ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you buy a 182 WITHOUT cup packs?

Mountune Tractor
Just wondering really as you don't see THAT many around.
Do they sell for a cheaper price?

200 Gordini
They'll definitely be cheaper to buy.

I personally wouldnt buy one but id consider if it was mint and i had enough for H&Rs, cf splitter, cup spolier and turinis... thats just me being unique though

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

I personally wouldnt buy one but id consider if it was mint and i had enough for H&Rs, cf splitter, cup spolier and turinis... thats just me being unique though

So your 50/50 then ?? Lol :approve:

If the condition of the car and price was right , yes i would .

If it was cheap enough then id buy one. It would have to have the spoiler though so that i could spend the rest of the cash on powercoating, coils and a CF spliter.

fad

Clio 182 FF
Depends on what you were looking for? For example if you wanted something for track use i'd consider it as there are more suspension kits/coilovers availible compared to the cupped packed ones where you are pretty much limited to AST's or H&R's

Selling one on though will be harder as you can see the above responses that the majority would look for a 182 with cup packs only.

Mental 172 Cup
i bought my 182 with one cup pack and already ive changed the wheels and im lowering it so i dont see the problem tbh!

Vectra SRi

unique and turinis cant be used in the same conversation now can they! :rasp:

dont think id even consider it but then again why would you buy a cup packed car then change the springs or fit coils :S

Yes, if it was reflected in the price. I've never been a huge fan of the cup spoiler, and if I bought a 182 I'd be saving up for coilies for it anyway, and I work in a bodyshop so I could paint the wheels for the precise amount of sod all.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
If I bought one brand new I'd probably spec it with no packs. And then buy CF spoiler and splitter, some better wheels and coilovers :)

Black Gold with cup packs

unique and all quoted above cannot be used in the same sentence. I think that is what every other CS member wants in their car nowadays

Clio 182
I chose one without the packs as I wanted the suspension to be more comfortable and less stiff, coming from a Type-R with stiff coilovers.

I also wanted the smaller spoiler, but that comes from someone that does not like spoilers at all (I completely removed the spoiler from my Accord Type-R).

It is completely wrong to imply that the 182 without the cup packs is comparable to the 172. Read the following from the review of the 182:

"Compared to the 172, the wheelbase has been lengthened by 13mm, the track widened by 12mm and springs, dampers and rear anti-roll bar have been stiffened to improve the car's already prodigious ability to scoot around corners.

The modifications to the engine include a new exhaust manifold and recalibration of the fuel injectors.

The new system now has two exhausts appearing from the rear bumper in the middle, as in the Clio V6 and as the Renaultsport Megane's will. There are also small revisions to the front bumper but they are not immediately noticeable.

There are some improvements to the interior of the Clio, with a better stereo, perforated alcantara upholstery and some silvery seat belts."

Regarding the cup pack:
"There is also a Cup chassis upgrade which lowers the ride height further, stiffens the springs and has even stiffer-sidewalled tyres. It costs £200 and gets sw**ky anthracite-coloured wheels as well. "

So if you do not want the stiffer springs and lowering (or if you prefer coilovers) and the used car you find does not come with the original brand of tyres (many don't) then what you get from the cup pack is the colour of the wheels.

I agree though that for re-selling purposes it will probably be easier to sell ,so if you do not mind the stiffer ride then I would suggest getting one with the cup packs.

I would, without a doubt.

I'd be changing the suspension anyway. Its 3mm lower than a non-cup and still way too high.

The wheels would be changed. The rear spoiler is okay but I could cope with the standard one or just add it on. The front splitter is missing most of the time anyway and they break on a regular basis.

Massive placebo on here that because its got £600 worth of extras its suddenly a much better car.

Also, for resale, with anthracite wheels you could easily say its a Cup packed version. Only the geeks on here would be able to tell the difference.

when i got mine back in the day...

i just asked for everything that was going...never driven an un-cupped one...

but i have seen a few and they sit noticably higher..

if i went for a 197, it would be full spec too...

just my oppinion...

Nothing at the mo :(
I would, without a doubt.

I'd be changing the suspension anyway. Its 3mm lower than a non-cup and still way too high.

The wheels would be changed. The rear spoiler is okay but I could cope with the standard one or just add it on. The front splitter is missing most of the time anyway and they break on a regular basis.

Massive placebo on here that because its got £600 worth of extras its suddenly a much better car.

Also, for resale, with anthracite wheels you could easily say its a Cup packed version. Only the geeks on here would be able to tell the difference.

This is exactly why i didnt get a cup one :D

200 Gordini

So your 50/50 then ?? Lol :approve:

If the condition of the car and price was right , yes i would .

lol I wouldnt be able to afford £1.5k of mods in one go and then most probably have to pay for cam + aux or whatever, thats a different story though.

Personally its still a no from me.

unique and all quoted above cannot be used in the same sentence. I think that is what every other CS member wants in their car nowadays

:rasp: the unique part was a joke

Clio 182
i got mine with no cup packs, was a bargain price and immaculate, and everything on a cup packed 182 id change anyway, suspension, cf spoilers and splitter, and wheels, so for me it no biggy and its still just as quick in standard form, just perhaps not in the bends.

Mountune Tractor
Ok for those who bought a non-cup packed 182, what sort of price did you pay as it seems to me there is FA difference in price between the two these days (mileage and condition taken into consideration).
My general opinion is that there is no need to buy a non-cup packed as there are so many cup packs about for the same price but I totally understand why people would prefer the non-cup packed for the practical reasons stated in this thread.

Revels makes a good point about the geek resale. Tis true that. I am a geek though so would know the difference.

Golf GTD Mk7
if you can find a good cheap on why not. you can change the suspension to improve it and there will be no difference to the cupped one. Spoiler i prefer the cup, but personal preferance really.

Mini Cooper S sport
I wouldn't because it would make it more difficult to sell.

Plus they look better with the spoiler pack and 'amphasite' wheels anyway.