ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Watch dogs

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
^pretty bloody cool.

I'm torn at the moment. It looks awesome in the videos, but at the same time I don't want to watch the videos because I want it to be a surprise.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone bought from Play.Asia? Not sure I trust it?
That's the cheapest place I can find it on PS4. Not sure why it's so much cheaper on xbox.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I buy games for which ever system they are going to be best on, simple as that. So far that's mainly been the ps4, I might get to dust off the one for this title.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I buy games for which ever system they are going to be best on, simple as that. So far that's mainly been the ps4, I might get to dust off the one for this title.

You prefer the inferior PS4 controller though so I'd suggest getting it for the Piss4.

dk

911 GTS Cab
At the moment reading the limited info available it's looking like it might be the ps4 again, it's been confirmed it will be running 1080p, the xbox has not been confirmed, and rumours are it will be 960 I think I read.

im going to wait to preorder until there's more info, if they are the same resolution I'll possibly go for the xbox one, depending on how the extra features of the ps4 controller are used, if used well like with tomb raider then it'll be a no brainer for me.

Id id like to buy a game for the one though to get some use out of it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It's going to be best for the PC
flol, you could buy a ps4 and the game for the price of the graphics card you need to run it, and the same again for the processor.

i'll stick to my console that plays all the games that get released for the next 6 years running at 1080p and 60fps on my tv thanks.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
flol, you could buy a ps4 and the game for the price of the graphics card you need to run it, and the same again for the processor.

i'll stick to my console that plays all the games that get released for the next 6 years running at 1080p and 60fps on my tv thanks.

In that case why have you rented an AMG when you could have saved yourself some $$$ and rented a fiesta?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

You don't have to spend thousands on a graphics card to make PC games look pretty. A few of your monthly repayments would get a system that'd last at least a few years in terms of keeping the quality level up in games.

dk

911 GTS Cab
In that case why have you rented an AMG when you could have saved yourself some $$$ and rented a fiesta?
Do they do a convertible fiesta now then? I'll check that out, thanks.

Not a fan of renting though, you don't own anything at the end.

dk

911 GTS Cab
You don't have to spend thousands on a graphics card to make PC games look pretty. A few of your monthly repayments would get a system that'd last at least a few years in terms of keeping the quality level up in games.
No but you have to spend more than the cost of a console (just for the graphics card) to get 'ultra' graphics, which is the point of doing it, but then you keep having to upgrade, that's the issue I have, the whole compatibility of all the components too.

i love the whole, buy a game, know it will work, and I can play it straight away without worrying about any issues.

But then this isn't a discussion for a thread like this, it's about watchdogs.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Do they do a convertible fiesta now then? I'll check that out, thanks.

Not a fan of renting though, you don't own anything at the end.

Oh in that case since when have you been able to word process, graphics and video edit or code on a console?

Thanks for cementing my argument.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Oh in that case since when have you been able to word process, graphics and video edit or code on a console?

Thanks for cementing my argument.
not sure how you've worked that out, but i have multiple laptops for everything other than gaming, gaming is for consoles, pc/laptop for work and everything else.

Im not a graphic designer or a video editor though, so i don't need a powerful pc, in fact I've never owned a pc, only laptops.....which could be classed as strange considering i've been in IT for 20 years i guess.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
not sure how you've worked that out, but i have multiple laptops for everything other than gaming, gaming is for consoles, pc/laptop for work and everything else.

Im not a graphic designer or a video editor though, so i don't need a powerful pc, in fact I've never owned a pc, only laptops.....which could be classed as strange considering i've been in IT for 20 years i guess.

But you're not everyone. For some a 1.5k PC makes much more sense than a £400 console

Terrence was right, it'll be prettiest on PC.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Oh I agree it will be prettiest, but that comes at a cost, financially and mentally IMO, I like easy, that's why I roll with an iPhone, I get enough issues at work to solve to mean I want a nice easy life outside of work.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Oh I agree it will be prettiest, but that comes at a cost, financially and mentally IMO, I like easy, that's why I roll with an iPhone, I get enough issues at work to solve to mean I want a nice easy life outside of work.

For many that cost is worth it!

I agree regarding simplicity though, that's why I spunked a fair whack on a top line iMac when a similar spec'd PC would have costs 2/3rds the amount.

F82 M4

I can't believe you're actually arguing the fact it won't be better on the PC...

Evo 8 MR
I watched a gameplay video for this on Youtube the other day, I'd only sort of heard the name being waved about before that but I never thought anything of it.

Looks pretty amazing, not sure it will be able to compete with the likes of GTA but it looks like it'll be a lot of fun to play. I love the attention to detail on the animations, really makes it seem authentic.

One bonus to not knowing about this game is I don't have long to wait for it to be released!

Missing out on a lot of visuals without playing it on PC imo, and this'll be another PC release for sure for me.

The PS4 may run at 1080p and 60fps, but if it looks like minecraft then it's not really an achievement, and of course never comparable to a PC anyway :p

Arctic Blue 182
This whole PC/Console debate is getting boring. Yes PC has better graphics. Now can we let it be ffs. So many fan boys for either or just making discussions about games boring by turning the discussion in to 'my console is better or my PC is better' w**k fest.

1.8 Civic EX
Tbh the more I see of this game the more I'm not so sure about it.

I just get this feeling that the main story missions will be horribly linear, with certain "interactions" only being availble when in a mission and the inevitable "evade the police/bad person/gang" section at the end of each mission. Happy to be proven wrong on this though.

The idea of bringing up the details of all the by-standers etc is pretty neat but every single one of them?!? I can imagine that getting somewhat distracting. I can see me running around the whole map just doing that for hours (which can be seen as both and good and a bad thing I guess)

The fact they have already announced DLC missions, characters, outfits, upgrades etc just pisses me off personally. If it's ready now then put it in the game from the off rather than being greedy barstewards and charging what will most likely be at least an extra tenner.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I did think that, but there's been a few videos released showing the purely open world aspect of it and I really think you can sink hours into just wandering around interacting with people and stuff.

I'd imagine it to be a bit like Saint's Row/GTA in that there is a story to follow, but you spend most of your time just going around causing mayhem. And with Watch Dogs you have this whole technology aspect on top to make things twice as fun.

Evo 8 MR
I'd imagine it to be a bit like Saint's Row/GTA in that there is a story to follow, but you spend most of your time just going around causing mayhem. And with Watch Dogs you have this whole technology aspect on top to make things twice as fun.

I agree mostly with this but the technology thing for me won't make it twice as fun, I think it will give it that unique feeling though. Something new that Saints or GTA hasn't done.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Keep seeing adverts for this the last couple of days, looks immense.

They're advertising 60 mims of exclusive extra gameplay with the ps4 version too.