ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Watch dogs

Yaris Hybrid
Just been watching the play-throughs of early leaked copies that I guess shops gave out too soon.

To be honest it just looks like a dull average game.

I'd rather play Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row. I starting to feel certain that I just won't buy this game at all.

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah im pretty concerned by this, it screams damage control.

It was the same with Tomb Raider and Wolfenstein and there was nothing wrong with them.

It is done out of fairness to review sites. Those getting their reviews out first get all the traffic and hits. By having an embargo it gives everyone time to test the game properly and be ready with a finished review to all go live at the same time. It also means that they don't need such heavy restrictions about what you are and are not allowed to show in the review. I think Infamous Second Son had some pretty harsh rules on that such as not allowing reviewers to show certain powers so as not to ruin the surprise for players.

It seems that many publishers are adopting this approach over the old model where they did shady deals to give some big sites (E.g. IGN) an exclusive advanced review.

I'd rather have a release day embargo. Just don't pre-order, only fools do that unless you are certain you will like it and don't care about reviews.

Swift Sport
I've never played anything other than GTA, so what are good alternatives? I've heard of Saints Row but never played it, and I've just looked at Sleeping Dogs on YouTube and it looks quite interesting.

Swift Sport
Might give it a try then... Basically I'm not really a gamer at all but I do love the GTA series, and the only reason Watch Dogs interests me is that it's a similar platform/genre.

Nippy white cup
I'm still defo getting it. There is a big update straight away which might address some niggles but the actual game sounds pretty good to me....

I didn't say it was s**t. I haven't played it. I said it doesn't appear to be anything special, which in my opinion it doesn't.

Yaris Hybrid
I didn't say it was s**t. I haven't played it. I said it doesn't appear to be anything special, which in my opinion it doesn't.

Yeah it just looks painfully average.

I also find the main protagonist incredibly unimaginative. I have no interest in investing 40 odd in hours in playing that guy. I mean it just looks like they had a load of focus groups with 14 year old boys and said "tell us what you think is cool".

Seems like most games have the same feckin player character.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't referring to you, personally.

Its just a bit odd that all of a sudden opinion goes from this looks great to average / dull based on no advances in information.

Yaris Hybrid
I think the advance in information has been all the playthroughs that are out there now due to people getting copies in advance.

We aren't looking at select cherry picked staged manage footage any more but can see the full game in full uncensored action.

dk

911 GTS Cab
don't see what the problem is, its not real life, a game of this size is obviously going to have small issues, like in GTAV, one of the best games ever, it had the indestructible train, you could set a 747 in front of it and it didn't even slow down.

Evo 8 MR
don't see what the problem is, its not real life, a game of this size is obviously going to have small issues, like in GTAV, one of the best games ever, it had the indestructible train, you could set a 747 in front of it and it didn't even slow down.

Maybe everyone thought it would be a true rival to GTA?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm going to wait until I get my hands on it and make my own mind up, I'm still very much looking forward to it and I've been impressed by what I've seen of it so far.

Swift Sport
It'll be a shame if it is cack, because they've clearly put a lot of effort in. I'm very tempted to buy it to find out.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Few comments from folk with the game:

Finished act 1 last night, its a nice change but it's getting repetitive quickly, thought there would me more to the hacking than holding a button for a few seconds.

Loads of good things though, the progression wheel is a nice little target to aim for and wreaking having with hacking traffic etc is fun albeit basic.

The driving physics are sh*t.

Yeah release day embargoes are a little strange for something this high profile, I've played the "internet preview version" shall we say, only spent about 2-3 hours or so on it and thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so I'm waiting for my new nvidia card on Monday and the game's official arrival on Tuesday, so far from the little I've played I'd say it's an 8/10, evening/night obviously looks better, the daytime lighting isn't great but neither is AC daytime lighting but I find that tweaking the settings on my projector massively improved AC4 and various other games including this one.

It's better than the average online opinion of it is, that's for sure :)

It's a lot of fun.

dk

911 GTS Cab
apparently the torrent download of this has a virus installing a bit coin mining software, so its slowing down a load of pcs but one guy is benefiting as loads of people are mining for him LOL.

F82 M4
Too much hype may make this fail tbh. I think it's one of the reasons Valve haven't talked about Half Life 3 yet. That game HAS to be good.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Had 3 hours on it so far. It's pretty stunning. Gameplay is great too, I like hacking stuff. Hacked some traffic lights as I was chasing a guy, which caused an enormous pileup. Then his buddies in black SUV's showed up so there was an enormous gun fight.

The gun sounds are awesome.

The hacking minigame thing is just a pipe and flow thing, nothing overly taxing (some of them have time limits though).

I may need another GTX670 so I can turn the pretties all the way up.

Not sure if you can turn it off on the consoles, but I'd advise turning off the ability for other players to jump into your game and start hacking you (a bit like Dead Souls). Just f**king annoying.

Oh and you can ignore a lot of the stealthy stuff and just shoot your way through, which I've been doing :p

Last edited:

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Got it downloaded the second I recieved my key last night. Getting some good download speeds from uPlay @ 15MB/s.

First impressions are that it looks awesome. (Haven't left the room you start in yet though...).

Starting sequence/first cut scene is a long one.

Fiesta ST2
I fear I may need to upgrade my processor for this to work.. Ram, ssd, and GPU is all good.. CPU is pish :( What spec PC are you guys playing on?

I have bought a game since GTA, and fancy something to play on. This worth getting on PS3 or will it be sheeyat?