ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The great exhaust debate !

Lionel Richie
yeah you cant buy ANYTHING yozza from JP, not unless you want to buy the design/development? JP will just give you my phone number ;)

stock 182 system = 22.5kg
YS 182 (again the lightest there is) = 15.5kg from memory

someone mentioned heresay - i will correct a few points

YS - are hard to beat, quality, weight, fit and finish (all in my opinion, but hey, i co designed developed them ;)) funny we were the first single box rear system too ;)
YS182 - its not loud, but it is - 70 mph with the cruise on you wouldn't really know it was there, boot it - oh hello - sub 98db WITH decat, but apparently its the loudest thing behind the space shuttle? yeah jog on

Ever watch mythbusters? FA-18 fighter jet on board suspersonic you hear nothing, on the ground it breaks windows with a sonic boom ;)

If you lot knew the costs envolved with developing a system you'd be surprised

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Freds adevertisment or as most should see it as passion for the exhaust is another reason to buy the yozza as you don't find any other system maker lookin after there produce the same way :)

182 FF
i road tested a 182 with the scorpion exhaust on (not the 192) the normal one and id say it wasnt louder than renault original one but made a much nicer tone infact just ordered one for the car i did buy and only £311 off a company on ebay ill let you know what its like to fit lol

Scorpion is quieter than a standard renault set up, noooooooo lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
surely that cant be true. i thought standard was the quietest. i have a scorpion rs192. the fitting was easy, and when i first started it up i was pleased with the sound. 2 months on and im loving it. slight deeper rumble than standard and perfect for town and motorway driving. sounds great above the 5k mark but under that its a nice deep rumble that doesnt intrude into the cabin. also unlike some other systems you can hear passengers in the back and it doesn't resinate throughout the car. i think i paid £350 new.
5422717331_b1e284cf2d_b.jpg

182 FF
If you drop down into third etc to go round someone in a rover 25 what noise do you get? also how much did this affect your insurance?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
i road tested a 182 with the scorpion exhaust on (not the 192) the normal one and id say it wasnt louder than renault original one but made a much nicer tone infact just ordered one for the car i did buy and only £311 off a company on ebay ill let you know what its like to fit lol

Thats the one i've got. Its more bassy than raspy and isn't too loud at all so I'd recommend it. Plus it cant weigh too much as its a single box

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Scorpion is quieter than a standard renault set up, noooooooo lol

It isn't at all!

Here is a pic of how it looks as I not many people seem to have this system on their car:

5482024531_60b2ba7f01_z.jpg

I will say though, when Fred showed me a Yozza system you can see the quality of the welding is very good and the fittings use proper flanges with bolts holes, no of this ring clamp garbage that you'll get with most other exhaust brands. Be prepared to do some tweaking of the mounts and fitting if you dont buy a yozza basically!

Last edited:

koi

Audi S1
I have the Janspeed/K-tec Supersports, didn't make a difference to my insurance..it's expensive enough as it is!

Fit is spot on and the slash cuts looks great. Sounds good when you put your foot down and not too loud, once cruising it's hardly noticeable over the road noise. If you're after a quiet system you could always get the sports version which has an extra silencer.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
If you drop down into third etc to go round someone in a rover 25 what noise do you get? also how much did this affect your insurance?

YouTube yozzasport 182 there's an RB with White wheels that has a vid with cat on and also decat fitted he's prob doin about 60 to 80 mph on one of the vids in each that's what your rover owners will hear lol

Clio RS 182
You can so tell a FEMALE made this thread LOL.

So many of these threads have been made by the MALE population and they rarely saw page 2

Fiesta ST-2
I've got the scorpion RS192 and its quiet, bit louder on idle and if you climb higher into the revs but hardly much difference from OEM driving normal.
If you want more noise get an induction kit/V6 box.

Lionel Richie
Nice advertisement there.

Any Dyno proof compared to the other systems?

dont need to advertise a product that sells itself, just fed of people spouting utter rubbish

They were dyno tested years ago (cira 2004/2005) and from memory the 182 system showed around 5bhp gain with decat, jamsport fitted one of our stealth systems to their 172 cup combined with matched inlets they saw cira 13bhp but i do doubt that figure

i'll retest the 182 system just for you kevster

LY R26 #288
i'd say yozza :) and as for watching videos on you tube, i did that for ages trying to decide weather to go for it or not but they don't capture the true sound, they sound 100x better in real life, if anyone down south wants the hear one in real life i'm happy to take you for a spin.

Civic Type R
She's after a quite exhaust , so I think that discounts the yozza tbh, i heard one at the weekend and it is loud. Although as said the build quality is the best I have seen, definitely looks better quality than the rs192 that I have fitted. Dont really spend much time looking underneath my car though, and they all come with a lifetime warranty anyway. IMO the rs192 sounds better, the tailpipes look better! Mine fits perfectly too.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I will get a video of my exhaust for you tonight if you want? If the crappy camera I have can cope with the sound (£20 ebay job)

182 FF
The Clio 182 i ve just bought has a Milltek cat back system and sounds pretty good as it s got a nice deep burble but only loud if you thrash it,I drove the car 150 mile back at motorway speed and it was not intrusive at all and you wouldn t know it was there until you put your toe down :evil:

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Right this is my Scorpion single box with cat still in place. Got me chav look out too:

[video]http://www.flickr.com/photos/56999369@N06/5550971050/[/video]

Abarth 500 Esseesse

Here's mine, apologies for the turd video quality. It's decatted too and I know the OP is after a cat-back. So if you think mine ain't too loud you'd be pleased with one with the cat in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182 FF
So i think we now no that its most probably going to be a scorpion or a if i can find a cheap Milltek then maybe on of those. There is a Milltek for sale in the wanted section but its a little bit to expensive for second hand. Its only a few months old so fair play. I would want my money back if i had owned it for a few months.

260% JCW
dont need to advertise a product that sells itself, just fed of people spouting utter rubbish

They were dyno tested years ago (cira 2004/2005) and from memory the 182 system showed around 5bhp gain with decat, jamsport fitted one of our stealth systems to their 172 cup combined with matched inlets they saw cira 13bhp but i do doubt that figure

i'll retest the 182 system just for you kevster

Thanks, it's just nice to know which system are the best performance wise ect. Rather then my brothers, sisters, mothers opinion which CS is full of.

Lionel Richie
when the only way to 100% prove that would be to batch test 10 "identical" systems on 10 cars on the same dyno (both engine and chassis) under controlled enviromental conditions and then take an average, 1 car before/after isn't exactly 100% accurate

182 FF
Yes Fred, you should put this plan into action using my car, then leave the exhaust on it and time how long i take to drive away.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
when the only way to 100% prove that would be to batch test 10 "identical" systems on 10 cars on the same dyno (both engine and chassis) under controlled enviromental conditions and then take an average, 1 car before/after isn't exactly 100% accurate

Scorpion only used one tester car on there 192 system didn't they??

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
im actually debating offering a "try before you buy" system (with a deposit obviously!) - watch this space!

haha don't led one to the pikeys!

you suggest leaving the customers girlfriend behind as a deposit?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
^yeah and whilst i have a hole in my arse no exhaust system on a 182 is going to make 192bhp - even god himself couldn't make that happen

Ye I know did think it was rather optimistic but yet they still throw up some graphs on there site :S