ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who likes the 200 now?

The RenaultSport Clio 200

• I liked it on Day1. I still like it.

Votes: 428 42.3%
  • I liked it on Day1. I now hate it.

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • I hated it on Day1. I still hate it.

Votes: 285 28.2%
  • I hated it on Day1. I now like it.

Votes: 283 28.0%

• Total voters
  DCi
i was indifferent to it initially - i didnt think it was horrible but i didnt really like it either

i like it more now and i also believe if it's possible you could get away with removing that wavy bumper thing

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They are growing on me. And as I've said before, I'd strangely want one a whole lot more than a 197.

The LY 200 at Chatsworth looked great in the flesh. Really liking the exhausts and the front doesn't bother me at all. I still don't think it wouldn't be that much of an improvement over the 182 for me to want one enough, though. I'd rather chuck the extra few grand at an R26R.

Which speaking of Meggy's, the new one simply looks awful. Like the squat, fatter, uglier sister to an Astra VXR. The rear in particular just looks utterly confused and a mess.

D.

Mini Cooper S sport
Which speaking of Meggy's, the new one simply looks awful. Like the squat, fatter, uglier sister to an Astra VXR. The rear in particular just looks utterly confused and a mess.

D.

I beg to differ, I think it looks fantastic!

renaultsport-megane-2.jpg

It doesn't even look like an Astra VXR. Not even a little bit. Someone somewhere even said it looked like a Focus ST.

Seriously WTF? The shape of the wheels are the same. Ergo round.

Scirocco GT 2.0
I no longer like it :(

The more I look at the the more it un-grows on me..

The front bumper arrangement makes me feel ill.. That Megane RS however HOHhh yes..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I beg to differ, I think it looks fantastic!

renaultsport-megane-2.jpg

Nope. It looks like an......

09_41_6---Egg_web.jpg

....only more yellow. ;)

It doesn't even look like an Astra VXR. Not even a little bit. Someone somewhere even said it looked like a Focus ST.

Seriously WTF? The shape of the wheels are the same. Ergo round.

Nothing like a VXR? Are you blind?

hsv-astra-vxr-728073.jpg

Hmmmm - acres of difference there. They've even tried one-up-manship and made the oval pipe just that bit bigger. Oh, and in the middle too. The rear screen looks much better on the VXR also. It's far, far too fussy on the Meg. The previous model of Meg looked spot on to me and the booty-ass was part of the car's appeal. God knows why Reno abandoned the idea.

Anyways you tart, do you not check your Steam account for weeks on end? :rasp:

D.

Completely different shaped glass lines. In fact, upside down on the meg. Completely different lamp clusters. Totally different liftgate. Exhaust in the middle. Round wheels. Yeah, f**king doppleganger -x-

Not logged into Steam for ages. Got the G25 set up at the moment, innit :D

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I really really dont like the new front end, but I'll reserve judgement completely until I see one in the metal. I didn't like the 197 until I saw it at renault, and then I placed an order lol. The carbon fibre diffuser for the 197 looked a lot better than the new diffuser aswell imo...

RS 172+
If it weren't for the diamond in the rear mirror it could be any latest generation car. I'm afraid progress has once again come up with a bigger car with even more gizmos.

172cup
I ve been offered one for 15k with recaros, ac and white with black speedlines brand new. Really like it but need to drive it first. I also have the nag in the back of my mind that if i hold on the r26r may be had for 15k by the end of the year.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I ve been offered one for 15k with recaros, ac and white with black speedlines brand new. Really like it but need to drive it first. I also have the nag in the back of my mind that if i hold on the r26r may be had for 15k by the end of the year.

Too true. Especially if you go through someone like Lloyds CarSelect or similar. Assuming there will be any R26R's left by then! :)

D.

Barge
The yellow recaro's (not those above) are gorgeous. Especially in the LY, white or black option. IIRC. Yellow interior is an option anyway, I think you can choose others. I'm struggling to remember the specifics, sure it's on the web though.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
correct mr 197gaz

the clio 200 or the gt do not have xenons nowhere in the world have xenons renault did notsell enough to offer them on the mk3 ph2 how many more times do i have to say they are projectors / dedicated corning lights which are standed on the gt an a 150quid option on the 200 :S

Ha me and my mum noticed this the other night while hammering down some country lanes. The headlights turn when cornering ;) oh and when you stop the side lights come on so you can see what your doing when you get out ;)