ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Track Sl*g Project

Hi all.
Just bought a cheap cat D 182 in a view to making her into a enjoyable track prepared fun car.
Currently own a P1 that generally gets polished and pampered and a company Golf GTD as a workhorse.
Being a complete bufty this will be my first project which will require a bit more work than tarting up the pretty bits.
With this forum, the Internet and blind luck I hope to change her for the better and document the good the bad and the ugly here.

After a good day detailing here's how she stands...

7A0EC368-F3B0-4DC1-BBE0-F0A7BBDA0452_zpslnmrwe5i.jpg

077DA0C6-5A8A-4813-B552-6277E4C70B77_zps64akznfk.jpg

6AA5C921-5080-4844-A808-CC2CEF23218C_zpsx4mbbqwr.jpg

5E7D0540-7D58-4EF2-A57E-8B3A090DFCE4_zpsm3qnewea.jpg

B25F24AC-9574-45B3-B030-D8C751D7986F_zpscrvdzfig.jpg

0C705468-B8D1-40B6-AC90-845B2E82EEA8_zpsdomxxngo.jpg

483A7D6F-42B0-4671-9521-1CEBCD54BDAA_zpsr4gxxmp9.jpg

6CC3664F-4D77-43E2-9450-14691DE34DE5_zpsamnotdeq.jpg

So this is how she looked after being deemed a Cat D, (see below) not too bad, just replacement parts needed nothing mechanical or paintworthy.
What drew me to the car which was for sale just round the corner was the mechanical work it had done, no lumpy tick over, no rocking engine.
98k, scorpion exhaust, new cam belt dephaser and fan belt, new rear tyres, cup spoiler, new clutch, recent geometry setup, 12 months MOT with zero advisories.
All in all a good project base.
First things to takle, murky looking headlights, wheel alignment sensor issues and battle scarred front bumper and wheels after that it could be track prep.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi and and welcome. Plans sound good although it looks like a lovely example that should be pampered and not abused on track.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a yozza exhaust. Quite rare now if so. Got any closer pics of it?

I'd be a paying member if I was you mate. You get access to the whole sit including the guides section, which can be great if your building a track car. Either way there is plenty of advise and helpful people on here.

So glue back box on the rear? If so it'll be the SRN019 system.

P1 needs some better pics :wink:
Glue back box? Sorry not sure what you mean. I'll get some pics on the Ramps and that should clear things up, always nice to know full spec to compliment further mods.
P1 is very photogenic, one for the future they are rising in value all the time, such a great car to drive, so much performance for not so much money.

So, long overdue update, been so busy with one thing and another not had time to do a great deal.

First on the list was brakes, quick search of the forums led me to George, a few quid later and a front set of HC discs, DS2500 pads, Brake fluid and brake lines arrived. After a monings work they were all fitted and looking good.

Next was to strip a little weight...

clio14_zps1jilwzwf.jpg

clio12_zpscirjecg2.jpg

clio13_zps3lsxfdl0.jpg

Cheeky boot matt to tidy things up (still need to get some MDF cut to stop the dip)
clio5_zps6hlqginu.jpg

Next was to sort out the dodgy looking headlights....OCD kicking in
Before:
clio8_zpspcrnyy7x.jpg

During:
clio3_zpsh8ptzcdp.jpg

After:
clio2_zpsxswletvp.jpg

More to follow, just need to upload the photos :)

Next up was the wheels, bit scabby and tyres were not up to track action, thanks to cliometrics on Facebook I managed to pick up a tidy set of dark grey wheels with Federal track tyres with lots of tread for £200.
Out with the old
image.jpeg

In with the new
image.jpeg

Another OCD moment was the wonky rattling tail pipe, a zip tie later and we have a straight pipe and no noises!
image.jpeg

Underneath looks pretty tidy for the age and mileage
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Next up, Cage, Seats and harnesses, oh and probably a track day or two..... :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 189
Starting to get somewhere now.

Stripped bare apart from the dash and door cards, bucket seats and harnesses in.
First outing, probably Blyton for the a midlands Scoobies owners day
imagehostpro 0.3.1beta

imagehostpro 0.3.1beta