ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons ON, during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
You're wrong again mate.

I had xenons fitted to my 1.2 and once adjusted they were perfect. If there was heavy weight in the car I would electronically adjust the headlights from inside the car.

The same reason my HIDs are legal. They are set up correctly.

Xenons in a non-projector headlight surely just give off a massive blaze of light, like you see on Toyota Carina E's

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
tbf I don't think anyone has actualy said it make you LESS visable, they are just disbuting if it makes you any MORE visable over a car that doesn't have them on during a bright sunny day.
So a light on a car during the day cannot be seen anymore than a car without a light on.

This is new depths for CS.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
fitting them to a set of projectors though their is no adjustment needed, you simply replace the bulb and assuming the beam level was set properly before then theirs no adjustment needed. problem you get with non projectors is beam scatter everywhere. i disagree that its blinding as everyone about here seems to have them and they are brighter but id hardly call them blinding, they just look a bit crap

Xenons in a non-projector headlight surely just give off a massive blaze of light, like you see on Toyota Carina E's

No one is actually talking about cheap xenon bulbs. We're talking about xenon headlights.

Fitting xenons to any car doesn't mean they won't work or adjust correctly. They will be fine. You said retro fitting them was wrong or similar.

1.8 Civic EX
So a light on a car during the day cannot be seen anymore than a car without a light on.

This is new depths for CS.

I believe thats the point some people are trying to get across yes, I personaly don't think that though, as per my previous post.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So you're happy to say that lights make you more visable during the day?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
No one is actually talking about cheap xenon bulbs. We're talking about xenon headlights.

Fitting xenons to any car doesn't mean they won't work or adjust correctly. They will be fine. You said retro fitting them was wrong or similar.

he said the cheap xenon headlights all the chavs are driving around with which i assume he means an hid kit., when fitted in a set of projector headlights these are fine, when fitted in a set of non projectors these give off that beam scatter look i assume he was referring to blinding him (as much as i disagree these actually blind you)

you said i was wrong again, where was i wrong in the past in this thread!?

Status
Not open for further replies.