ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres for wet / rainy trackdays??

Thanks. Just had a quick look. Works out at £273.18 on there for 4 delivered. Thats 205mm tyres.

£154.34 all in for 195s but that's 86V whatever that means?

£205.72 all in for 195s with 82V.

What's the difference between 82V and 86V?

Also is it worth going for the extra width? I didn't with my R888s but might be worth the extra contact patch in the wet.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks. Just had a quick look. Works out at £273.18 on there for 4 delivered. Thats 205mm tyres.

What's the difference between 82V and 86V?

Also is it worth going for the extra width? I didn't with my R888s but might be worth the extra contact patch in the wet.

I think the 86 have a stiffer sidewall than the 82 as they can take more loading.

I'd go for the 195s for a wet tyre rather than 205s. And run 205 in the dry.

Sprint 172
R1R's will be my choice for hill climbing in the dry too - nice and soft with no need to get up to temp.

182cup & 172 racecar
Go for the 195, as they are slightly wider anyway.
The wider the tyre the more water you have to move.

Go for the 195, as they are slightly wider anyway.
The wider the tyre the more water you have to move.

I'll go with what you say. Thanks Tony

However trying to understand it confuses me lol. Surely more width means more grip. Even if you have to move water no?

Otherwise you could argue that a car on slim steel wheels with 105mm or whatever for example would be better in the wet than a car on 205s?

Audi A5
What would fall through water quicker, a plate or a knife?

In the snow, who gets up the the hill the easiest? A little micra with skinny wheels or an m3 with big fat wheels?

It's all about Reducing surface area in the wet.

182cup & 172 racecar
I'll go with what you say. Thanks Tony

However trying to understand it confuses me lol. Surely more width means more grip. Even if you have to move water no?

Otherwise you could argue that a car on slim steel wheels with 105mm or whatever for example would be better in the wet than a car on 205s?

No, not at all.

182cup & 172 racecar
I don't know what ones are on the race car.

Im nowhere near it atm.
Got ours from tweeks about 55 a corner
2yrs ago though.

Assuming the price hasn't moved too much you must have either 205s or the lower load rating ones (82V)

"If they're good enough for you, they're good enough for me"

182cup & 172 racecar
Def 195's as I said they do sit wider on the rim. Dont know what rating.
I can look later wgen I'm home.

Cup In bits
I don't know how ratings work tbh. If higher the number is stiffer or vice versa. The letter is speed related I know but Google away son

Renault Clio 172 cup

After seeing these prices, I didnt think it sounded right and had never heard of tyre traders so thought I'd go and have a look.
Cant see Toyo R1R's with anything other than an 82v load rating listed at £51.43 each + pp. No listing for R1r in 86v at all. Are you sure you.ve not accidently ordered the Toyo proxy 4's listed just above them at £35.59 +pp each? Totally different tyres and nowhere near as good. 154 quid for 4x R1R just seems too cheap.

Renault Clio 172 cup
To be honest £50 per corner is still damn cheap in 195/50/15. I paid £70 each for a couple from Camskill and I thought that was a good deal.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Yeah thought so, I think I still might well have 2 of the R1r in 195/50/15's for £109 delivered though. Bargain price for very good tyres. Get em quick before they hike the price or run out of stock.

TOYO 195/50R15 82V PROXES R1R Fuel Efficency:G Wet Grip:C Noise DB:73 Noise Class:3

The New Motorsport Tyre - The Proxes R1R. The Proxes R1R Is The Perfect Tyre For The Occasional Motorsport Competitor Who Requires A Less Aggressive Tyre Than The Proxes R888. This Exceptional Tyre I...

Manufacturer:
TOYO

Quantity:

Delivered + P&P
£51.43
Each​

Line Total £205.72​

Everything seems right to me? Don't think I've made a mistake??

Looking at the site again now. I think they must have changed something. There was definitely a choice between 82v and 86v before.

The previous data was just copied from the site and I only had R1Rs listed.

Ordering some of the 82vs today.

Last edited: