ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons ON, during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
No.

£50 a set.

Internet bullsh*t strikes again.

LOL @ using them up!

I'll not use my car. Petrol, innit.

Not internet bullshit, what someone I know who used to have a 172 told me, I presume it's more a case of the dealership trying to rip him off...

What is it with CS.net and silly comparisons?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I used to always have my xenons blazing just becuase it looked awesome.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im sorry but IMO, if someone is going to pull out on you in broad daylight it doesnt matter if your lights are on or not!?

are you thick?

i have mine on all the time even in the DCi last thing i want is someone pulling out infront of me when im blazing at 145mph lol (not in the dc-aye of course lol)

I think some of you are being deliberately obtuse.

The guy is saying that if some c**t fails to spot your car in broad daylight then they're clearly not looking or their vision is blocked by parked cars/wildebeest/cataracts. In which case lights are gonna do fuckall.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
try driving a black car through a dark area under trees when the driver has a bit of sunlight in his eyes, headlights make the difference between him seeing you or not seeing you.

why do motorbikes all have their lights on now when running?!

I think some of you are being deliberately obtuse.

The guy is saying that if some c**t fails to spot your car in broad daylight then they're clearly not looking or their vision is blocked by parked cars/wildebeest/cataracts. In which case lights are gonna do fuckall.

That's true but a bright light is going to make your car more likely to be seen.

If someone is going to pull out, your lights might make the difference between him seeing you and not. He might still pull out. But if having them constantly saves you from one accident, it's good enough for me.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My switch is at the 'On' position permanently (oh yeah that's right, my car turns the lights off for me when I lock it). But I'm only rolling with pauper halogen bulbs :(

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I do but I hate the sidelights being on too. What's the law regarding sidelights? I know you need them for MOT but for the rest of the time?

Christopher?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I do but I hate the sidelights being on too. What's the law regarding sidelights? I know you need them for MOT but for the rest of the time?

Christopher?

It works just like insurance. You only need it if you get pulled over or have an accident. The rest of the time you don't have to have insurance.

That's true but a bright light is going to make your car more likely to be seen.

If someone is going to pull out, your lights might make the difference between him seeing you and not. He might still pull out. But if having them constantly saves you from one accident, it's good enough for me.

All true. Just saying I can see the guys point.

Yall have convinced me anyway. And apparently it's cool too so I reckon I'm gonna roll with em on now.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I roll with mine on 247365 but it's not a xenon thing, because I have done it with all my cars.

The reason is that it if it makes the difference between someone not seeing me, and seeing me, then it may make the difference between me not breathing, and breathing. On that basis, I'm in.

^ What he said.

Why do you think DRL's have come in?

To help stupid people who can't manage to remember to turn their lights on. :dapprove: The number of cars at dusk/night with no lights on amazes me. Look at your invisible speedo which is not lit up genius, notice anything !?

I'm all for wiping out the smeary end of the gene pool, but unfortunatly they don't help the rest of us with epic levels of stupidity...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't like the auto lights because they don't click when going high/low beam.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
If someones eyes don't see me. What's the point in lights? Plus in some places they have those new posh cats eyes that are actual lights and not a reflection. So you can pretend to be a pilot on the runway.

Those cats eyes are awesome! Definite lights off moment!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Hmm, I guess I can't... I don't understand this banter.

Ah, someone told me they were circa £300 each for a new 172 xenon light...

Full headlight is circa £250+VAT From reno.. I got 2 xenon blbs from HIDS4U for £25 posted iirc.

My switch is at the 'On' position permanently (oh yeah that's right, my car turns the lights off for me when I lock it). But I'm only rolling with pauper halogen bulbs :(

Mine too, but I roll with xenons and pop out transformer washer jets. :cool:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What? In any car in the world when you flash someone it uses full beam.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
in a clio 2 to just flash someone you just half pull the stalk towards you and it flashes, to activate full beam when driving you pull it fully towards you and it clicks on.

when auto lights are switched on, it activates full beam regardless of how far you pull it, so if you give it a quick flash they just get a face full of full beam lol

Listerine & Poledo
Mine does that too. Fog lights don't work either with only auto lights on.

That's because you dont automatically need fogs (contrary to popular CS belief)

You do need to switch lights on via the stalk to have fogs. I leave auto lights to do their thing, with fogs switch on at the stalk. If I need fogs (ie. it's foggy) then I'll switch the the lights to on.
Can't say I have the problem with flashing people with auto's on, but, then, I dont go around flashing people out of habit either so I may not have noticed.

Listerine & Poledo
i just leave my lights switched to on all the time, it turns them off for me when i stop the engine and open the door. Clio 3 FTW!!!

I leave mine switched off all the time, they know when they're needed anyway.
Mk.2's Win occasionally

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Genuine tears!

I have a HID ballast out... not laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.