ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2012 -- June 11-15

Tesla MP3 2021
ScreenShot2012-04-27at064327.png

Notebook Updates;

Macbook Air
gets ivy bridge + Intel 400 Graphics, USB 3.0 and more flash storage which is faster. Enhanced 720p facetime camera,

Macbook Pro
gets ivy bridge + nvidia geforce GT650m graphics

New Model - Next Generation Macbook Pro
15.4 inch TINY, 220ppi screen. 2880 x 1800 - LOADS of other stuff. Mental.

Mountain Lion;
http://www.apple.com/osx/

iOS 6;
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its a developers conference, should see iOS 6 and the near final build of mountain lion.

I doubt we will see an iPhone 5, but you never know.

SQ5
iOS 6? Seems very quick.

I'd imagine they'll make a big thing of 5.1 as they did with 4.3 IIRC.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Its the week we've all be waiting for

Could this be a hint that finally we will see the iPhone 5? I doubt it in my opinion as most people who got the 4S on contract would not be able to upgrade 3/4 months early.

Bus w**ker
Could this be a hint that finally we will see the iPhone 5? I doubt it in my opinion as most people who got the 4S on contract would not be able to upgrade 3/4 months early.

Apple wouldn't really care, they know that the majority of their fan base would upgrade early anyway. But no I'm doubtful that it will see the 'New iPhone' (see if they follow the naming of the iPad) being announced, although I'm pretty sure that the 4S was the first iPhone to break the June release date trend. Meh, we'll find out in just over a month either way.

172 Cup
Hopefully they'll be announcing the new Macbook range as I'm due an upgrade so there's no point in buying at the moment!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Hopefully they'll be announcing the new Macbook range as I'm due an upgrade so there's no point in buying at the moment!

This is far more likely, expect hi res macs and possibly hybrid SSD storage.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Unlikely, but I'd love it. I never bothered with the 4S so I'm feeling quite poverty nowadays.

If the new iMacs are everything they say, I'll be looking at a replacement for the 27.

Bus w**ker
If this hadn't been announced already I'd have walked out of Trafford Centre with an iMac on Saturday, but now instead I'm waiting till June and seeing what's announced.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not holding my breath for any phone announcements sadly. :(

If it had been maybe a few months later I would have been more inclined to say there might be a phone announcement. We shall see guys.

2014 Focus Titanium
Imho it's pretty obvious that they moved the phone to the October announcement (in line with the iPods iirc?) and will continue at that time each year for phones.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I hope that's true. Anyway they would wait until next year to announce any phone?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
We shall see guys. Looking forward to actually being on a rolling contract in time for the next gen phone.

RB One Eight Two
I like many of you just want to see a new iPhone but judging by what you all think i'm not holding my breath. It would be perfect for me if it was a release of the 5 as my contract runs out on my 4 in June..

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I hope there is a new iPhone although I doubt it. I'm out of contract so Im waiting for the new handset to be released, I'll be sticking with my 4 until then.

Pah, I'm with Revels. When I bought my iMac I thought 27" would be too big, yet I was used to it after about 10 minutes and now I want a bigger monitor.

SQ5
Usually available afterwards but not live.

Plenty of websites have text and picture updates throughout which are usually quite good

Engadget, GDGT, cnet, Verge, MacRumors, 9to5Mac and Cult of Mac to name but a few. Just look round the home pages for their Liveblog tomorrow afternoon.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Apple haven't done a live stream ever since the music event in Sept '10 IIRC.

Might be something to do with Chris Martin off of Coldplay swearing at the end of his song he played I think.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping for a screen res increase (finally) on the 13inch MBP, will be tempted to flog this one to my folks and buy myself a new one :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Hoping for a screen res increase (finally) on the 13inch MBP, will be tempted to flog this one to my folks and buy myself a new one :)

Doesnt look like thats going to happen. Annoyingly.

Dependant on what happens, I might be tempted to get a fully specced 15" MBP.

Love my 13", but its a few years old now and need MOAR speed.

Rav4

Me too, but doesn't look like it as Tom said. I don't understand the reasoning behind it, rather frustrating. Bring on being able to drive non-dual external screens without third party devices such as Matrox.

Looking forward to the MacPro, hopefully there might be a slight re-design of it and descent specs, some people are stating that they will still have the 5770 gcards, not that it affects me, but seems odd.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Word of warning guys, don't post a load of b****cks while the keynote is on. It will only be binned.

I'll update the OP with the announcements.