ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Quite like my Pixel XL tbh. Doubt I'll get the new one though as no doubt it'll be priced like the iPhone.
I'm due to get a different phone. Still on the 6P.

Can't warrant spending that kind of money out right on a phone though so will be looking to get off my sim only contract and into a proper one and pick up the pixel XL 2

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

Can't warrant spending that kind of money out right on a phone though so will be looking to get off my sim only contract and into a proper one and pick up the pixel XL 2

The 6P and Pixel XL have both been great for me.

Will see what the XL 2 gets priced at and see if it's worth selling my one. I got alright money for my 6P last time.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

The 6P and Pixel XL have both been great for me.

Will see what the XL 2 gets priced at and see if it's worth selling my one. I got alright money for my 6P last time.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The pxl2 should be pretty epic. The first one has been a massive success for essentially their first go at a phone.

Oh and it's here and it's so so special...

5ab66191c758ebdf6f2fb25c9e8d77f2.jpg

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Have to lol at the Apple fanbois loving the latest I phone it has wireless charging and water proof and biometric unlocking wow samsung have been doing that for way longer ! They are losing market share to Samsung year on year .
Fair play on the whole i tunes got you when you in early to deep marketing thou genius :smile:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I borrowed a Samsung gear VR for a couple of days from someone at work the other day to tryout on my S8. I've also had a quick play on the HTC Vive at a mates.
Honestly very impressed by the gear vr in comparison and for the price.... To the point I want to get one before long. The blade runner 2049 demo looks superb on it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking for specs of the new Pixel the other day and came across a Chinese brand that I'd never heard of.
The Xiaomi Mi6 placed just behind the S8 a while back (I think the phone was released in April) but it has some waterproofing, under the glass fingerprint reader, headphone jack as well as 6gb ram and it's bloody cheap at £385 (give or take with exchange rates) for 64gb version. Not the worse looking phone either.

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/new-pr...e-date-price-features-specifications-3653263/

There is an issue with the 4g banding though so a few networks won't get it. O2, sky, gifgaff and Tesco will only get 3g.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I borrowed a Samsung gear VR for a couple of days from someone at work the other day to tryout on my S8. I've also had a quick play on the HTC Vive at a mates.
Honestly very impressed by the gear vr in comparison and for the price.... To the point I want to get one before long. The blade runner 2049 demo looks superb on it.
That's one of my go to's when showing off the vr to people, really impresses them, then I show them some 180 3d p**n, and that really really impresses them :smile:

edit - one mate I showed it to ordered an S8 on contract the next day, with the free vr.

edit2 - if anyones looking for 3d p**n for the vr don't bother with the online stuff the quality is poor, download some from pirate bay some of those are mint!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Last time i had an android phone was a HTC desire.

The s8+ seems really good so far.
Only thing is i cant set up my work office 365 email on outlook? It always takes me to gmail log in?

Any help much appreciated im not taking two phones into work next week!!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Only thing is i cant set up my work office 365 email on outlook? It always takes me to gmail log in?

Download the outlook app. Should be fine then, although I have a Hotmail account linked to Google and it can either show separate accounts or link them together in Gmail/Inbox.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Download the outlook app. Should be fine then, although I have a Hotmail account linked to Google and it can either show separate accounts or link them together in Gmail/Inbox.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I tried that. Everytime i log into outlook it auto adds my gmail. Then i add another account for work and it doesnt go any further.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Also in the lockscreen it tells me I have an email from Google but why can't it tell me what the latest one is?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Also in the lockscreen it tells me I have an email from Google but why can't it tell me what the latest one is?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Doesn't it show you when you pull the notification menu from the top?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

You could set up so your gmail account recieves email from other accounts that's what I did with my hotmail account.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The Note 8 is on another level guys.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Maaaaate! A small thing... I've always fancied decent earbuds over my old Bose headphones and was waiting to see what the AKG set we're like. Tested them yesterday and was very impressed. Especially considering I've tried a few in shops over the years.

But... I then did the personalised sound thing on the note. It Tests high tones and low tones etc... Omg! I feel like I've been listening to stuff with ear muffs on for years!!!

Game changing! And the camera is just stupid good. I new the phone would be impressive.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
It's hardly "game changing" when Samsung already make 2 phones that (give or take) are already as good as the note. Not to mention the other brands that have phones of a similar spec...
They're all just an evolution of what we've already had before. When someone brings one out that never needs charging or allows you to teleport, now that will be a game changer!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was joking of course. You know the ongoing joke for a few years now? Game changing.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They're just tumed by akg iirc. Still immense. I just prefer good fitting buds.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
What's the crack with VR then?
Is it just a shitty gimmick or good fun?

p**n was mentioned, how does that work? Are you the guy or just like you standing next to him?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
What's the crack with VR then?
Is it just a shitty gimmick or good fun?

p**n was mentioned, how does that work? Are you the guy or just like you standing next to him?
I'm loving the VR so far, I guess I'll get bored eventually but for now I find it hard to put down, 360° games, videos etc are good fun, you can watch normal movies on a big cinema screen with a 360° view around you like you're actually in a cinema, 3D movies work too. I've spent a couple of hours today on google street view in 360°, you just speak where you want to go and it instantly takes you there.

p**n - You're the guy, you see him/your virtual self from the chest down when you look down.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Lol. Definitely something you'd have to do when everyone is out. Imagine the misses catching you wanking to VR. That's got to worse than normal p**n.