ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats wrong with your car right now??

Clio 1.2 16v
Needs a new fog light
4 new tyres
And various chips on the windscreen.

Has developed slight knocking whilst on full lock but not really looked into that yet.

260% JCW
Needs a new fog light
4 new tyres
And various chips on the windscreen.

Has developed slight knocking whilst on full lock but not really looked into that yet.

Just a quick warning about getting you windscreen repaired, they bleet on about it being free and it is. Thing is when you go to re-new your insurance they class it as a claim and bump your premium up. f*****s.

Clio 1.2 16v
Just a quick warning about getting you windscreen repaired, they bleet on about it being free and it is. Thing is when you go to re-new your insurance they class it as a claim and bump your premium up. f**kers.

Never knew that. So far they are just chips with very minor cracks on 2. Im just going to keep an eye on them and if they dont get worse they will be alright.

Ph2 Clio 172
:(

IMAG0056.jpg

Ph2 Clio 172
Just a quick warning about getting you windscreen repaired, they bleet on about it being free and it is. Thing is when you go to re-new your insurance they class it as a claim and bump your premium up. f**kers.

Really? Says who?

My documentation clearly says that claiming for a new screen will not affect my premium, as does anyone I have ever known claim for a screen with windscreen cover on their policy. Are you sure you are not confusing a bump in premiums with just the standard default renewal increase that everyone does?

Depends on the insurer. Bell/Admiral/Elephant/EUI companies etc do make a distinction between types of claims.

Get a quote using the online form, then declare a windscreen claim. No difference in price. Or at least there wasn't when I checked (nearly a year ago to be fair)

260% JCW
Really? Says who?

My documentation clearly says that claiming for a new screen will not affect my premium, as does anyone I have ever known claim for a screen with windscreen cover on their policy. Are you sure you are not confusing a bump in premiums with just the standard default renewal increase that everyone does?

Says my insurance company (esure)

When going through all the quote rubbish over the phone the women asked if i had ever made any claims to which i replied no. Towards the end of the conversation after i had received a quote i asked the question as it was playing on my mind. I asked her if a repair on our windscreen counts as a claim, to which she replied yes and the price shot up by £90.

260% JCW
Depends on the insurer. Bell/Admiral/Elephant/EUI companies etc do make a distinction between types of claims.

Get a quote using the online form, then declare a windscreen claim. No difference in price. Or at least there wasn't when I checked (nearly a year ago to be fair)

This was in November last year.

ph1 172
I had this symptom looked at by my local garage, no worn parts found but did find that somehow the plastic arch liners were catching on the tyres, on both sides then releasing with a loud 'knock' which could be felt through the steering wheel.

rcz 200gt
Nothing now cos its just had new exhaust discs and pads all round and a new radiator flown thru mot suppose it could do with a bulb in top display but i aint taking dash out just for that

Ph2 Clio 172
Says my insurance company (esure)

When going through all the quote rubbish over the phone the women asked if i had ever made any claims to which i replied no. Towards the end of the conversation after i had received a quote i asked the question as it was playing on my mind. I asked her if a repair on our windscreen counts as a claim, to which she replied yes and the price shot up by £90.

Making a claim on your insurance to repair anything counts as a claim.

The difference is weather you have additional windscreen cover on your policy. If you do, then claims for windscreens are not recorded as 'normal' claims, and therefore don't get recorded as such, and don't affect your renewal.

Well attempted to fix my knocking which was mainly caused by a worn balljoint and have got rid of the main knocking. However I still have some knocking, whilst it was jacked up I had a tug on the strut and I get some play so after a bit of research on the site I think I have narrowed it down to the inserts on the strut top. So just ordered a pair from renault to see if that solves the problem failing that im going to have to go for the complete strut tops, so fingers crossed.

great isnt it...!!!
hows the vee ?;)

Eeeeeeeeerrrrrr, unused, lol.

Still only got 6000 miles on the clock from new - with 4 children and now running my own business, I never seem to find the time to drive it!

So I guess the answer to 'whats wrong with my car right now' is, I don't get the time to drive it.

It's nice
Eeeeeeeeerrrrrr, unused, lol.

Still only got 6000 miles on the clock from new - with 4 children and now running my own business, I never seem to find the time to drive it!

So I guess the answer to 'whats wrong with my car right now' is, I don't get the time to drive it.

i dont mind using it for you if it needs a run out...lol ;)

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
On full lock it makes a noise, going forwards or reversing; the windscreen washers take a few secs to spray and when they do it's pitiful; one headlight washer doesn't work.

I put my car back together, it all works and is now what can be classed as near perfect as it has ever been. imo of course, most people would think i have destroyed a nice useable car.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
O/S handbrake cable
needs airbag resistors fitted
needs a new steering angle sensor because I have hands like cows tits
oil and filter are in the post

just recieved full set of dampers to tighten things up and new rear pads discs and bearings and a spoiler brake light

Never ending story with these things

Reverse lights, rear exhaust mount (in the post) and handbrake needs adjusting. Wheel alignment and general check over tomorrow so fingers crossed nothing needed

172 berg, Fabia VRS
I now also need either a starter or ballast for my xenon, air con fan motor and 2 new tyres!! Its one thing after another with this thing lol

2014 Clio 200t edc
I think ive got a blowing exhaust and noise from rear wheels (suspect bearings). Oh and front wheel wobble at speeds above 50. :(

RenaultSport 172
hmm whats wrong with mine...

Sounds like a tractor... (cam belt aux belt de-phaser being done by Mick @ Diamond tomorrow)
Washer Pump needs replacing
Tailgate lock mech was bust now fixed
Needs a general service
Exhaust needs de-chavving (too loud)

Apart from that not a lot...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Engine management light has been on for a while, ABS, ESP and SERV light also come on after a few minutes driving.

Dashboard is like a christmas tree.

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Interior light cable has melted itself (Standard Renault electronics IIRC?). Clutch needs replacing. Needs a proper service doing... I don't have the time to do it myself or the know how! Needs new front brakes(Discs+Pads). It's amazing!

172 Cup CC
Intermittent speedo fault, drops to 0 every so often, normally comes back after 5 miles or so. I'm guessing it's a faulty sensor.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There aren't enough words in my vocab to explain, but... i'm making inroads!

Clio cup 172
Two fronts tyres
Both rear callipers
Exhaust system
Wheels refurbed
Bonnet spraying
Gear stick gaitor
Front spliter
Both inner arch liners
Speedo sensor
Boot gas struts

French cars gotta love em not to mention what iv had to do with it

Cambelt water pump aux belt standard ino
Alternator
Starter motor
Service
Ht leads
Coil pack
Both rear shocks
New springs
Rear pads
Rear wheel bearings
Both cv boots
Clutch
Gearbox recon
4 tyres
All engine mounts

But I still love it lol oh and need a hazard switch :banghead:

Trophy #387
Front tyres wearing thin
Springs corroding
Small electrical fault
No petrol
No screenwash
Small engine
Bad driver

1.2 16v clio
boot lock broken
keyed on the passenger side, drivers side, boot, bonnet, thanks to some idiots
dent on the roof,drivers door, ripples on the bonnet thanks to some idiots
top suspension clunk when turning full lock
small oil leak

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Side light bulb filtering
Throttle position sensor on its way out
Rear bearings on their way out... Again!
200miles of 100,000 miles.