ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanium Ph1 172

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The powerflex mod is craps. Mine went within weeks. These are strong tubes that will take the weight and you can either cable tie them in or sealant them in.

We did it for Ricardos 182. Maybe he can grab a pic for you.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Ah awesome, picture would be great and I may just give it a go :)

It's not a bad mod but can be improved on, the tubes on mine were held in place with zip ties. Although what does let it down is the original rubber splitting which has made the tailpipes move slightly out of centre. I reckon the sealant with the tubes would be a better solution than zip ties. I've fitted the new coilovers and springs tonight so tomorrow while I'm taking a couple of pics of the rear coilover setup I'll take some of the hangers with the tubes.

Audi A5
I used some old sockets with zip ties on my 182 and it never moved again.

Not so much of an issue for yours anyway as you've got a stealth.

I used some old sockets with zip ties on my 182 and it never moved again.

Not so much of an issue for yours anyway as you've got a stealth.

Not very stealth at the moment though dude, i can pretty much see the whole backbox from behind the car now and im pretty sure its hanging so low its causing it to blow at the join between the manifold and cat :(

Audi A5
Lol yeah I suppose if you used some sockets for your exhaust you wouldn't have any left!

Ill have a look for you.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Are the exhaust sleeves and back box brace tight? Mine wasn't and I managed to twist the exhaust round so it was more stealth, then retightened all clamps and the brace.

So this is what my rear exhaust mount now looks like :( Bobby.Dr Jekyll

14982050975_ee063d913f_z.jpg

Mate! tell me about it!

Still on the top of the to list, barely driven it this month, buckled another wheel. even though its been well over a year since i said i need the belts done its still running well. bar the suspension needs a refresh and wheels.

Hopefully have it all sorted soon though

So this happened today...

16226267319_cb3d784ba9_c.jpg

Lost my wheel locking key so could only get the two front ones off and swapped over.

Moral of the story
1. don't buckle 2 wheels
2. don't lose the wheel locking key!!

So not updated this in a while,

The car is currently sitting like this;

15879245143_7393103d83_z.jpg

Finally changed over the number plates for the clean plates i got last year.

I've also recently started the Ph2 interior conversion, started with all the rear plastics Haven't got pics of this as yet. Thanks to @GrahamS for those bits.

Had some new tyres delivered last week. 205/45/16 Federal RSR's they will be going on Tuesday along with some laser tracking as its been needing it a while.

17041244391_23b5c2c12d_z.jpg

Went and picked up an upper and lower Ph2 dash including various other parts from @stevem42. Thanks again buddy.

16419643734_33fe099bde_z.jpg

Hopefully if i get a chance i can make a start on the dash conversion this month. MOT time again later on in the month so may just wait till that's out of the way first.

So I've had the the RSR's on for a couple of days now and first impressions are good! really feel so much more comfortable to push through corners faster and its given me some confidence in the car again.

Only issue really is the monkeys that fitted them didn't balance them up properly so get a bit of wobble from 40mph and upwards :(

Also my mechanic did the tracking.. awesome I thought but sadly not!! using his 4 wheel laser tracking system he'd tracked them up using the rear wheels and although the gauges said its spot on its clearly not! pulls majorly to the left when driving normally, more so when pulling away and stopping! slightly annoyed really!

Its going back in on Monday and he's going to do it again. The worrying thing is that i have a feeling my rear beam is shagged.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yeah that was done ages ago. Probably need another one soon though.
Going to try making something out of my old one at some point
Had the same issue on mine when my step dad first owned the car, I think my brother "fixed" it by gobbing loads of tiger seal to make one. It seams to have worked, still like it over years later!!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
MOT time again tomorrow. Come round really quickly...

Answers on a postcard for what it WILL fail on this year!
No advisories

or a stab in the dark at rear brake inefficiency. I'm joking, just playing with your mind ;)

Failed on.

Wheel bolt missing. :-S
washer fluid empty
drive shaft gater split

Chuffed with that!!

Although rear brakes need doing soon and he said that the rear axel is ever so slightly bent but a 5mm spacer would sort it

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have a wheel bolt I can send you if you want? Or go down a local scrappers and they'll probably give you one for free.

Washer fluid and gaiter will be less than a packet of crisps (not literally) :)

New rear brakes have the bearings already pushed in so 2 kills with one stone. Unless you mean pads but even still they are about £20.