ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanium Ph1 172

If you do then me and you ain't ph1 fwends anymore!! Lol

Thats a lie, but please don't do it :(

Also PM N2Grafix/Ady182 off here for the F1 sticker:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?659613-F1-decal

Haha! Ph1 fwwwends!

Anyhow... i'll see how i get on ;)

Just ordered this one on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251385823866?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Think it might be a bit big though so will probably end up dropping Ady a PM, no idea where im going to stick it yet as im not sure it'll look right on the bonnet of a ph1 :S

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
People normally put them under the side repeaters or under the "clio" badge on the boot. If you are after a certain colour combo he can do that too. I had silver witting with a red f1 box on my old 182.

8236899331_91a5c3f17a.jpg

IMG_1350 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8236899289_b00076e072.jpg

IMG_1345 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Last edited:
Got some more done on the car today... Well I didn't but Bobby. did. Thanks again dude :)

Picked up some cup front shocks and some apex springs, now I know what everyone's feelings are on the springs and I'm inclined to agree however they are a stop gap until I can afford to get some coilovers, plus they were cheap!

Also took Bobby's old tyres off him, which means it hopefully won't find a ditch any time soon :)

Had to then get the tracking done as it was way out, knew it was a little out but the new tyres just proved how bad it really was.

No pictures as yet as the weather was shocking this afternoon but I'll try and get some tomorrow :)

So the list...

Done:

Ph2 rear lights
Headlight restoration
Front cup shocks
Apex springs (temporary)
New(ish) tyres
Slight engine bay tidy up... will tackle this again when the weather is better
300mm Omp trecento steering wheel & Momo Boss

To do:

Belts & dephaser
Front Brembo HC discs & DS2500 pads
Rear brake discs and pads
Bonnet & grill respray
Silver vision bulbs
Clear side repeaters
Cup spoiler
Cooksport springs
Spacers 20mm front & 10mm -1 camber on rear
Wheel refurb
Ph2 rear bumper
Ph2 colour coded side strips and door handles (will be keeping ph1 parts incase i change my mind)
Clean plates
Ph2 interior door handles
General interior clean up

im sure the 'to-do' list will grow a bit more soon but for now im going to just enjoy driving it :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
So you settled on 20mm fronts then? Looks cool in pic 7 for some reason :)

Also I've got ph2 interior door handles if you want them? I took them off mine as I wanted the originals on.

Plans sound good, plenty to keep you busy.

Yeah will take a while to get through it all but should keep me busy through till summer

So you settled on 20mm fronts then? Looks cool in pic 7 for some reason :)

Also I've got ph2 interior door handles if you want them? I took them off mine as I wanted the originals on.

Yeah I think maybe 25mm will be to much poke, 20mm should be just right. Thanks dude, think its just the angle I got it at. Needs a proper detail and better pictures though

Hmm sounds good Mark, pm me some more details :)

Audi A5
Looking good mate, and a good location too ;)

set of spacers for the front will make a massive difference I think.

Looking good mate, and a good location too ;)

set of spacers for the front will make a massive difference I think.

Thanks dude :) Yep love it for photos up there, better in the summer though ;)

Yep they should finish it off a lot better i think, will probably get 10mm at the rear too while im at it because the gap is huge!

Car has been a pit of a PITA the last few weeks

First up was a pot hole, usually I'm so careful with pot holes knowing what these OZ F1's are like. Anyway, came over the crest of a hill on a corner, bit of sun glare and then bang! bugger!
Wheel was to far gone to repair so swapped it with my spare and had the tyres changed over

Then Wednesday just gone my gearbox mount bolt sheared straight off, must have been on its way out. After a lot of searching @Bobby. stepped up and helped out, so big thanks on that one (still looking for one to give back to Bobby so if anyone knows of one going?)

Hopefully the car will be all good on the RR tomorrow and I'm also picking up some upgrade's :)

Ph2 interior handles
Ph2 side strips & bullets
Colour coded exterior handles
Ph2 boot hatch
Skoda Fabia splitter

Might get a chance to fit it all Sunday if the weather is good so expect a picture update soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to seeing this/you tomorrow :) Glad too see Bobby coming to the rescue!

Hopefully it'll make good power too.

Yeah looking forward to seing yours/you tomorrow, should be a good day ...... aww ph1 love lol

Haha i hope so to but after the month ive had so far and knowing my luck it'll probably snap a belt or snap a drive shaft or something :dapprove:

Also tempted to take the damn K&N off when i get there as im sure its not doing it any good for power

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
I have a piper cross venom air filter that has an air feed if you fancied that but I think it's slowed my car down!

tbh im just waiting for a good priced standard airbox to come up so i can ditch the induction kit all together. i like the sound 'sometimes' but would prefer a sweeter breathing engine