ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons ON, during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use them at night either. Only during the day. I mean if someone's going to pull out on you during the night, they're gonna do it anyway whether or not you have your lights on. Right?

If someones eyes don't see me. What's the point in lights? Plus in some places they have those new posh cats eyes that are actual lights and not a reflection. So you can pretend to be a pilot on the runway.

Listerine & Poledo
I dont switch on my lights, the car does it for me when it decides its dark enough..

EDIT: Daytime running lights are for girls

Clio 197
i do often roll with my poverty spec lights on, for visibility purposes, however i do have philips bluevisions in, does that make me cool? :)

Listerine & Poledo
It's a shame it doesn't automatically remove those stripes in populated areas, too.

I can't argue with that. I've apologised for the stripes enough times before. Even if I take them off, I'll still have stripes now anyway, just darker BG ones.

Anyway, could be worse, could be some poverty-spec, shopping clio with a big engine and lowz

You win some, you lose some

Last edited:
People who don't have their lights on during the day don't have xenons. Therefore they are poor, and they leave them off during the day because they can't afford new bulbs. Right?

Listerine & Poledo
People who have their lights on during the day don't have xenons. Therefore they are poor, and they leave them off during the day because they can't afford new bulbs. Right?

EDITED FOR CORRECTNESS: ^

quite right old chap, why people still use that out-dated halogen stuff is quite beyond me what what.

may as well just hang some lanterns out of the windows and be done with it ;)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
People who don't have their lights on during the day don't have xenons. Therefore they are poor, and they leave them off during the day because they can't afford new bulbs. Right?

After seeing the cost of a xenon headlamp, I'd be preserving them if I was a xenon owner!

Listerine & Poledo
On that note.

How much does it cost if a Xenon blows anyway?

In the 4 years of ownership I've not had to change a bulb on the Clio (by writing this no doubt I'll be in for a pair within a week)

Are they supposed to last a lot longer or something?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can't argue with that. I've apologised for the stripes enough times before. Even if I take them off, I'll still have stripes now anyway, just darker BG ones.

Anyway, could be worse, could be some poverty-spec, shopping clio with a big engine and lowz

You win some, you lose some

I love the way you went back to edit that. That made my day.

Don't do stand up.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Do all the stupid people stay at home when he's not on a "fast road drive" then?

That was the best way I could phrase it without making him seem like a lil boy racer. Apparently it keeps people out of his way, but that's been mentioned here already hasnt it.

Xenons are over rated anyway, so I drive with my fog lights on, helps people to see me and I look cool. :cool:

At the risk of drawing the ire of CS's answer to Nelson and Kearney (or, given their age, Waldorf and Statler)...

I don't use my xenons during the day. I figure while they certainly make you more visible if someone is gonna fail to spot my shiny silver car in broad daylight they're probably doing something fundamentally wrong... like looking the wrong way. In which case lights aren't gonna help me.

BMW M135i
I don't because:
a) It looks like you're trying too hard.
b) I know what the bits cost to replace.

Obviously i'm just not cool enough :dapprove:.

Mini Cooper S
My xenons are left on 24/7 because they look cool. I had auto lights on my old car and don't now...so it's just easier to leave them on!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm still confused how having you lights on doesn't make you more visable...

The irony being those that can't process the logic are probably the drivers that will eventually pull out on someone in broad daylight. Ergo thick.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm also loling at using up light in your bulbs!

How many times can I move my wing mirror before I need new ones?

What has happened to this place!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, someone told me they were circa £300 each for a new 172 xenon light...

They are. Infact one of my bulbs in the house went out. I'm going to replace the ceiling and all the electrics...

Listerine & Poledo

That'll be when someone's been too busy trying to turn their lights on with a switch and ploughed into a wall..... after hitting some diesel, of course.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You have a cup though! Surely you'll be 0.000000000000000000000000000000001 second slower around the ring... oh nooooooes!!!!!!

clio
On a bike where you can't turn them off , as you're coming past side junctions and the road is bumpy it looks like you're flashing so numpties pull out on you even tho you're not indicating if I could turn them off in towns I would..

Off unless dark in the car tho. If everyone had them on then no-one is any more visable than anyone else

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hmm, I guess I can't... I don't understand this banter.

No.

£50 a set.

Internet bullsh*t strikes again.

LOL @ using them up!

I'll not use my car. Petrol, innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.