ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Picked mine up from Smyths this morning. Thought I'd be getting the normal edition but ended up with a Scorpio edition. Only pre-ordered 2 Saturdays ago to. They had some stock to sell to folk that hadn't pre-ordered. Game a couple of doors down had sold all their pre-orders and were awaiting news of their phase 2 restock.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
bit underwhelmed with the Scorpio edition tbh, thought there would be more green on it

Tv all set up though, just waiting for gears 4 update to download

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^ mines not here yet - I was worried it might look tacky? I nearly cancelled mine and ordered a boggo one.

Yaris Hybrid
Bit disappointed as I installed Skyrim to see how it would run compared to the PS4 Pro version (which looked great but got a bit jerky in places) but as yet there is no patch so it's still 1080p.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Thank god for fast internet I've got about 300-400gb worth of games downloading. I only really play Forza but wanted Halo 5 and Battlefield on there still incase I fancy a change sometime.

Swift Sport
Probably a bad time to ask the question but here goes...

I'm thinking of retiring my Xbox 360 but know nothing about the current generation of consoles. I'm tempted to get another Xbox but there are several to choose from and have no idea what's best or me.
I don't have a 4K tv and would probably only play a handful of games, but like the idea of buying a steering wheel and Project Cars 2.
I want to keep the costs down as it might just be a fad and end up gathering dust lol.
Any ideas on the best selection of Xbox One and decent but cheap steering wheel? I'm guessing there's no real benefit of converting to a Sony PS4 instead??

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well... first impressions are good. I wasn't expecting anything revolutionary but I think it's pretty cool. It runs quiet (I can't hear mine), is smaller and it's nice not having a power brick external power supply. The UI seems to run a lot nicer than on the original Xbox One, too. Thumbs up.glad I installed my entire games and app collection to an external drive. I just plugged it straight into the One X and all my games and apps were immediately available. No need to download anything other than a few small updates and to sync my Live account / game data. Ok, a couple of games have 4K updates of several 10's of gigabytes but they will download overnight.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Well... first impressions are good. I wasn't expecting anything revolutionary but I think it's pretty cool. It runs quiet (I can't hear mine), is smaller and it's nice not having a power brick external power supply. The UI seems to run a lot nicer than on the original Xbox One, too. Thumbs up.glad I installed my entire games and app collection to an external drive. I just plugged it straight into the One X and all my games and apps were immediately available. No need to download anything other than a few small updates and to sync my Live account / game data. Ok, a couple of games have 4K updates of several 10's of gigabytes but they will download overnight.

Yeah but that’s you coming from an original Xbox one. I upgraded to the S a year ago.
So my experience is slightly different...
It’s bigger and heavier than the S. neither have power bricks.
And I genuinely cannot tell a difference playing Forza 7. It looked impressive before hand tbh.
I’m very underwhelmed.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but that’s you coming from an original Xbox one. I upgraded to the S a year ago.
And I genuinely cannot tell a difference playing Forza 7. It looked impressive before hand tbh.
I’m very underwhelmed.
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression - wasn't trying to compare but merely state I was impressed with the package.
To be honest, a LOT of people are disappointed and underwhelmed. But... and this isn't aimed at you mate... I'm not sure what people were expecting? The specs and features have been known a long time and it was obvious it wasn't going to be anything revolutionary; just a bit more grunt. People are complaining about the lack of Xbox One X specific titles. That's not going to happen; Microsoft stated this early on. All games for Xbox One X have to work on older One systems hence the best we're likely to see is X enhancements and mild improvements to in-game asset fidelity. I can't help but feel that folks were simply expecting too much. It's great for what it is :) And not a bad price considering the tech stuffed in it.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Forza runs much smoother for me less lag in the menus like garage and online menus etc. Seems a bit better visually but I think I've already adjusted to that now. Just got to keep an eye out for a 4k TV which should make the biggest difference.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression - wasn't trying to compare but merely state I was impressed with the package.
To be honest, a LOT of people are disappointed and underwhelmed. But... and this isn't aimed at you mate... I'm not sure what people were expecting? The specs and features have been known a long time and it was obvious it wasn't going to be anything revolutionary; just a bit more grunt. People are complaining about the lack of Xbox One X specific titles. That's not going to happen; Microsoft stated this early on. All games for Xbox One X have to work on older One systems hence the best we're likely to see is X enhancements and mild improvements to in-game asset fidelity. I can't help but feel that folks were simply expecting too much. It's great for what it is :smile: And not a bad price considering the tech stuffed in it.
Seeing as the xb1x and s were announced at the same time, I think this console was aimed at people moving from the original xb1 anyway. I notice a fair bit of difference especially with a new TV. Gears 4 looks outstanding

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Probably a bad time to ask the question but here goes...

I'm thinking of retiring my Xbox 360 but know nothing about the current generation of consoles. I'm tempted to get another Xbox but there are several to choose from and have no idea what's best or me.
I don't have a 4K tv and would probably only play a handful of games, but like the idea of buying a steering wheel and Project Cars 2.
I want to keep the costs down as it might just be a fad and end up gathering dust lol.
Any ideas on the best selection of Xbox One and decent but cheap steering wheel? I'm guessing there's no real benefit of converting to a Sony PS4 instead??
just get a second hand original Xbox one id say if you weren't to be playing religiously. mines never had an issue and have owned it from release date

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I’m very underwhelmed.
You playing on a 4K HDR TV? Its heavier than the S yes but thats to be expected when you see whats inside it. Also, I believe it is technically smaller (by volume) than the S (The S is taller but the X is wider).
I've only played COD:WW2 and Forza 7 on mine so far but there is a noticeable difference. Even on the unenhanced COD the difference is almost night and day. Forza is buttery smooth and pretty as usual.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
You playing on a 4K HDR TV? Its heavier than the S yes but thats to be expected when you see whats inside it. Also, I believe it is technically smaller (by volume) than the S (The S is taller but the X is wider).
I've only played COD:WW2 and Forza 7 on mine so far but there is a noticeable difference. Even on the unenhanced COD the difference is almost night and day. Forza is buttery smooth and pretty as usual.

Yes of course. I have a £2k 10bit Samsung.
Won’t play COD, but with forza I cant see a difference.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Yes of course. I have a £2k 10bit Samsung.
Won’t play COD, but with forza I cant see a difference.
Baller lol.
Collecting mine tonight... wasn't in so down at the local corner shop who take UPS deliveries. Didn't know this either so win.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I keep considering getting an Xbox especially for Forza & the new Cod game.
But is it worth getting one when the new xbox is out already?.as in a while everyone will be on them??

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I mean everyone will go to the new xbox,so when playing online gaming im guessing you cant play lets say cod on the xbox one with someone playing same game on the new xbox?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
yeah t
I mean everyone will go to the new xbox,so when playing online gaming im guessing you cant play lets say cod on the xbox one with someone playing same game on the new xbox?
they are all compatible mate, the new box just has some extra patches on certain games to enhance the graphics. Otherwise fully compatible with each other for online gaming. Can even play people on 360 with the new box too

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Pah, the delivery date for my new 4K TV and sound system has been pushed back to next Wednesday morning! :( I'm normally happy to wait but I need these items now. :p Oh well, #stillpcmasterraceattheendoftheday

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Pah, the delivery date for my new 4K TV and sound system has been pushed back to next Wednesday morning! 😧 I'm normally happy to wait but I need these items now. :tongueout: Oh well, #stillpcmasterraceattheendoftheday
why I caved and ordered my tv before release

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Picked mine up earlier... it’s still in the box [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to playing through Halo 5 (and the Master Chief collection) again with the forthcoming One X patches. There's a nice bump in fidelity on Halo 5.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Finally got round to setting mine up.
I’m having an issue that it will not read any of my discs, just keeps coming up with the “if you own the game insert disk now” message.

Too tired to sort it now, will have another go tomorrow.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I only played Halo 5 online but I might have to give it a try and see how it is sometime too if I can pull myself away from Forza that Is.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Up and running this morning.
Only had a quick go of forza, can can definitely see an improvement even running at 1080p.

Need to get my 4k tv sorted ASAP.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I received my new 4K tv today and, after figuring out I had to manually enable HDR per HDMI port on through the tv settings, I was able to boot up the One X and check out the 4K stuff. Yep... GoW4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider look stunning with HDR. Fair play. It just about makes the 30fps capped frame rates bearable! :p

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Titanfall 2 for a fiver?!?

677cef4116f1165a265796a637bf3961.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I received my new 4K tv today and, after figuring out I had to manually enable HDR per HDMI port on through the tv settings, I was able to boot up the One X and check out the 4K stuff. Yep... GoW4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider look stunning with HDR. Fair play. It just about makes the 30fps capped frame rates bearable! :tongueout:

Tomb Raider doesn't have to be capped at 30 fps ;)