ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who likes the 200 now?

The RenaultSport Clio 200

• I liked it on Day1. I still like it.

Votes: 428 42.3%
  • I liked it on Day1. I now hate it.

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • I hated it on Day1. I still hate it.

Votes: 285 28.2%
  • I hated it on Day1. I now like it.

Votes: 283 28.0%

• Total voters
  Nissan 350z
^ Agree. It only looks good in colours that hide the horrible front end. You shouldnt need to hide it to make it look good!

LY V6 with Recaros
I like it now, still not 100% sure on the front end but it's growing on me and I love it in AG!

Glacier White 197
I hated it when i first saw it, but the more i see it the more i want one.

I want one that much that im getting one at the start of next year.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
if it wasnt for the front it would be winner, they have bollock'd it.
The lack of agressive styling in the headlights is a complete farce. Just wait til KTR get some better headlights for it or just get a set of the GT clio ones. Standard ones are f**king dire.

GW RS200
picard.jpg

(Hope you don't mind me using your photo mate - awesome car!!)

GTD, Lupo
Its ok to use the picture but to stick up for renault the bad fit on the panel above the light is due to a broken clip. Its booked in but there is a shortage of spare panels atm.

Paul

Like all new versions most people criticize until they buy!!!

OK keep moaning how we don't like the bumper and we don't like the headlights but until you buy it's a case of supply and demand.

99% of you guy's mod your cars endlessly, therefore a more suitable front end will be developed.

That said get saving an put the 200 to bed.

Apologies for gate crashing a thread but I do need help from any 200 owners, thanks http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=455180

Like all new versions most people criticize until they buy!!!

Or, it could just be that some people don't like it, and never will? I'd have a 200, but I'd never pretend I liked the ridiculous front end. TBH I don't mind the headlamp lines at all. It's the headlights themselves, and the mish-mash of conflicting lines on the front that I personally think look awful.

Or, it could just be that some people don't like it, and never will? I'd have a 200, but I'd never pretend I liked the ridiculous front end. TBH I don't mind the headlamp lines at all. It's the headlights themselves, and the mish-mash of conflicting lines on the front that I personally think look awful.

Sorry Roy but that's a complete miss quote. One you don't own and two I don't say I like the front end.

clio rs 200
we pick ours up tomorrow ..... so looking forward to finaly getting it
ordered it in black with the recaro seats ..... cant wait to see how it realy handles compared to the 197
i work for renault so get plenty chance of driving other peoples lol:evil:

clio sport rs 200
got 1 love it but no xenon lights that i had on 350z and dissapointed about that for being a moderen car and meant to be sporty should have them so that is the first change for me but rest i like gonna change tho the front seats to the recaros and from cloth to leather but love it and the looks different so like it

the front "f1" bit is growing on me, but that odd shape around the light, where it looks like the designers pen skiped a beat is gash.

i quite like the bumper, but would have to have 197 lights on it

Clio sport 200
Had my Alien 200 a week now and all I can say is wow. Swapped it for a 207 gti which I have to say didn't compare at all. Had a cooper S before that and the clio out performs in every department. The cup chassis is a dream, the car is on rails and goes exactly where I point it. This car is so much fun I can't recommend it highly enough.:D:D:D

Meg 250/E36 Touring
I definately prefer the looks of the 197.

The 200 is instantly a good car to drive when people test drive them as the power is easily accessable from mid range.

The 197 was misunderstood by many on test drive because they didn't use the engine as it was designed.

As per the 197, it is worth driving a car with over 5k on the clock as they really do feel quicker:approve:

Barge
Couldn't agree with you more there, Rich. As tempted as I was by the 200 and power lower down, my 197 is far better now than when I picked it up with 9k on the clock. Sounds much nicer now too.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Couldn't agree with you more there, Rich. As tempted as I was by the 200 and power lower down, my 197 is far better now than when I picked it up with 9k on the clock. Sounds much nicer now too.

Hi Rebecca

Hope you've recovered (!)

Apparently a coating on the back box burns off after a while making them noisier......Brilliant:approve:

I'd keep your F1, bet that looks the muts

Barge
Hi Rebecca

Hope you've recovered (!)

Apparently a coating on the back box burns off after a while making them noisier......Brilliant:approve:

I'd keep your F1, bet that looks the muts

I was sweet as a nut, TBH. :cool: LOL.

Awesome, just keeps sounding better and better. Not sure on keeping it, I'm thinking of going for a RB 182. We'll see what it's like when it's back from the stealers on Friday. :)

Barge

LOL. Want rid of the R27, TBH. I'm trying to be good, I still want a little fun in a daily drive rather than a diesel bus, a 182 seemed a good compromise, cheaper but still fun, and still my fav colour. :eek:

We'll see. Nothings firm yet.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like the car as a whole.The tests that have been done give it great reviews,however i just cant get used to the front end.Such a shame...