ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRACK TROPHY 381 – PROGRESS TO DATE

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well a little update today........... found one photo of it on track, still not a 100% convinced by the track decals...... in no rush right now to remove them though!

IMG-20160513-WA0008.jpg

Anyway......... brake discs do seem to be warped, so new ones on order for delivery tomorrow. Opted to go for the HC Max disc this time so I'll see if they last a little longer, twice the price of the standard HC so hopefully I get some benefit! Couldn't really justify the £130 for the HC Xtra drilled discs, although they may have been the best option for the problem. Oh and these have arrived to help me direct the air flow to help keep thins cool (they are massive though!)

WP_20160517_008.jpg

Not looking forward to butchering the front bumper but I think the trophy is kinda past ever being back on the road so may as well crack on 🙈 it should give it that more race car look as well. think I'll stick to the black colour, as subtle is maybe best with these :smile:.

fingers crossed the weather goes to plan on Friday, if so and there's space we're planning for a 2 hour open night at Knockhill!

More to come.........

182 arctic
oh b*llocks.. ive only just gone and removed the fog lights and inner wheel arch.. thought about making up some ductwork... then looked at your thread and went... "well his arnt ducted, so if its good enough for him its good enough for me" then you go and get these...

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
oh b*llocks.. ive only just gone and removed the fog lights and inner wheel arch.. thought about making up some ductwork... then looked at your thread and went... "well his arnt ducted, so if its good enough for him its good enough for me" then you go and get these...
LOL Andy. to be fair, the fogs removed seem to work fine. I had no issues in 3 years with discs warping when I ran Ferodo & CL RC6 pads, the RC8's just seem to be too harsh. It'll be the pads wearing the discs quicker, they're sintered (metallic based) and are quite harsh on discs so im not sure that these will help any. I was right place right time for a deal...... might have been easier to run the Ferodo DS1.11 as the are seemingly kinder on discs :wink:.......

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Where did you get them from? Let us know if they fit ok, some seem to be better than others!
They are the CM Composite ones mate. They do actually look quite good quality. the satin black look helps the as well. I'll be giving it a good bit of thought before I install them (if I do) as I hade cutting bits of the Clio up, even though its track its still got to be right

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
More brake upgrades arrived today.....

Looks like weather is going to be crap for Friday so I'll spend the weekend hopefully fitting these and the ducts :)
WP_20160518_001.jpg

182 arctic
LOL Andy. to be fair, the fogs removed seem to work fine. I had no issues in 3 years with discs warping when I ran Ferodo & CL RC6 pads, the RC8's just seem to be too harsh. It'll be the pads wearing the discs quicker, they're sintered (metallic based) and are quite harsh on discs so im not sure that these will help any. I was right place right time for a deal...... might have been easier to run the Ferodo DS1.11 as the are seemingly kinder on discs :wink:.......
or perhaps your getting faster and therefore heavier on the brakes nailing those laps :smile:

182 arctic
that looks great, kinda moving over to race car look.. also kinda cool the quick release bumper... is it just the x 2 top grill mounts.. and the two side mounts to take it off and put back on again? i did read the thread where you added them but couldn't work out how many other fixings you have to use...

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
that looks great, kinda moving over to race car look.. also kinda cool the quick release bumper... is it just the x 2 top grill mounts.. and the two side mounts to take it off and put back on again? i did read the thread where you added them but couldn't work out how many other fixings you have to use...
Hi Andy, yeah the top 2 in the grill mate, these are just push in plastic plugs which remove very quickly and then pop the two on the sides and lift off. Two minutes if that and its off :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well that's the ducts completed, will look at the defector plates at the weekend, they are huge!!

Had thought of painting the ducts silver, but I'm liking the subtlety of the satin black :)........ More exiting upgrades to follow soon. The addiction continues ;)

WP_20160525_003.jpg

Well that's the ducts completed, will look at the defector plates at the weekend, they are huge!!

Had thought of painting the ducts silver, but I'm liking the subtlety of the satin black :)........ More exiting upgrades to follow soon. The addiction continues ;)

View attachment 156451
Yep deflector plates are huge, havent fitted mine yet but already started cutting them down!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Keep them black. It's the ONLY colour that will/does look good IMO.

I always thought these looked the nuts, even if just taking your fogs out does the same thing :wink: :cool:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Keep them black. It's the ONLY colour that will/does look good IMO.

I always thought these looked the nuts, even if just taking your fogs out does the same thing :wink: :cool:

Ha, yep cant argue with that at all Mark. Actually thought the car looked perfect with fogs out and was really worried these looked roo much, but I'm hoping it pulls it off.... Purchases like that are a complete waste of cash mate and generally happen when I'm bored sitting with the iPad!!

Anyway cant go back now as it has no way of fitting the fogs back in other than a lot of sticky tape :)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Yep deflector plates are huge, havent fitted mine yet but already started cutting them down!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'll have a look Saturday and figure out mounting / size / what they conflict with.... Lol, they are that big id worry they act as an air brake, couldn't believe it when they arrived !

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well another update...... Started off tonight thinking I would fit the deflector plates, but that seemed like it would be better done at the weekend!

So as I was at a loose end I fitted these instead........ :)

WP_20160526_008.jpg
WP_20160526_013.jpg
WP_20160526_014.jpg

Have also switched to the ds1.11s so hoping they perform as well as the RC6 & 8s have....? Assuming it will be kinda hard to tell as the whole set up will feel a little different!

Cant wait to find out :)

More to follow......

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well a little update.... Nothing more on the modification front, but we have managed two track nights since the brake modifications and it does feel good, unfortunately we couldn't get to try out the real stoping power of the Brembos or the DS 1.11s as surprise surprise it was wet..... Times suffered a lot due to the wet and the learning curve! But the peddle does feel good and the think there is a lot to be had from her...... I also need to set rid of the dreadful T1r tyres which give absolutely no feeling in the wet !! Anyway a few snaps of Thursday night, with the numbering removed as I like the the cleaner (more subtle lol) look :smile:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

Next outing is the 3rd July so hopefully we will have a dry day and can get pushing on!!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
That is a tight squeeze between calliper and wheel. Cars looking good.
Yeah it looks worse than it is. I still have the balance weights on the inside and it clears so all good..... And if nothing else it looks pretty :up:

TT QS
i love this thread. i always end up sitting having a good read at any updates. the car is a real credit to you!

did you ever fit the defelectors? ive got some to fit to mine but not got round to it yet. if youve got a picture that would be great too

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
i love this thread. i always end up sitting having a good read at any updates. the car is a real credit to you!

did you ever fit the defelectors? ive got some to fit to mine but not got round to it yet. if youve got a picture that would be great too
Thanks mate, she's a creation of passion and addiction now..... I never actually got around to fitting the deflectors yet. We had an absolute nightmare bleeding the brakes up after the brembo install, God knows how but we managed to get massive air trapped in the abs pump and after a lot of swearing and re bleeding got her back to 100%, unfortunately that took up all the time befor the upcoming two track days and with the weather being so crap this last week just never got round to it.

She will be going on the stands today for a complete check over and assessment of pad wear so I'll possible have a look at mounting and adapting today and get a few snaps for you when they are on..........

More to follow

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well after a check over underneath today all seems good, brakes are performing well and the DS 1.11s are hardly wearing yet seem to be performing well. Really need to get a good dry all day sessions event to see how they perform under abuse and in the heat!! Must say I'm impressed thus far and the dust washes off the wheels no problem at all and doesn't eat them like the CLs do........

Anyway after a wash n detail I have got the thoughts of selling her well and truly out of my mind..... Love how a Clio looks :hearteyes:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Guess I am just getting p'd off with all the wet weather this year! Anyway loaded up and ready for the 3rd July outing, hopefully just the semi slicks to put on as I'm sure July will be dry???

Had a good lol at the brake deflectors today and just think they are way too large, so I'm getting something different fabricated to avoid the brake flexi and hopefully keep everything cool :up:🔨:car:

Trophy
Spent the last few days reading this. What a stunning Trophy, absolutely love what you have done, especially your attention to detail. Looking forward to '381' exploits this season.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good Craig what event is on the 3rd ? I need a dry day to decided what way to go with the Fez .

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Looks good Craig what event is on the 3rd ? I need a dry day to decided what way to go with the Fez .
Unfortunately a sessions day Neil, so really hoping for dry day too..... I don't mind them in the dry, they are actually good fun, but the wet is just too risky !

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Had a spare hour tonight so I started to fit the cup racer air ducts...... There is just something wrong about cutting up a perfectly good bumper :'( but I think its turned out ok ( well this half has anyway fingers crossed doe the other side!

View attachment 156263 View attachment 156264

How good is the fitment in and around the fog light hole on these? the original cup racer ones were terrible fitting, never bothered to fit them again.

Car looks great mate.

Wouldn't be worried about things like the bumper/bonnet for aero catches. They're only standard mk2 items in a different colour after all. If you wanted to revert back to road spec it wouldn't be so hard, just cost a few bob.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
How good is the fitment in and around the fog light hole on these? the original cup racer ones were terrible fitting, never bothered to fit them again.
They weren't a great fit to start with mate. I filed them down and spent ages getting them to line up. After that I have black flexible sealer, so a very fine bead along the top just to hide the little daylight gap at the top..... Didn't need it but I just like things neat :smile:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Car looks great mate.

Wouldn't be worried about things like the bumper/bonnet for aero catches. They're only standard mk2 items in a different colour after all. If you wanted to revert back to road spec it wouldn't be so hard, just cost a few bob.
Thanks mate.

Yeah your right. It's working out ok though. The plan for external modification was to be subtle but in your face at the same time, so I'm happy with it.

re the panels that was my thought at the end of the day too, that all bits can be replaced if required, but I think 381 will always be track now, although it is still MOTd and road legal (ish)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well interesting weekend for the Trophy! Saturday track day, hour and a half and it was back on the trailer. Either a wheel bearing or n/s drive shaft bearings away do no risking explosion and new shaft and bearings will be ordered tomorrow, east of track money but possibly a bigger saving in the long run:up:

Then of to the Scottish car show today with her...., CS stand had to be on of the best organised and laid out there today with a great turn out. Weather held out all day and good spirits by all:smile:.

A few pics below of the clios, I missed the blue section out somehow (sorry guys)!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Oh and one of my mate cossie in my drive just because it absolutely fu@king amazing!!

image.jpg

And also one is like to sit in my garage next to the repsol Fire blade just because they would be a matching pair lol 🙈

image.jpeg

Any way good day had by all and hope to catch up with more if you at the next track night

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well I was going to compliment you on just how good your car is but you missed mine out so f**k you ;)

Its a stunning example mate, the workmanship and attention to detail is top notch. Often cars dont live up to their photos but yours does and then some.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well I was going to compliment you on just how good your car is but you missed mine out so f**k you :wink:

Its a stunning example mate, the workmanship and attention to detail is top notch. Often cars dont live up to their photos but yours does and then some.

FLOL - cheers mate, I actually noticed yours when I came in as I said to Fraser is that Johns RB (OZ's make it stand out) but I couldn't find you until we were closing up shop and I saw your RB cocking its rear wheel at the banking and you with the camera in hand :smile: to be fair it does make an appearance (distant one) in the first photo 🙈

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye, needed something to do to kill time whilst the queues went down, saw the hill and thought why not!

Glad you think it stands out with the wheels, I went to the wrong car at one point during the day!