ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who likes the 200 now?

The RenaultSport Clio 200

• I liked it on Day1. I still like it.

Votes: 428 42.3%
  • I liked it on Day1. I now hate it.

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • I hated it on Day1. I still hate it.

Votes: 285 28.2%
  • I hated it on Day1. I now like it.

Votes: 283 28.0%

• Total voters
  Not a 320d
in red it looks acceptable for some reason.

Still cant get over how ugly the full car is though, my GT is bad enough.

GTD, Lupo
in red it looks acceptable for some reason.

Still cant get over how ugly the full car is though, my GT is bad enough.

Have you honestly seen one in the flesh or just pictures? I parked next to a GT the other day in a multistory car park and the 200 looked 200 times better :D. Its still one of them cars you have to see on the move or in the flesh, it just doesnt photo well from cetain angles (mainly the front).

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It looks better in the flesh. Still ugly though.
4790738262_f9288836b4_b.jpg

GTD, Lupo
Thats the angle that makes it fugly :D but if you move slightly to the left or right or all the way round the back it looks a little better :D

DSC_0710.jpg

Paul

Not a 320d
Have you honestly seen one in the flesh or just pictures? I parked next to a GT the other day in a multistory car park and the 200 looked 200 times better :D. Its still one of them cars you have to see on the move or in the flesh, it just doesnt photo well from cetain angles (mainly the front).

yes i have seen one in the flesh, numerous times and ive looked round one at the stealers. I think it looks worse in the flesh tbh. I dont know how you could live with it other than the power and handling. f**king ugly as sin.

GTD, Lupo
I dont know how you could live with it other than the power and handling. f**king ugly as sin.

That has to be one of the stupidest things i think i have ever read on my forum. :lolup:

Not even gonna explain how i bring myself to live with it, but its hard pfft!

Paul

Not a 320d
That has to be one of the stupidest things i think i have ever read on my forum. :lolup:

Not even gonna explain how i bring myself to live with it, but its hard pfft!

Paul

Why? I think its one of the most ugly cars Renault have produced. It was the kind of comment that was ment to translate to, well, i dont like it, and i certainly wouldnt want to buy one. Have you never heard of similar expressions?

GTD, Lupo
It was stupid because you have purchased a GT. I dont care if you would buy one or not but people in glass houses dont chuck stones. At least the 200 has something going for it.

Paul

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
It was stupid because you have purchased a GT. I dont care if you would buy one or not but people in glass houses dont chuck stones. At least the 200 has something going for it.

Paul

I have to agree with this man. The GT certainly aint no looker.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
200's are f**king ugly. GT's are f**king ugly. FFS you're arguing over which fat bint you'd rather ravage. In an ideal world, neither!!

GTD, Lupo
But back to your original comment.

I dont know how you could live with it other than the power and handling. f**king ugly as sin.

So ask yourself the same question thats all im getting at. I have never said the 200 was pretty or amazing look at. I have always agreed it ugly from the front end. I was just pointing out that your question was stupid.

200 has no looks but good handling and proformance according to you.

So what does the GT have going for it? and how do you live with it??? because it has no handling or proformance and the full econemy on petrol is lame.

Now you must see why that was a stupid comment for you to say.

Paul

GTD, Lupo
200's are f**king ugly. GT's are f**king ugly. FFS you're arguing over which fat bint you'd rather ravage. In an ideal world, neither!!

True but one of these fat b**chies gives one of the best hand and BJ in the world for the price and its not the GT!!!

Paul

Not a 320d
But back to your original comment.

So ask yourself the same question thats all im getting at. I have never said the 200 was pretty or amazing look at. I have always agreed it ugly from the front end. I was just pointing out that your question was stupid.

200 has no looks but good handling and proformance according to you.

So what does the GT have going for it? and how do you live with it??? because it has no handling or proformance and the full econemy on petrol is lame.

Now you must see why that was a stupid comment for you to say.

Paul

Sue me.

I like the Gt's look most of the time. I think 200s are butt ugly.

Oh no, a personal opinion.

You blew my comment well out of proportion too.

GTD, Lupo
Its your opinion and i never disagreed with you i agreed with you but i said it was stupid coming from you, thats all.

As for the comment, how else was i meant to read it??

"I dont know how you could live with it"

I tried doing a handstand and reading it backwards and it still says the same. To be totally honest i think you just typed without thinking first.

Given the choice between a GT or a 200 free of charge what would you pick???

Thanks louise x :eek:

Paul

Not a 320d
Free of charge, and i wouldnt have to pay for running costs, 200, but id think hard about it first and i would never be satisfied with the looks, and if i had 17k to spend on a car, it wouldnt be a 200.

Sory, i forgot that, because i own a less capable car, which also happens not to be a renaultsport, i am not allowed to voice an opinion.

Thinking twice about my comment, "I dont know how you could live with the 200's looks" would have been more appropriate, sorry.

Not a 320d
No problem bud, reading back, it was totally pointless and didnt say what i wanted to say lol. Still a f**k ugly car though. :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You probably paid more for the GT!

2 Sisters, both ugly. One is better in bed than the other.

Z4
I didn't like it at first, and I still think it's a bit of a munter, but I hear it's a cracking B road weapon so I'd love a go in one.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I really don't like the front. The rear three quater view is its best angle in my opinion. But I won't have to look at it when I'm driving!

Mini Cooper S sport
I've seen a white 200 with black speedlines a couple of times and they did look good, but still not good enough for me to want one. The R27 still looks better. Least Renault got the Meg 250 right.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Clio 197 R27 was the best looking RS Clio ever. If you argue with this fact, god will strike you down.

The 200 still doesn't look good imo, but it doesn't make me angry anymore which is a good thing I suppose.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No. I'd have bought one anyway (Too cheap not to tbh!) but the front end is atrocious.

I think the shock factor made me hate it so much. Now i'm over the shock, I just dislike it rather than hate it.

As I was never "into" earlier RS Clios I never got used to the 197's looks, I therefore find that the 200 looks much better than the 197. I do however understand how sometimes newer models of cars take a while for the looks to catch on when you really love an earlier generation of car

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
200 looks best in either white or red on black speedlines.....IMO.

Its cornering ability is staggering but its just underpowered. Im all for NA but dare i say it, it needs a light pressure turbo......or just a crash diet.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Liquid yellow with the anthracite exterior pack. Winner.

On the subject of power, it only has 3bhp extra but it has 20% more bottom end torque. Having said that, you can get the 197 remapped and get the same results.