ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thought I'd share....

SG9 Forester STi
Enjoyed reading this, the car looks fantastic. I love the Dash2, brilliant bit of kit.

Best of luck with it!

182cup & 172 racecar
It'll be fine Andrew.
Shame I couldn't get the clio spare seat into the pug, but it wouldn't fit.
Car sounded good.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Some longer trumpets might help your torque no end, those Titans look really short. The 423s have a peak torque band from about 4.5-7k RPM so short trumpets won't gain you anything there.

Renault Clio 172
Some longer trumpets might help your torque no end, those Titans look really short. The 423s have a peak torque band from about 4.5-7k RPM so short trumpets won't gain you anything there.
I'll mention that to the chaps at RS tuning, and see what they say. It should get better with the Map anyway (I think)

Renault Clio 172
I could do with some advice.....

The car has been back on the dyno, and now revs to 7700, which I'm happy with, but it's 'only' producing 220bhp. We're I was expecting it to get to 230bhp.

RS have suggested I change the exhaust to a 2 1/2 inch one. I'm not really sure what the difference between them is?

So, my question, what sort should I go for? Has anyone had experience of it making much difference, and if I'm doing it, should I also change the Manifold to one of the PMS mad ones, that looks like it's on steroids (like @Russ Rallye 's one)?

I know that the manifold will make a difference on its own, but RS think it'll reach the 230 without it, so the manifold will just be extra!

To be honest mate, i would be happy with the 220, see how you get on with the car at the first race and adjust from there, also this will give you leeway to adjust power with raising the limit and exhaust etc.i would most def be concentrating on handling at this stage.

What manifold do you currently have?! I have a 182 4-2-1 manifold for sale at the mo.

The 2.5" exhausts pms do are a very good option.

Renault Clio 172
To be honest mate, i would be happy with the 220, see how you get on with the car at the first race and adjust from there, also this will give you leeway to adjust power with raising the limit and exhaust etc.i would most def be concentrating on handling at this stage.

What manifold do you currently have?! I have a 182 4-2-1 manifold for sale at the mo.

The 2.5" exhausts pms do are a very good option.

Hi, I've well run out of money, so it's a future plan anyway :) Handlings coming along nicely. It's of for set up on the 25th, then out on at Cadwell on 26th, to see how we've done!

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
I would of thought the exhaust that was on yours would be 2.5" bore anyway as most systems for the clio are. Can certainly recomend the pms stuff but it's obviously another £1300, so not ideal if you've done your budget in.
Tbf if you've got 220bhp that's plenty to be getting on with.
Russ

As Sonny says i’d be happy with that especially on Paul’s dyno! 2.5” exhaust is needed though and the PMS mani would be a nice upgrade too! I only just sold one a few weeks ago, shame! Im currently selling a PMS manifold back exhaust system for 172 which mates to a 182 manifold that would be a good upgrade if you aren’t already on a 2.5” system

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
As Sonny says i’d be happy with that especially on Paul’s dyno! 2.5” exhaust is needed though and the PMS mani would be a nice upgrade too! I only just sold one a few weeks ago, shame! Im currently selling a PMS manifold back exhaust system for 172 which mates to a 182 manifold that would be a good upgrade if you aren’t already on a 2.5” system
For a bargain price too! Decat link pipe James! I've forgotten to send my address. On it!

clio cup
Its not always about the BHP Andrew, Its how it puts it down,
Its all well and good having silly power but if you cant get it down on the road or your ability cannot drive that power then its just useless, Look at Jackie Chan in the red Suzuki Swift!!!!!
After I completed 2 races in the french trophey in 2013 I said my pals that I needed more power, They told me to wait, get used to the car under race conditions, learn what it does and once you can comfortably exceed the cars ability with your driving and your geometry the best you can get it then think about some more power.
Some say I was punching above my weight last year with a standard engine but that just goes to show the importance of a good geo/suspension set up and myself confidently pedaling the car.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Its not always about the BHP Andrew, Its how it puts it down,
Its all well and good having silly power but if you cant get it down on the road or your ability cannot drive that power then its just useless, Look at Jackie Chan in the red Suzuki Swift!!!!!
After I completed 2 races in the french trophey in 2013 I said my pals that I needed more power, They told me to wait, get used to the car under race conditions, learn what it does and once you can comfortably exceed the cars ability with your driving and your geometry the best you can get it then think about some more power.
Some say I was punching above my weight last year with a standard engine but that just goes to show the importance of a good geo/suspension set up and myself confidently pedaling the car.
"Dave Bell in sensible post shocker!"
Russ

Renault Clio 172
I'm having trouble getting my wipers working properly. They work fine on intermittent, but not on full on. Any suggestions?

Renault Clio 172
Try all the connection , if your still running the UCH check the connections into the back, im sure i had a similar problem with mine a few years ago.
Not sure what a UCH is? We have checked all the standard stuff, wires, power, etc. we think it might be the actual stork (or whatever you call the switch) that's faulty

Renault Clio 172
A small update.

Cars finished (as if that ever happens) and ready for Cadwell on Thursday.

Tidied engine bay up a bit more, and cut down the front grill to get a bit more air in to the Throttle Bodies (can't see it'll make that much difference, as the bonnet sits in same place!). Also fixed the grill on a bit better, as it's always been a bit loose. I know have to take the bumper off to get it on trailer, so it's only been getting worse.

8294029f74770d5cbf3b63fefea94db7_zps56se9ixp.jpg

Also tidied the van up a bit. I'll put a picture on later. Unfortunaty I let the wife drive the van to Howarth, and she misjudged a wall and smashed one of the sides! Rest of it is spot on though:)

Jobs still to do before first race:

Fit new G Dash (as I ordered the wrong one)
Get it on the scales and all set up
Plastic oat the wheels white (this serve no purpose, just like the look!)
Get better at racing.
Other than that, I think it's pretty sorted.

clio cup
Got it today pal, thanks very much. Let me know if I owe you anything. We can sort out a first race. Obviously I'm happy to pay in beer :)
Thats handy,,,,,, Beer is my preferred payment... Now thats the way the world goes round!

Just glad i could be of service mate, did it fix the problem?

Renault Clio 172
Cars all loaded up for tomorrow.

d3a087d7e2c501667de8cbd5a3c85917_zpsntt19lx9.jpg

Also built a wheel rack on the front of the trailer. It's a bit low, so will make it taller next week.

Also, the vans looking nice and clean. Go faster stripes removed and fully T Cut.

c269a1ff7226689b1dca6ed863eebf95_zps4qyznca4.jpg

Then the other side isn't so good....

23e922c0438ee6310530c4c9c3171783_zpsrl5llms8.jpg

Note to self.... Don't let her indoors drive!

CLIO 182
Be interesting to see how your lap times compare to Cadwell last season mate. (Will you be having a cheeky timing session?).
Had a look on TSL timings site and couldn't find Cadwell on there, all the other events seemed to be there.

What sort of times were seen for a clio around Cadwell mate? Out of curiosity.

Was an awesome day at Cadwell with @Apg100 amd miraculously dried out in the afternoon even though it was almost torrential rain en route.

Andrew drove really and and has got huge potential and the car drives really well and looks great.

Just a few snaps I took...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Our series piggy backs other series so you will need to find what main series was racing that day to find the results.

Anything below 1.50 is good for a clio (track prepped) around Cadwell, the quickest clios at the last Cadwell meeting irrc was getting around 1.44, russ and james managed 1.43s

CLIO 182
Our series piggy backs other series so you will need to find what main series was racing that day to find the results.

Anything below 1.50 is good for a clio (track prepped) around Cadwell, the quickest clios at the last Cadwell meeting irrc was getting around 1.44, russ and james managed 1.43s
Cheers for that buddy :up:

Renault Clio 172
Blimey! I've got some work to do! best I got was over 1.55! Never mind, thoroughly enjoyed it :)