ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2012 -- June 11-15

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm so tempted by the new MBP - would be perfect for picture editing and more portable for taking to work.

How much would an early 2011 15" I7 MPB be worth today? It has 8GB of RAM?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm so tempted by the new MBP - would be perfect for picture editing and more portable for taking to work.

How much would an early 2011 15" I7 MPB be worth today? It has 8GB of RAM?

Same as mine, with applecare, like mine, I'd want around £1000. It was £1750 full price last year with applecare!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Yep, I have 2 years of Apple care left on mine, I'd want around £1100 but I guess prices will drop with the new models.

RB One Eight Two
The new MPB looks amazing. Thinner, lighter and retina display has sold it for me. Photo editing on retina screen - full of win!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Been running iOS 6 on my 4S for a few hours now. Not much in the way of change but some lovely tweaks. Very impressed.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Not much in the way of change but some lovely tweaks. Very impressed.

I particularly enjoyed the fact that google have just made themselves look like complete c***s by trying to steal apples thunder, if you're going to try that you'd better make sure that what you're offering is better than the opposition.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The new maps app is very good. Streetview is obviously dropped but it never worked well on iOS.

Bus w**ker
Will update when I get home tonight, didn't expect the iPad version to be 1.04Gb when I started this morning before work. Wonder if there will be droves of idiots complaining about things not working correctly, like with iOS 5, WHILST ITS IN f**king BETA. Gutted about the lack of turn by turn on my 4 though.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The new maps app is very good. Streetview is obviously dropped but it never worked well on iOS.

Do not disturb was one of my biggest bug bears.

iOS6 is a hell of a lot cleaner, more retina-ish.

Apple maps does look good from what I've seen. Am I right in thinking it's now a fully fledged satnav?

Will miss street view though. Found it worked well.

Sure there is/will be a google earth app for that though.

BMW F31
Nice to see OSX Mountain Lion pricing will be roughly in line with the states, £13.99 when it launches. result!

Tom does the beta allow all the Siri things for the UK? (local searches etc). Need to find someone to register my new UDID and give it a whirl.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339494212.444568.jpg

Fantastic.

Seriously though, Siri is far more useful now.

Bus w**ker
Dear god don't, I don't have enough hours in the day to reply to you when you've broke things it bad enough dealing with AK who can't even manage to find a f**king live stream of WWDC.

d4b78040-1c7b-675e.jpg

AK

M240i
Yup, I went back onto it and it worked, weird.

Was getting the play button with a cross through it to begin with.

Bus w**ker
Loving some of the little touches with iOS6 like FINALLY being able to have a different notification noise for Facebook and that the bluetooth toggle has been relocated to the main settings page. The new colour scheme is going to take a couple of days to get used to though, only minor changes but still different enough to be a bit distracting.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Apple have missed a trick with iOS6, it really isn't anything more than a few baby step changes, nothing i've seen has made me think wow thats awesome its all a bit meh, thats not bad.

They had a massive opportunity to offer something that can compete with the things that people really love about android such as the customisation of it and the super handy widget concept and instead they've come up with a map app which in practice i'm sure will offer nothing over google who have far more experience in the map application and development field than apple.

imo ICS is already superior and we have that now not in 6 months time.

I'll get flamed for those comments I know, but I have been an apple fanboi for like 3 years on these forums up until the last few months so i'm more qualified than most to make comments like the above, FYI i've recently gone from an iPhone 4S to a Galaxy SIII and unless Apple overhaul iOS i'll never come back.

Don't you feel that the need for Google to keep changing Android so extensively with each update says more about Android than it does about iOS?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Apple have missed a trick with iOS6, it really isn't anything more than a few baby step changes, nothing i've seen has made me think wow thats awesome its all a bit meh, thats not bad.

They had a massive opportunity to offer something that can compete with the things that people really love about android such as the customisation of it and the super handy widget concept and instead they've come up with a map app which in practice i'm sure will offer nothing over google who have far more experience in the map application and development field than apple.

imo ICS is already superior and we have that now not in 6 months time.

I'll get flamed for those comments I know, but I have been an apple fanboi for like 3 years on these forums up until the last few months so i'm more qualified than most to make comments like the above, FYI i've recently gone from an iPhone 4S to a Galaxy SIII and unless Apple overhaul iOS i'll never come back.

so a widget would instantly make you switch back to ios?

bulls**t.

you are bored and want to tinker. Apple doesn't care about people like that.

Test
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
  330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I'm actually surprised how good new maps looks. Seems to work well but that won't get a proper test until the weekend.

Im glad they tinkered, why ruin something with big changes, it's where it needs to be but needed optimising. Like Siri, finally workinh a treat! Little things.

Got to say the beta is surprisingly stable, not had a crash yet and seems safari is a faster?!?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Glad it's not just me that feels like that, seems a lot faster.

I thought I was getting myself at it to start with!

I used sat nav maps today, it's brilliant.

Button on steering wheel held in, take me to Heidelberg Uk headquarters and bang, found it in my address book and took me on my way with turn by turn muting music with directions etc.

Only thing I found was it seems to think We drive on the right! Tells you to exit right off motorways etc instead of left