ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 v 1*2 ..?

Italian 3.2 V6
once rolling etc is there much difference between the 2 performance wise? is the v6 much quicker compared to a 1*2?

cheers, piers.

Italian 3.2 V6
lol... but really? is it? mi guessing strsaight line yes its quicker, but corners its no better than 1*2s?

Last edited by a moderator:
V6
1335 kg
230 bhp
=175.05bhp per ton

1035 kg
172 bhp
=168.85bhp per ton

According to parkers.

I would say it would be mainly down to the driver,and wether the car is putting out its book figures, as 172bhp is actually 172ps. But they sometimes are as low as 160bhp maybe?

Etc etc

300 kg heavier makes it not that much quicker even with the extra power, however it is slightly faster.

Cornering Clio 172/182 would be better as you need quite a bit of skill for fast cornering in a V6, mainly as its a short car with all the weight in the middle - makes a great pivot point for spinning.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Nothing in it, and thats from a v6 owner .

V6's are purely posing wagons :)

Trophy #490
A v6 is a heroes car! A Phase 2 in any colour looks absolutely brilliant. I love my Trophy to pieces but I think it'll have to go when the right v6 comes along and when the insurance companies quote me less than 3k! Being young FTL. :dapprove:

You don't buy a V6 for speed, you buy it for what it is, the rarity of it and the attention it gets.

2001 172
I imagine they're a bit more driveable? and the powers more useable?

Not having to drive everywhere like your hairs on fire would be nice sometimes........... :(

Clio v6
To appreciate the v6 you really need to do more than look at one or sit in the passenger seat for 5 minutes. All the words written on forums or magazines cannot truly describe the whole v6 exprience.

One major difference is that it doesn't require an * ;)

Family Bus
1*2's are quicker of the mark in 1st...but then it's V6 dusting time lol.

Worth their money for the 'OMG' factor, and the unique aspect of them.

Renaultsport 200
I would like to think that say, on a runway and v6 would show up a 1*2.

Anyway, like said above it has (probably) got plenty more usable power. Prod the throttle peddle and from somewhere it summons up some power and f*cks off.

In a 1*2 you have to rummage around in the gearbox and drive like a rat is biting your testicles.

Golf 7R
Not a lot in it tbh. Difference is the Vee owner will quite happily not give a s**t, as he/she will be safe in the knowledge that they're driving something pretty epic!