ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone looking for an Elite controller? Argos currently have the controller + the new Assassins Creed game on their website for £109. If you reserve, collect and pay in store you get it for £99. If you aint interested in the game, CEX will give you £35 cash for it meaning the Elite controller cost you £65.

You also get a £10 voucher to spend next time in store so potentially £55 for an Elite controller. Good deal.
I love you for this. Been um-ing and ah-ing whether to get one or not (price is pretty steep), and I have just bought the new AC, but as you said its possible to trade in etc, off to the Argos website I go!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
It shows as £109 on the reservation email but when I went in (And others have said the same) their system tallys it to £99.99. But you have to select the pay in store options for it to work.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
No mate - I'm not quite ready to go to OLED yet (until I can get a decent screen burn warranty / guarantee and some of the other issues have been ironed out!) I've just gone for the new Samsung QLED for now and a Dolby Atmos setup (to replace my 18 year old [pre-HDMI] surround sound system!)

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
No mate - I'm not quite ready to go to OLED yet (until I can get a decent screen burn warranty / guarantee and some of the other issues have been ironed out!) I've just gone for the new Samsung QLED for now and a Dolby Atmos setup (to replace my 18 year old [pre-HDMI] surround sound system!)

Very nice mate. What setup did you go for, I'm just finalising plans for atmos myself actually

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice mate. What setup did you go for, I'm just finalising plans for atmos myself actually
I've gone for the Samsung QE65Q8C tv (stunning colour reproduction) and the Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos Bluetooth Wi-Fi 5.1.4 Sound Bar System With Wireless Subwoofer.

EDIT: Got it from John Lewis as well as they threw in a free £350 quid Samsung 4K UHD BluRay player.

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
How did it go?

Changed my mind on the X again. Pre-orded then cancelled and changed my mind again. Since then I've cancelled my Scorpio pre-order and changed m mind again and pre-ordered a normal edition X lol. Worse than a woman.
All happy days!
Went in store and went to the till, woman charged me £99.99 and I had to force back a smirk as I knew that was £10 less than the website. Also got passed a £5 gift card, and managed to flog the game (as I already bought it 2 days ago! to a mate for £40. He saves some dollar on a game he wanted and I effectively got an elite controller at 50% off.
I owe you a beer for coming across this! Super chuffed I have one now - could never bring myself to pay £120 for it!

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Still need to sort a tv out ready for my Xbox one X.
Budget £600 ish and would ideally like 55inch or above.​

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Still need to sort a tv out ready for my Xbox one X.
Budget £600 ish and would ideally like 55inch or above.​
I only got my Xbox one s last November, I simply cant justify making the upgrade after a year! plus like most I would be looking at upgrading the TV. Damn my life. why cant I achieve CS baller status...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've been tempted to pre order but going to see how the launch goes and see how they update Forza to go with it seen as it's the only game I really play. Will be wanting a 55" 4k TV to go with it too which I've got my eye on a few of but will probably hold off until black Friday incase any good deals pop up.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've been tempted to pre order but going to see how the launch goes and see how they update Forza to go with it seen as it's the only game I really play. Will be wanting a 55" 4k TV to go with it too which I've got my eye on a few of but will probably hold off until black Friday incase any good deals pop up.

We found that Cyber Monday's offering were cheaper than Black Friday's (Though apparently 2016 was a bad Black Friday sales wise). We got our tele in the Monday sales last year. Don't imagine the X will see any money off on either sale day.

Also think forza will see one of the biggest improvement on the X due to its first party nature. They will go all out to make it a demo of the X's superiority imo.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
very.co.uk have a load of 4k TV's with £100 cash back if you buy on credit if anyones interested. Just pay it back before 12 months and there's no interest. Looking at a 55" 4k philips with hdr and ambient lighting for £579 (£479 after cadhback)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
We found that Cyber Monday's offering were cheaper than Black Friday's (Though apparently 2016 was a bad Black Friday sales wise). We got our tele in the Monday sales last year. Don't imagine the X will see any money off on either sale day.

Also think forza will see one of the biggest improvement on the X due to its first party nature. They will go all out to make it a demo of the X's superiority imo.

I'll keep an eye out for that too then if nothing really stands out on the Friday.

Yeah I think there's something like a 30gb update for Forza Xbox X so quite big.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
anyone able to take a look at these for me as theres loads of choice and tell me their opinion? hard to find reviews concerning 4k gaming

50'' (tech specs are wrong on this one)
http://www.very.co.uk/philips-50pus...hd-freeview-play-and-ambilight/1600204294.prd

55''
http://www.very.co.uk/philips-50pus...hd-freeview-play-and-ambilight/1600204294.prd

Currently I'm looking at the Samsung UE55MU6100 or Samsung 55MU6400. I think they are supposed to be good for gaming but not sure how they compare against the ones you have linked.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Got a text from Game saying mine is ready to pick up tonight. Really can’t be bothered. Will be the first console I haven’t got on day one since I can remember.

I’m probably just going to wait until the weekend.

Think I am more excited about unboxing my sons minecraft Xbox one S on his birthday than the one X.

What is wrong with me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Got a text from Game saying mine is ready to pick up tonight. Really can’t be bothered. Will be the first console I haven’t got on day one since I can remember.

I’m probably just going to wait until the weekend.

Think I am more excited about unboxing my sons minecraft Xbox one S on his birthday than the one X.

What is wrong with me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im not excited about mine either tbh...i would be if it had xbox one x only titles. Bit lame.