ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What age is too old for an RS Clio?

White clique
never too old...

i saw a silver haired granny in a red 197 the other day, it looked cool. Come to think about it i have seen elderly people in a few 197s!!!

172 cup , 197 cup
I am 68.. got an integrale , 172 and soon a .....Nova .................................................... maybe I am to old .

White clique
the old clio is girly looking tbh and is a young persons car imo. but if the older generation still enjoy it no worries to me tbh.

i'd actually quite like a 325 bmw tbh now. drive a bmw 3 series at work and i love it. drives superb. plus sounds awesome. plus may sound a bit corny, but i just ''like'' the bmw interior/feel. just feels good.

pics of said BMW?? Agreed on the look and feel.

I don't think people should be lynched for wanting to move on from a 182 to an Audi, BMW or whatever, peoples requirements from cars change as you go along. It doesnt mean to say those that have moved on suddenly think clios are s**t.

Clio v6
Went for a spin in a 335d yesterday, nice and comfy it was too. Driver couldn't stop fiddling with his big knob and swearing at the deaf woman "Sorry I didn't understand that" :)

PH1 172 Sport
IMO bang for buck a ClioSport can't be beaten. Cheap to run, reasonably cheap to insure and great fun to drive so I don't see why there should be an age limit on it tbh.

Clio 172
I'm 38 and still have one. I've had it for 9ish years, from new. Although i'm beginning my mid life crisis and want an early beetle again.:D

250cup extreme blue
I am 40 with wife and 2 kids.love the 197,and will be getting the new meg 250. Not to old mate.insurance of £250 for us both.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
pics of said BMW?? Agreed on the look and feel.

I don't think people should be lynched for wanting to move on from a 182 to an Audi, BMW or whatever, peoples requirements from cars change as you go along. It doesnt mean to say those that have moved on suddenly think clios are s**t.

it is just a 3 series beemer. nowt special tbh.

None
I'm 33 and just got a 182 from previously driving a tdi discovery and before that an astra estate!

Clio 1.2 for the boys.
Well I must have mental problems then.
I have had to re think my life due to heart op, but that dosent stop me from wanting one having just sold my mitsubishi 3.5 V6!
Life got to be about fun, even at 47:)

williams and trophy
Clio is a young mans/b**ches car. So I’m going to be kind…anyone over 35 with a Clio seriously needs to rethink there life.

This excludes people with mental issues, other vehicles on the driveway and if the Clio happens to be a V6…..MK2!

SUBWAY...DONE! xx

i must have a couple of screws loose then lol

i drive my car cos its what i want to drive.im a bit older than 35, doesnt stop me hooning round in it when i feel the urge tho. and working on it keeps me young lol

hopefully be on the lookout for an original mini soon too....

You can never be too old for a fun car IMO!

Little story from Donington Park a few weeks back. Myself and a mate, both mid 20s walked past a really old couple (70s easily) sat having a picnic lunch in a brand new Porsche 911 GT3! We both joked that he must drive like a codger, doing 30 down the backroads. Got talking to him later on and turns out he'd been a racing driver for years. His best quote, "the wife wasn't too impressed when I did 165mph with her in the car at Brands Hatch!"

Last edited:
  Meg 250/E36 Touring
A couple pulled out of airport parking (right next to work) must have been in their 70's....

Black R26-R with hero (red) wheels..

I looked in amazement as they bowled past, they looked up and waved!!

Fair play.... can't imagine it's easy at that age un-doing 6 point harnesses to get in and out:S

Crappy work hire car
I'm 29 and saving up for my first RS Clio - I'll be getting a 197 in September when I give the company car back (no point before then - free car).
25 is definitely not too old in fact its probably the perfect time to start since insurance goes down and you should have a bit more maturity in your driving style (but not too much, its supposed to be fun!).

S&K

182 cup + Elise
Hi my name is Simon and I'm a Clioholic........... LOL, never too old for a fun car, my Dad who is 63 loves driving mine and sold his naples valver last year so 25 aint too old at all, ffs I bought a Williams when I was 24 and thought that was sensible :)

Last edited:

S&K

182 cup + Elise
i must have a couple of screws loose then lol

i drive my car cos its what i want to drive.im a bit older than 35, doesnt stop me hooning round in it when i feel the urge tho. and working on it keeps me young lol

hopefully be on the lookout for an original mini soon too....

Well said :) Had a few original Mini's they're great ! Last one was a 1970 MK3 Cooper S with over 100BHP Loved it :)

Octavia vRS tfsi
Anyone that thinks cars have either a sex or an age limit are the Jeremy Clarkson worshiping, Top Gear believing idiots of the motoring enthusiast world.

a 197 'seems' a bit more of a grown ups car.
probably due to its size.

Generally speaking, there no age limit, but its down to social pressure, as a clio is a clio to others, which obviously has an effect on you. If you like a car, keep it, period. With the way society is, it seems that the only way you'd get ''man points'' is if others can see its stripped out with a roll cage and hold a ''oh, he only uses it for racing'' view. Otherwise

Clio is a young mans/b**ches car. So I’m going to be kind…anyone over 35 with a Clio seriously needs to rethink there life.

This excludes people with mental issues, other vehicles on the driveway and if the Clio happens to be a V6…..MK2!

SUBWAY...DONE! xx

S&K

182 cup + Elise

SUBWAY...DONE! xx

That is a very narrow minded view, so if I have a Clio on my drive in 2 years time I need to rethink my life ? I think not !!! Not being funny but it doesn't matter who you are or how much you have, if you like something you have it or aspire to it.

That is a very narrow minded view, so if I have a Clio on my drive in 2 years time I need to rethink my life ? I think not !!! Not being funny but it doesn't matter who you are or how much you have, if you like something you have it or aspire to it.
lol, welcome to cs

Clio 1970000000
Good god, I thought you were about 18 with this comment before lol.

"Depending on how much silt is in the bottom of your tank, running it dry will draw the crap into your engine. I wouldn't do it."

That's going to be on my epitaph :rolleyes:. TBH the last time I did mechanical work on a car it was a 1977 Mini Clubman so what do I know.

Thanks for everyone letting me know.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
When I seen this thread title I thought you were gonna say you were in your fifties! My dad is looking into a 197 and he's 41!!!