ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 v 1*2 ..?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I dont know why we all dont just buy a 330ci and a "Tin o' beans"... they're clearly the best things going. ;)

Right in order to save people the time typing I've compiled some of the best anti V6 quotes...Enjoy!

"I personally think the V6 looks 'pisch'. Yeah, unbelievable that not everyone likes the mighty Vee. I probably just don't get it though"

"V6. Bodykitted clio with big engine, in the wrong end, too high up."

"You crazy fool. It's a Clio with a body kit max power boy."

"the vee is fat and slow. just like its owners "

"The last time I seen a Vee with my gf she said it was a chavved up clio with bodykit"

"A Carrera GT is a supercar. A Zonda is a supercar. A Ferrari Enzo is a supercar. A Renualt Clio is not a supercar"

"LY is not everyones cup of tea but good luck to the seller anyway & That's, err, very optimistic - by about £6k I reckon"

MCS R56
Right in order to save people the time typing I've compiled some of the best anti V6 quotes...Enjoy!

"I personally think the V6 looks 'pisch'. Yeah, unbelievable that not everyone likes the mighty Vee. I probably just don't get it though"

"V6. Bodykitted clio with big engine, in the wrong end, too high up."

"You crazy fool. It's a Clio with a body kit max power boy."

"the vee is fat and slow. just like its owners "

"The last time I seen a Vee with my gf she said it was a chavved up clio with bodykit"

"A Carrera GT is a supercar. A Zonda is a supercar. A Ferrari Enzo is a supercar. A Renualt Clio is not a supercar"

"LY is not everyones cup of tea but good luck to the seller anyway & That's, err, very optimistic - by about £6k I reckon"

Probably about right. Anyone not into cars will laugh at them. People who are into cars will love them or hate them. There is, however, nothing to 'get' about them. Clio with 2 seats, lots of kit and a large engine. If that's what you like, fair enough. If that is not for you, fair enough. Personally, I love them!

(for their comedy value!):rasp:

I personally think the V6 looks 'pisch'. Yeah, unbelievable that not everyone likes the mighty Vee. I probably just don't get it though :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Have you been in one...Even the hater of all things in life "Andy" Appreciates them now.

You may hate the visuals. But the persona and noise more than makes up for it.

Italian 3.2 V6
You only 3hrs from my door step. If your up this neck of the woods give me a shout and i'll give you a shot. You need to build your own perception of the car. Ignore everyone that has no experience of them.

Some love them. Myself inc.
Some hate them...It's there opinion. You have to accept that they are insignificant and tasteless.

Wow... Seriously!? ...That is Kind of u, I would love that m8, will defo keep u in mind if I am :) again thanks! ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
No probs! Most people that drive it say it's nothing like what they'd heard or expected! I couldn't agree more, first time i drove it, i commented on the grip levels! Way more than my previous 172/williiams.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I personally think the V6 looks 'pisch'. Yeah, unbelievable that not everyone likes the mighty Vee. I probably just don't get it though :rolleyes:

As many have said before.. not unbelievable at all that not everyone likes them. The V6 is far too 'different' for most to like them. I dont like BMW's generally but that doesn't mean I dont respect the marque and the German build quality etc, great cars.. just not for me. As for Tins o'beans.. love 'em.. but give me shocking flatulance which is almost as welcome as your continued bitterness towards Clio V6's which IS unbelievable... lol ;)

As many have said before.. not unbelievable at all that not everyone likes them. The V6 is far too 'different' for most to like them. I dont like BMW's generally but that doesn't mean I dont respect the marque and the German build quality etc, great cars.. just not for me. As for Tins o'beans.. love 'em.. but give me shocking flatulance which is almost as welcome as your continued bitterness towards Clio V6's which IS unbelievable... lol ;)

I fear you may have missed the whole point of that post :D

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showpost.php?p=5325965&postcount=206

EDIT: BTW there is no bitterness. I just enjoy roffling at the V6 high rollers jumping up and down and shoving their opinion down the throat of anyone who doesn't like the Vee. Usually with accusations of idiocy, financial difficulties etc.

Last edited:
  ST
Failing to care.

The V6 IS the better car, in terms of straight line speed, road presence, and 'occasion'.

Even being a passenger in one is an experience, two of my best mates have two of the best on the forum (Ali & Big Iain), you go anywhere in either car and people literally do stop and stare.

172/182's really are becoming yesterdays hot-hatch due to a number of factors, they are cheap to buy now so every cnut and their dog has one whereas the V6 is a future classic.

Burgandy 174 sport t
Failing to care.

The V6 IS the better car, in terms of straight line speed, road presence, and 'occasion'.

Even being a passenger in one is an experience, two of my best mates have two of the best on the forum (Ali & Big Iain), you go anywhere in either car and people literally do stop and stare.

172/182's really are becoming yesterdays hot-hatch due to a number of factors, they are cheap to buy now so every cnut and their dog has one whereas the V6 is a future classic.

I even let him clean it for me!!!

There not becomin chav wagons... they are.

Yeah you're probably right :D

I don't care though. I'm not comparing the V6 to a 182 and have not done. I just don't like the cnuts, and whenever that opinion is voiced, out come the same old ultra-defensive lines as though it's all a pissing contest about who gets looked at the most, or who has the bestest car. It's comedy, and we're all guilty of it because we're all still banging on about it :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I don't get involved any more. I've realised the errors of my ways!

It is a hyper car. I do love it...I do love you. AMEN. Ali Robertson Chapter 1 verse 1, Savage testament.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The Vee is also a very engaging car to drive on many levels. Front wheel drive cars are notoriously 'safe' to drive, they are designed that way and it is no surprise that most 'hot hatches' are also FWD. With lots of power they are hard cars to beat cause you can enter corners at silly speeds and scrub that speed off with understeer and feather the throttle with little or no risk of losing control. If you have an LSD (like the Megane) you are even safer and able to corner at higher speeds. Driven properly however, a high powered RWD car is the better configuration but they require more skill as the oversteer is more difficult to control for Mr Average - worse if you have a short wheelbase and poor steering lock, like the Vee. Which ironically makes it more fun for those of us who don't always like 'safe'.

Not true imo.

If I were 10 years older with a wife and kids' safety to think about, I wouldn't put them in a car with RWD and a LSD (without decent stability control) because they can catch you out. You're safer without a LSD because it will spin one wheel before spinning the car. As soon as a wheel is spinning on a car with a LSD, both wheels are spinning and the cars angle is changing.

Being able to corner faster is also debatable.

Re: V6s.

I think that's one of the only hatchbacks I'd own. I actually quite fancy one, maybe next year or so.. Maybe this year if I financed it? Tempting as it would be a nice motorway poser/cruiser/occasion car. What are we talking about for a decent blue or yellow one? £12k?

MCS R56
Not true imo.

If I were 10 years older with a wife and kids' safety to think about, I wouldn't put them in a car with RWD and a LSD (without decent stability control) because they can catch you out. You're safer without a LSD because it will spin one wheel before spinning the car. As soon as a wheel is spinning on a car with a LSD, both wheels are spinning and the cars angle is changing.

I think that's one of the only hatchbacks I'd own. I actually quite fancy one, maybe next year or so.. Maybe this year if I financed it? Tempting as it would be a nice motorway poser/cruiser/occasion car. What are we talking about for a decent blue or yellow one? £12k?

You'll turn into as c0ck! Don't do it!

Italian 3.2 V6
Not true imo.

Yea think so although Liquid yellow ones will prob be abit more as would other rare colours.. I'd buy a illiad blue ph2 as they can be bought at a decent price, will get a rare colour if the right deal comes along but can't b to picky I just want a sexy vee!!! LOL

Clio V6 Mk2 255
Not true imo.

Sorry my original post was meant to read as my opinion is that FWD with LSD being safer and faster cornering than FWD with no LSD (using the Megane as an example) I also qualify this is 'factory fitted LSD' ...

Yes RWD - in many ways with or without LSD, is a different kettle of fish in terms of driving and ability to drive vs engagement. For most things, fun tends to not be safe - the way of the world that eh ?!!

12k for a Ph2 in Blue - possible, probably not in yellow ...

Anyway generally I do find this whole thread interesting ... I think also that some posters, in both camps, are a bit serious and polarised about whatever the debate is turning into ... Not all of us with Vees, or any other car, are obsessed that we own the 'best' car or somehow have a supreme opinion or are better than anyone else. It's just choice and preference really at the end of the day ...

Hey - good job we don't all live back in the early part of the 20th Century when, if we could have affored it, we would all have been driving round in a Black Model T ford ... Hey but probably feeling like a million dollars though, shooting the breeze, cranking the engine over, people with flags walking in front ...

Martin

Renault Sport Clio 172
Raced a v6 in my previous 182 and there was nothing it in and that was on a straight dual carridgeway.

i once was casually crusing down a straight dual carriage way in 6th and there was a 182 screaming its nuts off in 3rd gear behind me.

;-)

^^Is your V6 standard? I thought the original model was pretty much the same performance as a 182 up to 100mph or so? Lots of variables of course, but unless yours is modded, that just sounds like a load of hot air to me :)

When ever I see 172/182 owners around, I clock their car and they clock mine, then they turn their head away so fast it's a wonder how they don't snap their neck:S I don't even get to nod to them etc, miserable sods.

I do get a few liking my bodykit though lol.

^^Is your V6 standard? I thought the original model was pretty much the same performance as a 182 up to 100mph or so? Lots of variables of course, but unless yours is modded, that just sounds like a load of hot air to me :)

lol, i was purely on the wind up. hence the wink!!

when my vee was standard it would reel in and overtake a 182 without needing to change down a gear. however i would say there wasnt a huge amount in it.

they have a different sensation of speed though. the vees have so much more grip and miles less understeer.

i like both cars, but LOVE vees!

Italian 3.2 V6
What's the only bad point about the ph1 compared to the ph2? Is it just not as good handling? Or is straight line performance not as quick as the ph2? I do like the ph1s but when comes To buying one, I wouldn't know if It Money would be safer buying a ph2 over a ph1?

Italian 3.2 V6
When ever I see 172/182 owners around, I clock their car and they clock mine, then they turn their head away so fast it's a wonder how they don't snap their neck:S I don't even get to nod to them etc, miserable sods.

I do get a few liking my bodykit though lol.

I wouldn't I'd wave!! I think it's just due to the intimidating (<silly spelling) factor that's all :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i can catch a 172/williams etc fairly easily. Not in the same margin's as say the BM but it's defo quicker and faster. Around the bends, well there's only so fast you can go in any car.

craig - i get lots of nods from other RS owners?! Bizarrely enough.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
What's the only bad point about the ph1 compared to the ph2? Is it just not as good handling? Or is straight line performance not as quick as the ph2? I do like the ph1s but when comes To buying one, I wouldn't know if It Money would be safer buying a ph2 over a ph1?

I'd like a shot of a ph1...to see the difference. Don't see it being much different tbh.

:S.......... doubt there's much in it pace wise either it's only 20odd brake!! and the mk2 is heavier.

theres not "bad points" as such.

the ph2 is just a more complete car, the ph1 is rawer and feels like its still in development stage.

the ph2 has a better gearbox, much nicer interior and more gadgets.

it has about 20-25bhp more than a mk1 (they are both down on book figures though) it is also approx 60kg heavier. so performance wise they are extremely similar.

ph2 vee's are more stable and the subframe and suspension revisions do improve things.

if you can justify the extra cash, id say get a ph2 mainly for the gearbox and interior. but you wouldnt be any less proud/happy with a mk1....

its basically like picking a ph1 or ph2 172, ones newer and nicer interior. ones a bit more old skool, but they are basically the same car.