ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The great exhaust debate !

182 FF
Hey Renault Sport fans.

Yip its almost time for my original renault exhaust system to fall off and i am heavily researching into a new exhaust. I have realised that a Milltek or Scorpion is a good way to go. My exhaust hunt has some criteria which i have been using.

1. 27 years old.
2. Dont want to look like a rude girl.
3. Want the exhaust to add to my RS but not make it punch above itself.
4. Raspy instead of boomy.
5. Motorway journeys to be easy on the ears.

As you can see i am not being fussy at all. If you have any ideas then please contribute, i have been doing a fair bit of research. Decat, straight through section etc.

I am open to a second hand system as well so if you have one, give me a shout.

Thanks Vix ;)

Focus
Was looking for the same as you and went for a milltek in the end, not to loud, great for motor way driving as dulls down when not giving it! Beautifully made as well.

clio 182
yozza is loud, janspeed exhaust i say, ive just picked up one second hand because my ktec ultra performance exhaust (silenced) was getting ait too loud for everyday for my liking. if i was 18 i would of loved it! just abit too loud for me.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
miltek and scorpion (rs192) are good ways to go for motorway driving. not boomy at all. yozza is the rasp king though! 1 back box makes more rasp, two back boxes give deeper rumble i was led to believe (please cs, correct me if im wrong)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I looked round every single 1 started at yozza went through likin them all and came back to wantin the yozza lol I will get one in a month or 2 :)

They are the best made, best sound and also look better than the miltek IMO.

Keep the cat in and it's nice all round, cat out maybe a bit loud for some people likin but not inside only out the back :)

U do pay for what u get now days so its worth the extra 50 60 quid over the ktec and miltek.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I looked round every single 1 started at yozza went through likin them all and came back to wantin the yozza lol I will get one in a month or 2 :)

Keep the cat in and it's nice all round, cat out maybe a bit loud for some people likin but not inside only out the back :)

U do pay for what u get now days so its worth the extra 50 60 quid over the ktec and miltek.

The amount of exhausts iv seen and heard, some good some very very bad. Yozza is by far the best quailty, lightest and not as loud as people think with a cat on......decat then its loud:evil:

Civic Type R
Just in the middle of fitting a rs192 as we speak. Miltek are s**t, mine never EVER sat right, although it did sound pretty good with the De-cat. I will report back later on the RS192!

Clio RS 182

Ok mate, we got it the first 2 times ;)

182 FF
My budget doesnt matter now i dont think, i would like a 2nd hand system. You lot swap quite often so i was looking for a baragin...;)

Fiesta ST3
just buy a yozza you wont regret it ;) but i f you go down the milltek route make sure you buy a new one or if its second hand make sure you get the receipt for it,
a mate of mine is having a mare at the minute with his milltek on his astra vxr he bought it second hand and its cracked on a weld and milltek dont want to know because he is not the original purchaser

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
where abouts are you based? may be worth asking people that are near by if you can listen to there exhausts in person, might get a better idea of what to get?

Clio RS 182
just buy a yozza you wont regret it ;) but i f you go down the milltek route make sure you buy a new one or if its second hand make sure you get the receipt for it,
a mate of mine is having a mare at the minute with his milltek on his astra vxr he bought it second hand and its cracked on a weld and milltek dont want to know because he is not the original purchaser

I never get this though.

Even if Milltek agreed to it, would your mate not have to take it off his car, put another one on for the time being or live without his car for a while, then send the Exhaust to Milltek, all of which will cost quite a bit, when all he has to do is take it to somehwere that can weld and have it sorted?

Fiesta ST3
I never get this though.

Even if Milltek agreed to it, would your mate not have to take it off his car, put another one on for the time being or live without his car for a while, then send the Exhaust to Milltek, all of which will cost quite a bit, when all he has to do is take it to somehwere that can weld and have it sorted?

no milltek is on the doorstep for us head office is in derby and the fitting r&d unit is in ilkeston..

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Does seem like everyone is going for Yozza. Interesting.

im getting on a bit and i like my car to sound sporty but i would not buy a yozza, on here there loved but everyone who lives near you who doesnt bum clios will hate you, if you value your hearing and dont want to be labled a chav dont get a yozza with a decat

182 FF
Interesting views, remember the criteria people. Yozza seemed a good option but after some comments i think maybe a scorpion maybe the tamer alternative. But lets keep it going...

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
ktec stealth is a good option longs its fitted correctly and all your hangers are in good condition. exhausts are a quite personal thing tho, one persons loud is anothers quiet, racey vs chavy, best bet would be to try and go out in a few and pick from there

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Trust me, a Yozza is loud, no matter what people say. I had a Miltek, i had some fitment problems with it, but it sounded fine, not rude boy/loud. I HATE that in an exhaust. Stay away from anything Ktec as they all boooooom at motorway speeds. Trust me been there done it...

260% JCW

because £50-£60 makes a big difference in terms of quality.