ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do we know about the MK4 RS Clio?

182 cup
I have heard rumours that it will be 5 door only, 1.6 turbo with more power and torque than the outgoing 200 and a whole load of other stuff!

But what do we KNOW about it? And expected release date? I'm thinking end of 2013

Listerine & Poledo
I think you've summed it up alrewady fella.

Bet it still has worse economy than a 172 though

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lets just hope that the engine is lighter than the F4R and easily fits in a 172 bay :)
Oh, and that it handles terribly on the back end!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I reckon it'll be something similar looking to the Zoe. Thats already Clio 3 size (iirc has the same underpinnings) and 5 door. They've done a pretty good job of the rear doors, overall looks ok imo!

Zoe_trois_quarts_arriere.jpg

Zoe_trois_quarts_avant.jpg

Zoe_profil.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Oh for sure, but the Zoe does a reasonable job of still making it look like a proper hatch. If the standard Clio looks similar, the RS could have potential. Although it wont have proper extended rear quarters like the Mk3/Mk1 16v's They'll be stick on extensions like the Twingo/Meggy. I'd be surprised if they are made in the Alpine factory again :(

Da

Less
Early 2014 is my guesstimate, it will be 5 door and 1.6 turbo.

Not sure on the expected look and power of it though.

182 cup
Thanks, I guess we don't know anything at all yet. Looking forward to it, my PCP runs out mid '14 so hopefully jump straight into one :)

Megane 275 trophy006
Gaz I've been saying the same in regards to the Zoe and Clio being similar in design.
I reckon the next gen Clio is going to be a very marmite car.

It has to have more power they always do.

The 2.0 engine is a problem emmisions wise they could continue to work but the 1.6 is the logical only way forward.

As for the 5 doors nope I don't see it the Megan is the 5 door sized model.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nah

Some Mule shots, note all on Clio 3 5 door (Clio 4 on revised 3 platform)

Is it RS testing? Who knows whats under the bonnet. Imo its Standard Clio 4........

spyshots-renault-clio-iv-with-new-face-medium_3.jpg

12667151611007241085.jpg

spyshots-renault-clio-rs-five-door-medium_3.jpg

spyshots-renault-clio-rs-five-door-medium_7.jpg

spyshots-renault-clio-rs-five-door-39702-7.jpg

An orange one
Is that a FMIC hiding behind the bumper... Tbh, it doesn't look "tooo" bad in 5 door with the RS rear,

If they can really beef it up it might pull it off..I just think 3 door hatches are much better looking

BMW 330D
With the range cull and focus on electric cars and money saving i wouln't be suprised if they didn't worry about an rs version. This new bloke that has taken over at Renault seems to be moving them in a new direction. Clio sales let them down last year so I think they will market the new one in a different way and focus more on economy and emmisions. Hopefully thr rumours of a retro 5 are true because they would probably do an rs version of this.

It has the same engine as my car and it's very torquey.
You can be in 6th and speed up very quickly.

If the fuel consumption is anything like the Juke however then I hope you don't mind 28mpg mixed

However naturally the clio will be lighter but the Juke is still only 40kg more than the 200.