ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons ON, during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious as to how many of you drive during the day with you're Xenons on?
A few of my mates do, and I see a lot of cars these days doing it too.

It depends for me, sometimes I do sometimes I don't. But I'm not one for getting in the car and immediately putting them on.

Ftw or not?

Titanium 182
I do, dunno why. it's more a habit because I used to drive at night a lot. Helps with visibility if you have a dark (Grey or something) car on dreary days too. And on the motorway.

It's not like they annoy/dazzle anyone during the day.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I wouldn't use mine in broad daylight, but if it's grey or raining I turn them on. Not for safety or anything, just because they're awesome

2004 182FF
I tend to stick them on, no idea why. I guess I know they are aligned to not blind anyone and it makes my car look more like an AUDI innit.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
When I had them, If they turned them self on I had them on, If they turned off I had them off.

Seat Ibiza
I wouldn't use mine in broad daylight, but if it's grey or raining I turn them on. Not for safety or anything, just because they're awesome

+1

Im exactly the same!
Whats the point in broad daylight!
I know Volvo and some other cars have them always on!

clio 182 black /gold
Yes i do, 9 out of 10 times when i drive. People seem to pull out in front of me. Blind fools. New cars have lights on like volvos do.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's becuase all new cars seem to be coming out with daytime run lamps or the stupid LED lamps that all the chavs seem to be retro-fitting to make their Corsa look more Audi... maybe its a new EU wanker type approval directive?

I've been asked to enable this feature on a few cars recently which can be done with ease, mainly on Laguna II's and Megane II's by local taxi drivers. I agree totally with putting your lights on if its dull and/or visibility is poor but do you really need the car to make this decision for you on a normal day?

53 Clio 172
I will put my xenons on most times even if it is sunny because I know they are visable from further away.

As Leeshez said, people don't seem to risk pulling out in front of you

I roll with mine on 247365 but it's not a xenon thing, because I have done it with all my cars.

The reason is that it if it makes the difference between someone not seeing me, and seeing me, then it may make the difference between me not breathing, and breathing. On that basis, I'm in.

My xenons do look f**king epic though. Plus it's cool as f**k when the washers pop out of the bumper.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I will put my xenons on most times even if it is sunny because I know they are visable from further away.

As Leeshez said, people don't seem to risk pulling out in front of you

When I go out on my road bike I wear Hi Vis clothing which makes me stand out a fair bit... doesn't stop people pulling out on me and saying "Sorry, didn't see you"

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I roll with mine on 247365 but it's not a xenon thing, because I have done it with all my cars.

The reason is that it if it makes the difference between someone not seeing me, and seeing me, then it may make the difference between me not breathing, and breathing. On that basis, I'm in.

Exactly this.

The chances of someone at a junction seeing you are increased a million percent when you have you headlights on. I don't want someone careering into the side of me so i've always done it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have them on 24/7. Always have.

I've done it with all my cars.

50% for safety, 50% because it looks mint.

Why do you think DRL's have come in?

Mine are on everytime I drive the car regardless of conditions.

Xenon blaze makes the bitches gaze IIRC.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I sometimes do and sometimes dont, but usually i roll with one xenon as the other is tempromental. Need a new ballast i think.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you can't see the advantages of driving round with lights on in the day you're a fuckwitt.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol @ beliefs!

I beliefs the lights are not needed during the day due to teh cars pulling outz anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.