ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 rear brake lines

rstuned 182ff bg
Hello Chaps , Just putting the feelers out to see what you lads use , on replacing your rear metal brake lines, And i'm guessing Renault don't do them anymore, So just tryna get an idea of what else, I don't fancy using copper pipe, Am i right in thinking you can't use copper brake pipes , with ABS ? , Sure i heard that somewhere the other day.

rstuned 182ff bg
Ok so copper lines are fine to use, I'm on with a rear beam refresh soon, so need to do my brake lines also, Mine are corroded to death and look like there gonna give way pretty soon, Anyway big thanks Rob.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so copper lines are fine to use, I'm on with a rear beam refresh soon, so need to do my brake lines also, Mine are corroded to death and look like there gonna give way pretty soon, Anyway big thanks Rob.
No worries, the rear lines are pretty exposed to salt and dirt etc, most at this age need doing of have been done. Enjoy, I've got some pictures somewhere i'll post in a mo

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
1608255067706-png.png

1608255053804-png.png

1608255599583-png.png

Thats the BRT kit which was great quality and not horribly expensive. (y)

rstuned 182ff bg
Look's tidy with the braided line/s ...Been freshing the BG up, wings off...bumpers off...sill covers off..back seats out , check and waxoil the inner rear arches, Front carpet out after the heater matrix gave way and seemed to off filled the foot wells up with coolant, , Luckily floors were in mint condition still, So yeah back to the brake lines, Thanks chaps.

rstuned 182ff bg

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
I've never used steel brake lines but have flared a new fitting into an existing steel line and my tools were not happy at all!

Copper was a walk in the park compared 😂

I bought one of the £200 kits for single din flares of larger lines, lets just say after trying it out its sat in the corner of the unit ever since lol. I don't know what oem use for flaring single din 1/4 and 5/16 lines but I need it!