ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons ON, during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry so the fact they are now law on all new cars post 2012 iirc is a waste of time because surely DRL's can't make you more visible in the daylight by your reckoning...

Lights make you more visible whether it's sunny and 800 degrees outside or not! There is no other opinion it's a fact!

Listerine & Poledo
DRL's were brought in by Sweden etc. weren't they?

Where it's dark for 99% of the year, or similar?

Makes sense for them.

Impreza Wagon
Where I work when driving vehicles 'on site' we always have to have headlights on so I understand it does help regardless of weather conditions. I just don't get why people do it just because they're 'xenons' and especially the jokers with retro fitted ones!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So wait, you're not allowed to retro fit xenons to your car even though they improve visibility of the road?

1.8 Civic EX
I feel the need to point out that this thread highlights (;)) how times have changed on this site...

This very same question was asked a fair few years ago, it lasted about three pages, some people said they do, some said they don't a couple of people mentioned the extra saftey benefit of doing so.

It's just a shame that some users seem to take every oppertunity on this site these days to earn themselves some "dude points" by being sarcastic and belittling to other members simply because they have a difference of opinion. No doubt the same members will find some "cool" comment to make about what I'm writing now just to make me look a tit and they can get some more "hey check out how cool I am at being a sarcastic internet man"....

Also, just to say, I'm not disbuting the fact that lights on during the day make you more visable, I agree with that, it's just the mentality of your average person that lights on during the day is a bit pointless. Eg; if you were to go out for walk on a bright sunny day you wouldn't take a torch with you just so other walkers can see you coming to avoid walking into each other (yes I know there is a signinicant difference in the traveling speed etc, it's just an example)

172/1.2/E30
How do you know, if people have their xenons on for coolness or visibility reasons?

Most senseless thread ever?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I feel the need to point out that this thread highlights (;)) how times have changed on this site...

This very same question was asked a fair few years ago, it lasted about three pages, some people said they do, some said they don't a couple of people mentioned the extra saftey benefit of doing so.

It's just a shame that some users seem to take every oppertunity on this site these days to earn themselves some "dude points" by being sarcastic and belittling to other members simply because they have a difference of opinion. No doubt the same members will find some "cool" comment to make about what I'm writing now just to make me look a tit and they can get some more "hey check out how cool I am at being a sarcastic internet man"....

Also, just to say, I'm not disbuting the fact that lights on during the day make you more visable, I agree with that, it's just the mentality of your average person that lights on during the day is a bit pointless. Eg; if you were to go out for walk on a bright sunny day you wouldn't take a torch with you just so other walkers can see you coming to avoid walking into each other (yes I know there is a signinicant difference in the traveling speed etc, it's just an example)
Ah yes I saw a man yesterday go by me at 90mph to the shop iirc.

Ridiculous comparison. People are being ridiculed because they stated that having lights on during the day don't make you more visable.

That opinion alone is retarded and deserves ridicule and pointing in the right direction.

Listerine & Poledo
How do you know, if people have their xenons on for coolness or visibility reasons?

One will be using their lights when there's not much visibility.

The other will have a "Motorsport" sun-strip on their sunroof-equiped 172 Cup

I don't disbute Rhino

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

i was just about to search for that thread actually, i agree with you 100% this place has massively went down hill since a few years back.

1.8 Civic EX

Ridiculous comparison. People are being ridiculed because they stated that having lights on during the day don't make you more visable.

That opinion alone is retarded and deserves ridicule and pointing in the right direction.

Thank you for proving my point....

Will you light the right direction with your headlights? Because if it's a sunny day we won't see which way to go...

I said I agreed with using them during the day, I just questioned their use on a SUNNY day yet you still attmepted to ridicule me. Presumably because your e-penis is bigger than mine...I mean look at your number of posts - anyone elses view must be void.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Good example. Presuming you are sat in a 2 ton office chair with everyone else in similar chairs zooming past at 60mph? Otherwise it's not so good.

Chill, my chair has 5str N-cap and airbags, I don't think my lights will save me from the impending crash.

Unless ofcourse I set them to stun.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
f**k my post count, people are being retarded and they deserve to be told so.

I'm off to tell the EU that we now don't need DRL's. Rhino the sarcasm was on purpose for your benefit.

I know the reason this place has went downhill and it's not the "established" members fault. f**king sick of people bringing post counts into the conversation!

1.8 Civic EX
I know, and I thanked you for it.

The post count argument is a bit of a lame one, and unless it can be backed up with some sort of statistic showing how many posts were useful compared to how many are just b****cks then it's never going to prove anything.

For those still unsure as to the difference between lights on/off during the day, simply get two cars, park them next to each other, lights on on one of them and off on the other. Walk away from the cars and take a look to see which one stands out more.

Listerine & Poledo
we dont need DRL's, we just need drivers to be stop going full r****d the second they remove their L-plates

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I know, and I thanked you for it.

The post count argument is a bit of a lame one, and unless it can be backed up with some sort of statistic showing how many posts were useful compared to how many are just b****cks then it's never going to prove anything.
Is it like an inferiority thing with post counts?

Everyones opinion is welcome. Goodj's has less than 3k posts and has put across his opinion it means f**k all. And never will.

Clio 182 cup'd
Lights make you more visible, problem is it makes bikes less visible as they blend in and no longer stand out.

I disagree with the new EU laws coming in to force. It must be a clio/boy racer thing at the moment, I hardly ever see cars with lights on, except for volvo's and new car with DRL's.

f**k my post count, people are being retarded and they deserve to be told so.

I'm off to tell the EU that we now don't need DRL's. Rhino the sarcasm was on purpose for your benefit.

I know the reason this place has went downhill and it's not the "established" members fault. f**king sick of people bringing post counts into the conversation!

Apologies I thought it was you who mentioned post counts but it was actually GoodJ. My bad.

If you class yourself as an established member I'd be inclined to disagree as everything you've posted in this thread has been your opinion or sarcasm. Perhaps showing some irrefutable proof may help your cause whilst also educting people instead of belittling.

Listerine & Poledo
man-head-an-table.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Apologies I thought it was you who mentioned post counts but it was actually GoodJ. My bad.

If you class yourself as an established member I'd be inclined to disagree as everything you've posted in this thread has been your opinion or sarcasm. Perhaps showing some irrefutable proof may help your cause whilst also educting people instead of be-littling them with your oh so witty comments.
Goodj was saying that as a recent joke on here, it's not his fault you didn't know about the joke.

Mate if people can't see how having lights on is more visible than having lights off them what is the point of showing them proof?

The fact that DRL's are now law is pretty much proof to me. Why come up with this idea for safety if it makes no difference in the daylight/sunlight? It's a simply stupid view point.

How in God's name can lights be less visible during the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
its not unajusted its fitted in the wrong type of headlights.
You're wrong again mate.

I had xenons fitted to my 1.2 and once adjusted they were perfect. If there was heavy weight in the car I would electronically adjust the headlights from inside the car.

The same reason my HIDs are legal. They are set up correctly.

1.8 Civic EX
How in God's name can lights be less visible during the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbf I don't think anyone has actualy said it make you LESS visable, they are just disbuting if it makes you any MORE visable over a car that doesn't have them on during a bright sunny day.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
fitting them to a set of projectors though their is no adjustment needed, you simply replace the bulb and assuming the beam level was set properly before then theirs no adjustment needed. problem you get with non projectors is beam scatter everywhere. i disagree that its blinding as everyone about here seems to have them and they are brighter but id hardly call them blinding, they just look a bit crap

Status
Not open for further replies.