ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A good wheel cleaner and arch cleaner/brush?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Evening folks!

The S1 is due a proper clean up i’ve not washed it since October maybe longer, i took the black bola wheels off as one needed repaired, they’re pretty caked in brake dust, can someone recommend something decent to tackle this?

Also looking for an arch cleaner and a brush that will agitate all the shite off?

Cheers!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Not these.

IMG_2601.jpeg

Big one snapped and little ones handle fell off. HTH.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Straight on as it comes no diluting. Let it dwell for a short period then agitate.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
The new Halfords advanced wheel cleaner is genuinely brilliant. Not sure who they have making it for them but its well worth a go.

For brushes I just use Emily's toothbrush and a few microfiber cloths.
How much is it bud?

Im usually a 'protect the wheels then use normal shampoo or fallout remover if really bad' kind of guy.

That said, 5 months of not washing the 140 has left the barrels of the wheels in a bit of a sorry state. Ive got some acid kicking about but id rather not use that if poss!

This is the best I've used.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S

This is the best I've used.
I've got one of those and found that it flicks bits all over me when cleaning the wheels, so I ended up getting one of these softer ones too

Meguiar's X1902EU​

71yT9c6FekL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've recently purchased bilt hamber auto wheels and a EZ brush and impressed.

I didnt think the brush looked much better than cheap ones but once used it really is good.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I've recently purchased bilt hamber auto wheels and a EZ brush and impressed.

I didnt think the brush looked much better than cheap ones but once used it really is good.

What size brush did you get? My callipers are close to the drum of the wheel so don’t want to get one that’s going to get stuck.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What size brush did you get? My callipers are close to the drum of the wheel so don’t want to get one that’s going to get stuck.

The biggest one but then on my car you struggle to get a credit card between the caliper and wheel so didnt make a difference.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

The EZ wheel is great. Soft enough to push through the spokes but not mark the wheels, hard enough to agitate and clean.

I just do all up to the calipers on all 4 wheels, then handbrake off and roll it forwards/backwards so the leftover unclean area is shown and get that last bit.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have a Vikan long handle brush for arches and use Surfex HD or Autosmart G101.

Wheel cleaner I use Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel.

This lot and the EZ wheel brush is a guaranteed winner. Maybe a cheap wash mitt for the faces. Gtechiq do one for around £13, but you can get cheaper versions that are basically the same.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Would I be making a mistake buying these instead of the EZ brush? They look virtually the same yet I can get these two for the price of one large EZ brush.

IMG_2741.jpeg