ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who likes the 200 now?

The RenaultSport Clio 200

• I liked it on Day1. I still like it.

Votes: 428 42.3%
  • I liked it on Day1. I now hate it.

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • I hated it on Day1. I still hate it.

Votes: 285 28.2%
  • I hated it on Day1. I now like it.

Votes: 283 28.0%

• Total voters
  Shed.
Its finally grown on me, there are some LY 200 pics on the media section and i really like the thing now after seeing them. I thought the front end was horrible but its really grown on me now.

AK

M240i
Has indeed grown on me.

LY & white seem to be where it's at.

Yet to see a alien green one tho

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Dissapoinment tbh, 3bhp up on the 197?

No xenons as an option? Your better going the used 197 root.

Depreciations is set in stone before it rolls of the fore court :(

AK

M240i
Dissapoinment tbh, 3bhp up on the 197?

No xenons as an option? Your better going the used 197 root.

Depreciations is set in stone before it rolls of the fore court :(

yep no xenons, tis a joke lol.

Although as i've said before, the new GT comes with xenons so can see the first mod of some 200 owners will be.

The styling at the front end is horrific, and always will be no matter how long it may take to get used to it.

Wouldn't stop me buying one but, it definitely wouldn't be for the looks.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Although as i've said before, the new GT comes with xenons so can see the first mod of some 200 owners will be.

You sure?

I'm 99% sure there is no Xenon lamps for the UK market

You sure?

I'm 99% sure there is no Xenon lamps for the UK market
correct mr 197gaz

the clio 200 or the gt do not have xenons nowhere in the world have xenons renault did notsell enough to offer them on the mk3 ph2 how many more times do i have to say they are projectors / dedicated corning lights which are standed on the gt an a 150quid option on the 200 :S

Last edited:
  Shed.
Well, just been for a pootle with my dad, had a look in the renault garage because there was an fn2 type-r there, dad wanted to see what the thing was like (he is also quite taken by it lol), also had a look at the 200 cup, and IMO i like it, but the cup spec is pisch, dashboard is awful as is the steering wheel. There was also an R27 there in Ly which looked the TITS, soo much nicer than the 200, but not quite the type r.

182cup & 172 racecar
I spent all day with one last week at the 5th gear shoot,as I said in the thread Alien Green was ok to start with but by the end of the day got sick of it.Have test driven liquid yellow and that looks mint but sorry I couldn't live with a yellow car everyday.
Every makes such a fuss about the front end but you tend not to notice it,wouldn't stop me getting one anyway,just need to find a colour.

Black 197
Nope dont like it, I'm liking the new style diffuser but thats it, wheels are gash, Front is ugly as sin... Glad i bought my 197 now instead of holding out for the 200..

Suppose its like Marmite though... Either love it or hate it and im a hater for both

Audi TT
After seeing an AG one in the flesh on the bank holiday it has grown on me a lot. They look much better in the flesh and the black nose as said really doesn't detract.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Its finally grown on me, there are some LY 200 pics on the media section and i really like the thing now after seeing them. I thought the front end was horrible but its really grown on me now.

Yep, the yellow pics have done it for me. Starting to look more like a car. I dont mind the beard aswell :)

Barge
Needs a poll?

I hated it at first. The more I looked the more I liked, saw it in the metal and fell in love. The ones without speedlines are pisch.

Mini Cooper S sport
I just can't commit to liking it. Admittedly it took me a while to get used to the 197 though, and I love them now.

I think if I got anything new, it would be the Meg 250.

Yeah the Megane 250 looks awesome IMO. We don't yet know how it drives dynamically though, do we? For all we know it could handle like a blamounge. Not very likely though.

Family Bus
Megane looks loads better.

The 200 is 'growing' on me, much in the same way the 197 did when it first appeared.

Trophy #490
It was ugly in the first photos, and it's just as bad now! A truly terrible looking car, totally spoiled it! The 197 was so good looking too. I went down to my local Renault dealer to see it in the flesh but no, still ugly. It was in green too, not a vibrant green like the Focus RS but it looked to be dull, almost like a flat, matte green. :dapprove: