ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
VR is awesome! Some of the shooting games are brilliant, so immersive! I want to get one hooked up to the Xbox to try the racing in a seat etc, that's where it would come in to it's own imo.

Oh and VR p**n, always leave one earmuff off to hear the keys in the door....

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
VR is awesome! Some of the shooting games are brilliant, so immersive! I want to get one hooked up to the Xbox to try the racing in a seat etc, that's where it would come in to it's own imo.

Oh and VR p**n, always leave one earmuff off to hear the keys in the door....
Do they not come with the controller then? Can't really see the point of it if it doesn't.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My home screen. The resolution is insane!

b97f8ee181e78bf37ade3aa5b895253d.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and heavy use yesterday for anyone wondering about battery...

5d0dd356afa459dbb06c9e060e12869c.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Scary how much Tapatalk just ruined the quality of that home screenshot!

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Anyone looking for p**n to download search pirate bay for czechvr the file sizes are pretty big, about 4gb plus per movie, but the quality is insane. I can highly recommend the wedding one, and the one with the maids :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oculus is about £500 and not that much better! The new Samsung 2017 is epic!

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
One tip, which took me a few days to realise!, if you find the headset pinches your nose try repositioning the padded bit that goes around your face, it's held on with Velcro so just pull it off and move it up. I couldn't breath through my nose before, much more comfortable now.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
How the hell do you use the app you downloaded?
Downloaded a roller coaster one to try but everytime I put the phone in the thing, it goes to the homepage.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
How do you get the videos to play?
I downloaded a VR video (mp4) but it won't open?
Oculus player is best (for the 360 cinema thing) but I think you might have to download it, the other options are Samsung VR > look for the file folder across the top, or Samsung gallery > my files or content or something bottom of the list on the left. I put all my videos in the movie folder but I'm pretty sure it finds them no matter where you put them.

Tip - if you download some p**n change the file name so it ends in 180x180_3dh.mp4 or whatever file type it is, this way the player knows what it is and sets it up right, otherwise it might play wrong and you have find the settings and tell it that it's 180-3d

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
There's also 3d blu rays you can get off piratebay and it'll play those too. (I've got Guardians 2 & Kong island in 3d so far and they both look ace).

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I downloaded one that you may have mentioned but it won't let me play it at all.
Just a blank screen with an explanation mark in the middle.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I downloaded one that you may have mentioned but it won't let me play it at all.
Just a blank screen with an explanation mark in the middle.
and what's the explanation? :tonguewink:

Try one of the other players I mentioned, other than that there must be something wrong with the file, I've not come across a problem playing any of mine so far.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Btw if anyone's interested in the 360° google street view I mentioned before it's not google maps you need, they don't work on the vr, it's a free app called viso places, which oddly enough works by accessing google maps.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Went to CW today and had a look at the new Samsungs, Note 8 is too big, S8 is alright, but I think the S8+ is perfect screen size, and apparently the battery is much better on that, however, I still much prefer the iOS environment, ease of use, compatibility etc. but neither of the new iPhones appeal to me really, which is a shame as CW are offering £350 trade in for my 7 :/

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Went to CW today and had a look at the new Samsungs, Note 8 is too big, S8 is alright, but I think the S8+ is perfect screen size, and apparently the battery is much better on that, however, I still much prefer the iOS environment, ease of use, compatibility etc. but neither of the new iPhones appeal to me really, which is a shame as CW are offering £350 trade in for my 7 :/
Also have a look at mobiles.co.uk they're actually owned by carphone but I found them much cheaper for my s8, they tried instore but couldn't get anywhere near the price I got from mobiles.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Do I have to download material or is it on streaming sites/hubs/tubes

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Do I have to download material or is it on streaming sites/hubs/tubes

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Either, watching online quality is going to be poor compared to downloading though, unless you pay for it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Like Samsung Dex? No one actually uses a Windows phone surely?

Listerine & Poledo
Like Samsung Dex? No one actually uses a Windows phone surely?
Similar principle, yes.
But where Dex leaves you with some Android desktop thing, with this one you have a Windows machine.

Agreed on the "what? someone has a windows phone?"

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Samsung offer a trade in on their site too I just got £305 for my 6s as they give an extra £100 not sure how long the offer lasts though might have ended now.

I just moved iOS to Samsung and love it tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My suggestion of going from iOS to android is set it up like an iPhone to start and research all the amazing things you're actually allowed to do with your phone.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Samsung offer a trade in on their site too I just got £305 for my 6s as they give an extra £100 not sure how long the offer lasts though might have ended now.

I just moved iOS to Samsung and love it tbh.
I tried that but it said it was only for sim free phones, I got mine on contract.