ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who likes the 200 now?

The RenaultSport Clio 200

• I liked it on Day1. I still like it.

Votes: 428 42.3%
  • I liked it on Day1. I now hate it.

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • I hated it on Day1. I still hate it.

Votes: 285 28.2%
  • I hated it on Day1. I now like it.

Votes: 283 28.0%

• Total voters
got a clio 200 in white with matt black speedlines looks the dog's b******s, and whats every1 goin on bout the LY colur looks crap. The squiqqly thing at the front, for the user who don't think it looks good, is for downforce at the front so i can rinse the 197.

Lol i have an ally

good friend spotted a gw 200 up the town tonight and he commented how feckin ugly it looked lol...and that is coming from 'joe average, man on the street' let alone an enthusiast lol

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Joe Average, Man on the street will not be able to tell the difference between any hot clio and a cooking clio ;)

Joe Average, Man on the street will not be able to tell the difference between any hot clio and a cooking clio ;)
fair enough point...that being the case, Renault really should have made their 'cooking' Clio really standout in a good way.

RS focus looks mean as fook...significantly different from all other Focus...why oh why did Renault designers not make their hot clio much more eye candy to go with excellent platform it is set on!!!

BMW M Lite
Haha, still don't like the 200. Don't think I ever will.

Took me long enough to like the 197 but now I've seen more of them I absolutely love them for what they are.

And I'm guessing in time, when a new Clio is released you will say "took me long enough to like the 200..."

I wonder what will happen when you've seen more 200's? Love them for what they are maybe?!?

Elise 111R
And I'm guessing in time, when a new Clio is released you will say "took me long enough to like the 200..."

I wonder what will happen when you've seen more 200's? Love them for what they are maybe?!?

I loved the 172 / 182 when it came out, gawped at a 197 at silverstone when i saw one for the first time and now have laughed out loud and grinned at some kid in a 200 in Edinburgh.

Does no one else think they have taken inspiration from a platypus duck beak at the front.

Just Ugly and its the same with the new Meg... how can they go backwards..

BMW M Lite
Just because YOU don't like it; doesn't mean Renault have gone "backwards". Unless of course their sole purpose is to make cars for you personally. Which I doubt.

Some people like it, some people don't. A bit like Marmite. That doesn't make it a bad car. And it definetly doesn't mean they've gone "backwards". In fact if you read the countless awesome reviews then in fact they've gone a long way forwards.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
This sounds rather sad, I've just driven 15 miles each way to Ikea in the 200, had three different cars thumbs up or give me the the pointing "go" finger asking to put my foot down, obviously I resisted and just thumb up back at them.

The 200 RRP in France is 25,000 Euro, there are very few here with one and the Renault Sport name is strong, the 200 is absolutely loved! Whenever I return to the car there are hand prints on my windows where people look in, even seen folk take photos of it :)

My motto - So you want to feel really good in a 200, drive around France in it :D

AG 200
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.
Got to laugh at the Joe Public comment, maybe we should post up pictures of the house/Mrs /pets and furnishings seen as this guy obviously is the holy grail of all things tasteful.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.
Got to laugh at the Joe Public comment, maybe we should post up pictures of the house/Mrs /pets and furnishings seen as this guy obviously is the holy grail of all things tasteful.
Just making a comment from a guy who knows a little about ClioSport but basically couldn't care less about cars. He just said that it was an ugly looking car...that's all, nothing less, nothing more...so your comment about being the 'holy grail of all things tasteful'...I think is harsh.

MCS R56
This sounds rather sad, I've just driven 15 miles each way to Ikea in the 200, had three different cars thumbs up or give me the the pointing "go" finger asking to put my foot down, obviously I resisted and just thumb up back at them.

The 200 RRP in France is 25,000 Euro, there are very few here with one and the Renault Sport name is strong, the 200 is absolutely loved! Whenever I return to the car there are hand prints on my windows where people look in, even seen folk take photos of it :)

My motto - So you want to feel really good in a 200, drive around France in it :D

LOL! Okay.

Nissan 350z
They seem a lot more popular then the 197's were, tonnes of them on the roads around here.

Im sure people said the same about the 197...like it or not it looks far beefier then the previous clios bar the V6.
Its interesting, people are starting to come round to them, again looks aside, they are fab little things. Its not "pretty" like the mini but has loads of road presence and it does look aggressive imo where again front end all previous clios looked the same as standard cars.

MCS R56
Im sure people said the same about the 197...like it or not it looks far beefier then the previous clios bar the V6.
Its interesting, people are starting to come round to them, again looks aside, they are fab little things. Its not "pretty" like the mini but has loads of road presence and it does look aggressive imo where again front end all previous clios looked the same as standard cars.

Not so little anymore! They swamp 1*2's!

PH1 V6
they actually look really good in the flesh however i am not a fan of the alien green colour (i know that im in a minority on that one lol).

I have seen one in white and RB which both looked amazing! one thing they do need tho is the little spoiler on the back to finish it off. Reanult do it as an option for about £300 extra... makes it look so much nicer.

GTD, Lupo
they actually look really good in the flesh however i am not a fan of the alien green colour (i know that im in a minority on that one lol).

I have seen one in white and RB which both looked amazing! one thing they do need tho is the little spoiler on the back to finish it off. Reanult do it as an option for about £300 extra... makes it look so much nicer.

They are a car you need to see in the flesh as they dont photo well :(

Was it mine you saw?

Gorms

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
This thread/poll is no longer relevant as once you have voted you cannot vote again............. It only counts for the time when the 200 was launched and this thread created.

Mods should stick up a fresh one and see if the results now differ after more exposure to the new face of Renault :cool:

Monaco 53/468
I didn't mind them when they first came out. I driven a 197 a few times and it was OK but I was a little disappointed tbh.

Last night I drove my mates new 200 with Cup Chassis and feck me it's a different kettle a' fish to the 197! Loads more torque, its munches through the revs and the handling is awesome though a little bouncy as its quite stiff.

To summarize - WANT, but with Recaro's.

M3 SMG
Still want one and that cup deal is tempting however I think I'm going to stick with the 182 for a while as I love it too much!

2=clio 200
4760423348_fa1c8d2b2b_b.jpg