ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 v 1*2 ..?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Roffle. I've changed my opinion on the vee, since meeting roy. I've summarised them below FYI.

• If you slate the vee - Your a poof.
  • If you don't like the vee - You have no taste.
  • If you comment on the car having not owned or driven one - Your and a clueless poof with no taste.
  • If you been lucky enough to drive one around the block whilst driving slowly. This still does not give you the right to discuss the handling ...
Basically your a poof.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Just for fun, I thought I’d survey the V6 with some people from my work. As a lot of owners say people look at them, I was curious to find out the reason they looked.

The 10 people I asked are completely random – some are into cars, some are not. 8 replied within the timeframe - here’s what they thought…

What is your opinion on this car?

*Nice picture of V6 here*

“I absolutely love the V6 and if i had the money/able to afford insurance I would have one!”

“Boy racer machine!”

“It looks alright. Looks like a modded clio. I wouldn't buy it.”

“A bit too flashy for a clio, for me, If I had that amount of money to spend on a car I'd rather spend it on a bigger one that isn't modified.”

“it's still a clio...”

“Great looking wee car, goes like stink and I'm told the overall performance is good, though can be mad if you don't know what you are doing.” (He drives a 1.2!)

“LOL!”

“Do you get a Burberry cap with that? What is it?”

PMSL You just wrote them all yourself didn't you?!

Roffle. I've changed my opinion on the vee, since meeting roy. I've summarised them below FYI.

• If you slate the vee - Your a poof.
  • If you don't like the vee - You have no taste.
  • If you comment on the car having not owned or driven one - Your and a clueless poof with no taste.
  • If you been lucky enough to drive one around the block whilst driving slowly. This still does not give you the right to discuss the handling ...
Basically your a poof.

I have never discussed the handling or anything about the dynamics of the car. I just don't like them. They look s**t IMO and the fit of the body is terrible. IMO. Why is that opinion so hard to comprehend without insesently banging on about not having driven one?

Truly bizzare.

I for one would definately own one, just love the look of them! And tbh I wouldn't care about people saying its a 'bodykitted clio'... I just got a quick quote for just over £2000 a year for a ph2 V6, I only have 3 years no claims so I don't think thats too bad seeing as they are like a mini supercar!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I have never discussed the handling or anything about the dynamics of the car. I just don't like them. They look s**t IMO and the fit of the body is terrible. IMO. Why is that opinion so hard to comprehend without insesently banging on about not having driven one?

Truly bizzare.

Calm down ya big sausage!

I respect your opinion because "your very very special!" So you don't like the way it looks... Magic.

What gets on my tits is the folk who comment on aspects of the car which are right and wrong. Handling/pace/accel. etc... Clueless.

your still wrong tho, coz they look incredible.

"In my perfect ten car garage I would definitely have one of these – no question" Clarkson

"A Genuine Supercar experience in Minature"
Barker, John
Evo Magazine

"In this world of grey sameness, it's a refreshing injection of madness!" Richard Fiennes (Pistonheads)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Pmsl @ calm down. See my profile pic to get an idea of my expression when I posted ;)

PMSL. Seen that pic before. The RM w**k bank is pretty pityful tbh!

Roy, do you secretly want one? come on own up;)

PMSL i think this is closer to the truth.

TBH. The vee really needs another 100bhp! 255 is pathetic! That said i still prefer the handling of the Vee to the M. So much more feel.

PMSL at counting the replies. If you'd all put your egos away and realise not everyone loves your hypercar, it might have been over a bit sooner.

MCS R56
PMSL You just wrote them all yourself didn't you?!

You wish. The people have spoken.

So next time a whole town of people stop to look at the Vee, it's more than likely because it's gash! :rasp:

The only thing I like about the Vee is the sound and the rarity. After that, nah!

MCS R56
"In my perfect ten car garage I would definitely have one of these – no question" Clarkson - Jeremy Clarkson, enough said.

"A Genuine Supercar experience in Minature"
Barker, John
Evo Magazine - Experience. Not an actual Supercar.

"In this world of grey sameness, it's a refreshing injection of madness!" Richard Fiennes (Pistonheads)
- Madness. So the owners are...eh, mad?

^ just what I was thinking.
Folk say that the front of the phase 1 172 looks ace over the phase 2 car, yet when it comes to a mk1 vee (with the same headlights as the phase 1 172) folk don't like them :S

I like my car a lot, so sod the haters.

53 Clio's & counting
but I have a ph1 Vee......surely that has Top Trumped you lol.

Checkmate on me lol

^ just what I was thinking.
Folk say that the front of the phase 1 172 looks ace over the phase 2 car, yet when it comes to a mk1 vee (with the same headlights as the phase 1 172) folk don't like them :S

I like my car a lot, so sod the haters.

I think its only because the ph2 looks closer to a non RS than the ph1 did, meaning the the ph1 is easier to tell apart, and me myself i have to admit i usually have to stare for a sec to see if im looking at an RS or non RS.

BUT i really dunt understand why people like the ph2 Vee but dont like the ph1, as said they both look great

Clio V6 Mk2 255
Seems to me there is a risk of some people tarring all others who don't share their opinion with the same brush, which usually means that they do not themselves have an objective opinion and so there is a catch 22 ...

But more than likely it's just bating and banter ;-)

Opinions are just that and we are all entitled to our own and it doesn't really matter whether other people agree or not.

My opinion is that I like my Mk2 Vee but like the Mk1 Vee front end also. I like the Mk1 172 front end even more :)

The Vee isn't everyones cup of tea, I think it is slightly underpowered, requires a limited slip diff but I love it none the less. I don't really feel comfortable with all the attention it gets, that is not why I bought it, but it looks very different and reminds me of group B rally cars, especially the 6r4 which I have a fondness for. When you really take a step back and consider what it is you can appreciate it more whether you like it or not ... A small hatchback engineered by a major manufacturer with a pedigree for making innovitive cars and with a modestly powered 3 litre V6 engine in the back and a purpose designed and functional body kit to complement it's specification and configuration.

Yes we can all take that for granted, like it or not, it is pretty unique and fun to drive and that is why many of us own them. In this day of bland german touring cars, japanese electronic turbo'd wizardry and neutral 'hot hatches' the Vee is a modern classic and refreshing deviation from the mainstream - like some other Renaults which many of us enjoy.

The Vee is also a very engaging car to drive on many levels. Front wheel drive cars are notoriously 'safe' to drive, they are designed that way and it is no surprise that most 'hot hatches' are also FWD. With lots of power they are hard cars to beat cause you can enter corners at silly speeds and scrub that speed off with understeer and feather the throttle with little or no risk of losing control. If you have an LSD (like the Megane) you are even safer and able to corner at higher speeds. Driven properly however, a high powered RWD car is the better configuration but they require more skill as the oversteer is more difficult to control for Mr Average - worse if you have a short wheelbase and poor steering lock, like the Vee. Which ironically makes it more fun for those of us who don't always like 'safe'.

Martin

Last edited:
  V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Very nice Martin.. I think you've put that over very well.

V6's are still likely to get slated by those that just dont like them, and who take great pleasure in just slagging them off, thats their perogative and opinion.

In reply to those that think Vee owners drive around in rose tinted spectacles, thinking they're driving the best thing since sliced bread.. we do. lol. I'm joking.. sure the V6 isn't to everyones taste. So what!!

Like it or not... It was destined to be an iconic classic, as soon as it left the drawing board, and I'm very proud to be the owner of such a special car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
This was an epic moment. 6months in the carcoon and the first turn of the key! :approve: Still love her.

ALIVE.jpg

Clio V6
Any thread that lasts this long and involves the Vee usually is. I wonder why?!?!

As someone who's lived on both sides of the fence I feel quite well positioned to comment so here's my 10p worth:

As a Vee owner I loved the experience of driving them, the drama, the noise and the reaction the car drew was increadible and I always felt like a million dollars whenever I was behind the wheel. I did however feel like I was driving around in a valuable piece of china and was always terrified of clipping a kerb or suffering a breakdown (parts are about 6 times more expensive than a standard Clio). Also, things that most users take for granted (giving your mates a lift, parking and moving out the way of emergency vehicles) became impossible in the vee and I don't miss that aspect at all.

The thing I will treasure the most though is the brilliant attitude to life that many of the owners have. If you meet a vee owner, chances are they will be an interesting person. The former owner of my car, Dan, was a fine example.

As a 182 owner I love the handling and practicality, especially being able to park it anywhere I want, having five seats and a good sized boot. I do however feel like just another face in the crowd but my clever head keeps telling me I have done the right thing in "downgrading". I've saved a fortune and that money is going on other things that make me happy like going to football matches and holidays etc.

So which is best? The answer is obvious, get both. Sadly, that is unlikely to happen for most of us but I'm 100% proud of my time as a vee owner and wouldn't swap the memories for anything.

Last edited: