ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very cheap, very good Wheel cleaner!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
So, tescos price went up and now halfords have taken their price down to around £5/6!

The power of CS!!

Was 100% down to around 5/6 quid in my local halfords on tuesday, i was in the shop looking at it.

Interesting. I'll bob in tomorrow. £9.99 on 342 still brings it to £6.66 which isn't bad. Just had our hearts on 342 £1.73 thanks to damn Tesco!!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
If morrisons are 4 quid then its still possible to use the price matching service with halfords to get them there @ 4.

Stuff must cost pennies to make if tescos can sell it at 1.73 though.

If morrisons are 4 quid then its still possible to use the price matching service with halfords to get them there @ 4.

Stuff must cost pennies to make if tescos can sell it at 1.73 though.

Agreed - the 4@342 would bring it down to £2.60!

9u6u6uru.jpg

£4 in Morissons

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'll need to pick some up this week, JD. Cleaned her car and it took a full bottle to clean her wheels (3,800 miles on the clock ffs)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
JD, you still living in a flat?

your Mrs must love you filing any free space with 101 bottles of wheel cleaner and pre wash. My Mrs moans with it all in the shed

renault clio 1.2 16v
just bought a bottle ! did get a bit ripped off by the looks of things tho :( wilkos £7 mind you still cheap if it works well :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ive not tried this exact product, so is just a guess. But these types of products don't quite cut through grime and grease quite as well as say a typical wheel cleaner, but what it will do is remove the embedded iron fallout from brakes that billberry won't touch. All based on similar type products

JD, you still living in a flat?

your Mrs must love you filing any free space with 101 bottles of wheel cleaner and pre wash. My Mrs moans with it all in the shed

I am mate. But with it being my flat and having a shed, what I say goes!

Also, that doesn't mean you can't be a little creative with storage ;)

7e4ahese.jpg

+

sa6agyre.jpg

=

8ydypa3e.jpg

nevupaju.jpg

5ybu8ury.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL, usually people have garden tools hanging in their shed, not demon shine bottles haha.

​What do you use the demon shine for again? Spray detailer?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Flol at the amount if RDS in your shed, I'm yet to try it but if its good ill be grabbing a few more bottles.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member

Nah it's a pre wash spray, Same as AF Citrus Power.

Not having an outside hose I believe Jamie sprays the car with the RDS and then goes to his local jet wash to rinse leaving fairly decent results and its LSP safe iirc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's rapid dirt shifter mate

Yeah I know, but I doubt JD actually uses it clean his car like advertised though, I'd guess using it as a pre cleaner or something? Or just to finish off and remove water marks lol.

​Or I could just be talking s**t lol.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Not having an outside hose I believe Jamie sprays the car with the RDS and then goes to his local jet wash to rinse leaving fairly decent results and its LSP safe iirc.

Ahhh I see, makes sense lol.

Almost like a snow foam then but not actually snow foam lol, just to strip the dirt off as much as possible without touching the car.

FLOL, usually people have garden tools hanging in their shed, not demon shine bottles haha.

I have those too :eek:

Flol at the amount if RDS in your shed, I'm yet to try it but if its good ill be grabbing a few more bottles.

Seems to work at a much lower cost than AFCP.

I now have a hose, so will start washing properly again. But this serves well as a mid-point jet down. I tend to spray the car at the jet wash with RDS and the WWHW wheel cleaner, pay for the jet wash to give it time and let it work, then spray down. The jet wash leaves massive amounts of hard water spots, however, so now I just do it to keep on top of the dirt from the DS2500s. I give it a decent wash once every few months now, or if I want it immaculate.

Yeah I know, but I doubt JD actually uses it clean his car like advertised though, I'd guess using it as a pre cleaner or something? Or just to finish off and remove water marks lol.

​Or I could just be talking s**t lol.

Hi ;) x

Ahhh I see, makes sense lol.

Almost like a snow foam then but not actually snow foam lol, just to strip the dirt off as much as possible without touching the car.

Yeah, basically.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Used this stuff today, very impressed with it. Cost me almost a tenner from halfords though :( but got some other stuff on the 3for2 deal so not too bad