ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White ph1 172 track car. Epic content!

SQ5
Cup spoiler YES

Ph2 bumper NO

It's too chunky in my opinion, and hides the rear wheels from behind which makes it look less aggressive!

Evo 5 RS
Just never liked it personally! Like Dan says it's chunky, plus yours has all the standard trimmings just like a ph1 should :)

IMO lol

Trafic 140dci
I lol that people will spend £100+ for a spoiler that doesn't look THAT different....
I prefer them... But i also agree it's a fair chunk of money for something that doesn't look massively different, i'm still undecided if i'll get a cup spoiler, car is going to painters anyway so...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Know what you mean, i think they do look slightly better, but not £100+ better, i do think the ph2 bumper is better looking but i refuse to do the mod under principle.... Lol

Good work on it all though, fair play for doing it all yourself

Trafic 140dci
Spent a few hours on my alloy bonnet today getting it prepped up for paint.

Before:

download-5.jpg

Then removed sound dedening:

download1-2.jpg

Marked up for the cut out for my air filter, tried to make it as neat as possible:

download2-2.jpg

Cut out:

download3-3.jpg

I did then sand down and clean all under the bonnet, but the picture didn't save :/

Then onto the top, the before:

download4-3.jpg

and after lots of sanding down:

download5-2.jpg

Next weekend i will trial fit it and cut out the Aerocatch's, but that's enough for this weekend, wasn't even meant to be working on the car lol :)

Trafic 140dci
What's made you swap to the EC-1 mate from Omex?

Seems like a lot of money after you've just got really good results on the Omex mapping
I bought it as it came up at the right price for a future plan, can re-wire with that ditch standard ecu and run race logic dash off that. BUT that went yesterday anyway, DannyR desperately needed it for his supercharged build as it was already mapped from the last setup the supercharger was on.

Also forgot to add, weighed the alloy bonnet... 5kgs :)

ph1 172
Super job there Lewis:)
That has got to be a massive weight saving, I am sure I read on here somewhere that the steel bonnet is 12kgs!

I get mine tomorrow

172 cup
i'll keep an eye out but i always seem to miss them, not sure how much longer i'll have the cup so would like to do a few more tracks.

it's a bit of a beast lol, 350bhp/ton give or take, very impressive seeing it's still running the c1j 8v 1.4 and carb set up

I bought it as it came up at the right price for a future plan, can re-wire with that ditch standard ecu and run race logic dash off that. BUT that went yesterday anyway, DannyR desperately needed it for his supercharged build as it was already mapped from the last setup the supercharger was on.

Also forgot to add, weighed the alloy bonnet... 5kgs :)

You can run the race tech dashes off the omex mate - they do a box that goes into the serial port
I've been down chatting to them about the dash and datalogging for mine ;)

I'm also ditching all standard wiring - just gonna run the omex, dash2pro and a set of switches for the lights etc..

Trafic 140dci
You can run the race tech dashes off the omex mate - they do a box that goes into the serial port
I've been down chatting to them about the dash and datalogging for mine ;)

I'm also ditching all standard wiring - just gonna run the omex, dash2pro and a set of switches for the lights etc..
I see... It's handy I've sold the ec1 to DannyR then, think you need to tell me more about this...

Rhys... One day mine will :)

Trafic 140dci
Stick it on the scales! I'd bet it's more than you think ;)

Was before i bought it at 960kg with fluids, since then it's lost, heavy steal exhaust, inlet manifold, inlet plenum, slam panel, took out all the plastic sh*t from behind the bumpers, ditched the heavy copper rad, and the steal bonnet will be soon gone, granted them parts have been replaced for lighter parts... it's just a guesstimate :)

ph1 172
And you still have all of the metal internals of your doors and no polycarb windows yet;)

That should save a fairly substantial amount

Trafic 140dci