ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very cheap, very good Wheel cleaner!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I topped mine up with water once I got halfway through a bottle.

Got 1 full bottle and 1 diluted now so should last a reasonable while I hope.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I've not even used 1 bottle since I got them off Jamie and I've used it quite a bit, Great stuff and more than strong enough when diluted to remove general grime and light break dust, Fir everything else there's IX

So I've just picked up another 10 bottles of this in Morrisons. £4 each. I'm going to see if Halfords will match it and see if I can get a sneaky 342 deal as well.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I love your persistence with this product... Your local Halfords manager must hate you.

I still have 1 1/2 bottles left from what I bought off you.

Let me know if you start selling matey.

I'll start buying for you lot, but won't be posting pal. Too much effort. Happy to bring a load down to Ant's?

I love your persistence with this product... Your local Halfords manager must hate you.

I still have 1 1/2 bottles left from what I bought off you.

Andy, aye, well since it should be hella cheap, I almost buy it as an FU to Halfrauds in the future. Might as well buy it while Morrisons have it on the cheap. Just wish I'd made more of the Tesco/Halfords deal first time around and not had to fall through for Rob, Scrooge et al.

is morrisons still the best place to buy this? Need some for tomorrow, and halfords is selling it for a tenner a bottle!

Clio 182
I've recently been trying out some stuff called Viro-sol. About £7 for 5 litres, that you dilute 10:1, so will probably last a lifetime. It's pretty good stuff, it's cirtus based, so wont harm the alloy surface, and shifts muck and grime nicely. Still do a quick spray of Iron X though afterwards to get the iron deposits off.

I've recently been trying out some stuff called Viro-sol. About £7 for 5 litres, that you dilute 10:1, so will probably last a lifetime. It's pretty good stuff, it's cirtus based, so wont harm the alloy surface, and shifts muck and grime nicely. Still do a quick spray of Iron X though afterwards to get the iron deposits off.

At 1% dilution, it's pH 11. That's definitely not going to be good for your wheels. It looks like truck wash! But welcome to the forum all the same!

Clio 182
At 1% dilution, it's pH 11. That's definitely not going to be good for your wheels. It looks like truck wash! But welcome to the forum all the same!

True, it is quite a high Alkali based cleaner. But then to be effective on wheels it either needs to be high in acidity or alkalinity. If not, you may as well stick to PH neutral shampoo/snowfoam and a brush.

Used correctly and with a bit of common sense, I dont think it will do the wheels much harm. I wouldnt be rushing to use it weekly on a set of damaged alloys though, thats for sure.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome :D

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
May have to try this stuff out in the morning, find out what all the fuss is about.

True, it is quite a high Alkali based cleaner. But then to be effective on wheels it either needs to be high in acidity or alkalinity. If not, you may as well stick to PH neutral shampoo/snowfoam and a brush.

Used correctly and with a bit of common sense, I dont think it will do the wheels much harm. I wouldnt be rushing to use it weekly on a set of damaged alloys though, thats for sure.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome :D

That's the point, chap. Clean then properly, seal the wheels and then you'll need just that - warm soapy water.