ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 v 1*2 ..?

clio 182
Stick a ly VEE next to a ferrari and 9 times out of 10 the VEE will get a the attention!

pure FAT sex

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Stick a ly VEE next to a ferrari and 9 times out of 10 the VEE will get a the attention!

pure FAT sex

PMSL! Eh No...I'll have the rarri thanx

Yours is a phase 2 though, right? At least they're quick. Bound to get more respect than the ditch-finder?

Dunno...never driven one. As i mentioned i can't see them being all that different in pace.
Being brutally honest...The Vee is s**t slow compared to other cars. But that doesn't bother me.

Clio v6
Again I will support the MK 1 handling. My MK 1 stuck to the road perfectly even at high speeds and never felt twitchy. I prefer the toys in the MK 2 but just miss the secure feeling when driving the MK 1.

I went to the bother of putting coilovers on my MK 2 and it made no difference whatsoever. I've heard coilovers completely transform a MK 1?

Last edited:
  Italian 3.2 V6
I suppose the only way to find out Which ones best is to drive both of them tbh, if I prefer the ph1 then I suppose it will work out cheaper also! Then I can spend some money on some light weight bucket seats and lightweight wheels :)

What sort of price would I expect to pay for a mint ph1? Is there any known floors to look out for?

Also INS... Is the ph1 much cheaper over the ph2?

If so the ph1 might be the only one I can afford tbh,...

Cheers, Piers!

MCS R56
What do Vee owners buy after their supercar experience has ended? Surely, there ain't much that can fill the Vee's boots, so to speak, other than proper supercars?

Also, it would appear that a lot of Vee owners have another car. Why is that?

in my experience, they are pretty much identical to insure. maybe the value of a low mileage mk2 would make the policy higher...but they are both group 20.

theres not many options for lightweight wheels though!!

mint mk1 http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1004459.htm

look out for cat-d/cat-c, do not buy without doing HPI check.

do not buy one that does not have proof of cambelt change unless your getting a steal as its blooming expensive.

known flaws... standard exhaust rusts, stone chipped front bumper, missing rubber splitter, worn stearing wheel, worn seats and inner door grabs...nothing that really matters. alot of ph1's have hot starting issues due to fuel evaporation. they will always start after 4-5 seconds though. and all the gearboxes are noisey, its just the way it is,

any black smoke out the back is not good.

apart from that, just look for bodywork damage, proof of service history and make sure nothings missing from the car as even something like a wheel arch liner costs £300.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
What do Vee owners buy after their supercar experience has ended? Surely, there ain't much that can fill the Vee's boots, so to speak, other than proper supercars?

^ Your seriously barking up the wrong tree gaz. Gi it a rest.

Limiting mileage is one damn good reason, praticality of it. MPG for some...Use a bit of common sense before posting!

Clio V6

A common move to / from the vee is something like a Lotus Elise.

You need another car as they are totally impractical for everyday use.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
we have almost reached a post per Each screaming horse in the Vee.....lets keep going to 255........and we have made it lol.

Glad it didn't stop 3 days ago at 1*2.....it would been too short....for some

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ive had 2mk1 's & 2 mk2 's- All 4 were daily drives-

I must admit I noticed what felt like a big improvement in performance moving up to the mk2 as well as the bodywork moulding & general build quality of the car to be considerably better than the Mk1 one-

Not much to add- Buy a mk2 - you will always feel like the poor relation at a wedding with a mk1-

Best colours- LY, BG -
Avoid AY, LG -

Steve

MCS R56
^ Your seriously barking up the wrong tree gaz. Gi it a rest.

Limiting mileage is one damn good reason, praticality of it. MPG for some...Use a bit of common sense before posting!

It was an honest question, so dry your eyes. I was just keen to know what Vee owners moved to; whether they'd had their fun or moved to something bigger/better etc...

I'll post whatever I want, thanks.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
not so much the poor relation but the original gangster No1

Acid Yellow or Lunar Grey.....or are you pulling ones Cylinder...?( still got 5 spare if you are lol)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It was an honest question, so dry your eyes. I was just keen to know what Vee owners moved to; whether they'd had their fun or moved to something bigger/better etc...

I'll post whatever I want, thanks.

LOL. s**te, it was an honest question. You were just stirring.

Here's ma johnson, sook it & zip it! Your patters pisch!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^^^^ or the original gangster No1

Acid Yellow or Lunar Grey.....or are you pulling ones Cylinder...?( still got 5 spare if you are lol)

Roffle!

oops. Just didn't connect the dots... I agree, don't like either colour.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lol. no no. Read above i think us "vee/supercar/hypercar" owners have been quite diligent in answering your pointless reoccurring drivel.

MCS R56
Lol. no no. Read above i think us "vee/supercar/hypercar" owners have been quite diligent in answering your pointless reoccurring drivel.

Pointless? Why you replying then?

I try to show an interest in your car and you take it the wrong way. Figures. Don't worry, no more will be asked/commented under this subject.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

pure FAT sex

PMSL
I remember on one of the 1st Hyundai coupe adds (the really ugly one!) they said "in a survey 9 out of 10 people preferred the look of it over a Ferrari"
Think you must be thinking of the same muppets lol.

Italian 3.2 V6
LOL at some of the posts!

But big thanks to all the posts which have been greatly helpfull!! :D :D

LY Ftw I think, wouldn't mind a FR, IB or BG one tho!!

Now come on... Let's see some Vees'!we have discussed loads about them but hardly had any pics! Let's see yours! Post away!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
nicooo_1124215742_accident_clio_v6.jpg

Italian 3.2 V6
LOL at some of the posts!

But big thanks to all the posts which have been greatly helpfull!! :D :D

LY Ftw I think, wouldn't mind a FR, IB or BG one tho!!

Now come on... Let's see some Vees'!we have discussed loads about them but hardly had any pics! Let's see yours! Post away!!!

epic fail of a post lol.... no picys :( :(

Clio RS ph1
Recently I asked myself the same question. I was driving in my ph1 172 when a ph1 V6 showed up in my rearviewmirror. After a few km we entered the highway and after the road was clear of trafic in front of us we went for is. Starting in 3th gear at about 80km/h.

At almost 200 km/h the V6 still didn`t manage to get past me. So obviously they aren`t that much faster:rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
DId he look cooler tho! Me thinks so! :approve: Not all about power mate. My daily runner is comfier/faster/quicker but on a nice day i'd drive the vee by choice!!! :approve: