ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2012 -- June 11-15

BG 182
will download that when i get home. Glad they've changed the email address. Although i dont even use it, Does anyone else? it really actually annoys me that i cant just use my apple id, which is my aol email address. im even thinking of just changing completely to an icloud email address, has anyone done this?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They haven't changed anything. The iCloud addresses don't work yet and only come with new apple id's or on apple id's that had mail unactivated.

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
They haven't changed anything. The iCloud addresses don't work yet and only come with new apple id's or on apple id's that had mail unactivated.

Thought anyone that has a @me address and runs iOS6b3 was also automatically getting an @icloud address that matches their @me, at least that's how I read the change log?

Tesla MP3 2021
I have... just tested to what was my @me.com email address and sent it to the same but @icloud.com and it came through ok

BG 182
I've just deleted @me.com on my phone and setup icloud again using icloud email address. It still let's me select whether I receive email to @me or @icloud. I've just selected icloud and now it's not so bad. Just wish it was all done with my apple ID. It's my OCD that's got the better of me. It seems too complicated and cluttered

Last edited:

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Probably won't be worth the upgrade. As was the pointless upgrade to Lion.

I think its person specific but for a p**n watcher like me, its not worth it.

I will upgrade though.

Bus w**ker
Free for me, so I'd upgrade anyway. But from what they announced at WWDC I think some of the features will come in handy for me.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
No ones mentioned it yet so just in case some dont

beta 4 is up

Few changes, noticing major bar YouTube app being removed

SQ5
Have Apple got there Fall thing booked up anywhere yet? The one where thy announce the iPhone?

Or will it be an impromptu thing? I can't remember what happened with the 3G?

4 was at WWDC but we won't be waiting until next June!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Some license issue or summit like that. So I read anyway.

I found it s**te anyway.

Bus w**ker
I like the app but I can still use the mobile site so its not the end of the world. With the removal of Google Maps and now YouTube I'm guessing that Apple are really distancing themselves from Google.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Yeah but the mobile site didn't.

Only problem being on this beta the mobile site doesn't work. Apparently YouTube working on their own app now.

Apple had a license to build a YouTube app that delivered content direct. They did that.

The license has expired.

Neither of them are saying why it's not been renewed but it could be because Apple want rid of Google or because Google want to be able to spam their videos with ads.

The native app made Google change everything to HTML5, now they've done that it works fine via Safari anyway.

YouTube converts popular stuff to HTML5.

So "Britney Spears - Toxic" will get converted. Whereas 'Cafcross singing Britney Spears in the pub' will probably be left as you uploaded it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
YouTube converts popular stuff to HTML5.

So "Britney Spears - Toxic" will get converted. Whereas 'Cafcross singing Britney Spears in the pub' will probably be left as you uploaded it.

Its also down to the uploader and because of ads