.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Go where?

OK yeah I'll back away from my opinion...as clearly you're not allowed one on here....feel free to prove me wrong and I'll gladly back down without question. Don't make hollow threats like it actually matters though lol. I really couldn't care less if my belief about headlights on a sunny day is right or not.

I am an advocate of using them during the day though. Like I said it's greatly beneficial to other drivers so fair play.

backpedal.jpg

Impreza Wagon

I wouldn't say they're useless it's a great idea but it's obviously not that much of an issue otherwise all cars would have them fitted as standard.

I imagine a number of people do use lights all the time regardless of what they are but the majortiy prbly because they're xenons.

LOL why does there have to be an 'issue'? People die on the roads all day every day. They might think it's an 'issue' I suppose. I'm really in awe of people who genuinely cannot understand the potential benefits of 247 blazin'

Mind blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.