ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Clio 182
Painted bullets. diamonds and clio badges and internal chrome strips in black debadged the renault sport badges and fitted new vibe components in front and vibe coaxial in rear also fitted a new kenwood dab bluetooth stereo sounds a lot better now and fitting a tracking device today just in case any theiving scroat tries taking the car I might be able to find it

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Finally got the brake light fitted in my spoiler and trial fitted it
Just need to bond some brackets on now so i can bolt it on!
photo-14.JPG

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Currently having a dinner break halfway through wet sanding and polishing my headlights. Never done anything like it before so bit anxious to see how it turns out. Got 1500, 2000 and 2500 grit paper and t-cut headlight restoration kit.

Wish me luck!

Clio 182
Currently having a dinner break halfway through wet sanding and polishing my headlights. Never done anything like it before so bit anxious to see how it turns out. Got 1500, 2000 and 2500 grit paper and t-cut headlight restoration kit.

Wish me luck!
Did mine with autoglym kit really easy and looks the dogs b------s

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Called out Greenflag when my car wouldn't start this morning. One new battery later and I'm sorted.

clio 172
Fiddled gear linkages so I've got all gears after my recent engine swap.

Took it for its first drive since the swap, realised as I barrelled into a roundabout that I hadn't tightened up the power steering pump/pipe nut enough and proceeded to lose it all onto my brakes and tyres.

Fook that was close hahaha

Had a trip to Capital seating in Leics to sort my Recaro bolster out, top job and would highly recommend them!!

Had a blow out on the way home though and had to be recovered....Everything happens for a reason, right?

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Had a good day on Sunday sorting the headlights out, not 100% but a shed load better than they were. Also treated it to a wash too.

But on Monday my gym bag was sodden after sitting in the passenger footwell, looks like I have a water leak into the interior. So I'll be pulling carpets out and trying to figure out where it's coming from. Good old water leaks, only my favourite job in the world!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Fitted new disks and pads on the rear (brembo) Drained the old brake fluid and refilled with ATE supergold.

Took the car for its MOT and it flew through.
image.jpg
stopped on the way home to get a few cheeky pics....
image.jpg
image.jpg
Now begins the debate on wether to sell it or not!

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
Changed the leaking thermostat, expansion bottle and coolant. Also remembered that I hate the spring clips on the hoses, getting the radiator bottom hose back on was a right kerfuffle! Must buy a proper tool to remove them next time!

Anyway can you spot the difference?
IMAG0906.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
minted m1144 and brembo discs fitted to 197
gave the dci80 it's 160k service, new alternator, new battery and aux belt kit
washed all 4 cars
updated the software on the medianav on the mk4
fitted the trophy's new rear dampers!

225 Cup & Williams
minted m1144 and brembo discs fitted to 197
gave the dci80 it's 160k service, new alternator, new battery and aux belt kit
washed all 4 cars
updated the software on the medianav on the mk4
fitted the trophy's new rear dampers!

Were the pins in the calipers free?

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
Finished it's service, oil filter, oil, plugs, air filter. And checked it all over ready for its MOT in a few weeks

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely more firm but perfectly tolerable, as you say though might be a different story with solid top mounts! I'll stick to my standard ones.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have the same but with solid top mounts, hence my post. I thought you had the same until I re-read it.

I've had cooksports before and found them a tad crashy (obviously it's more harder now due to my solid top mounts). But they do give off the best look for a lowering spring, so there has to be some compromise to ride comfort.

172 Cup
I removed the spacers on the front seats to lower the height of the seats.

Free and a much better driving position.

172 Cup
@Wezwoz yes on original seats, you gain access to the x4 nuts under the car, x2 are covered by rubber grommets and x2 near the exhaust beside the heat shield.

Easy to do and i feel makes a difference to the driving position, i fitted some washers on the front bolts so the seats and still be moved (although stiff)

Clio 182
@Wezwoz yes on original seats, you gain access to the x4 nuts under the car, x2 are covered by rubber grommets and x2 near the exhaust beside the heat shield.

Easy to do and i feel makes a difference to the driving position, i fitted some washers on the front bolts so the seats and still be moved (although stiff)
Cheers defo doing this on Saturday