ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The great exhaust debate !

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Yep they are made there but u won't be able to get one from there, people have asked in the past when they found out and they can't make anything close to resemble the yozza due to design patent whatever yozza put on it to stop copying :S

I would have thought it was hard to patent an exhaust though YS will own the jigs which will certainly limit their use. But at the same time a lot in business is simply down to respect and courtesy . JP know they get decent business from Fred so its not in their interests to burn bridges for the sake of a couple of customers sneakily trying to go through the back door. Its not as though Fred is hard to get in contact with!

182 FF
A Milltek has come up for a great price. Need to make a decision so i need your help once more, (by the way you have been ace) Based on my criteria one final time, is a milltek system the way to go. Its only 7 months old and immaculate, £280.

182 FF
Good point Fred, although is that a real consideration on a 7 month old system?, are they that bad? Anyone else bought a 2nd hand Milltek?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I have to come in here and say something about the yozza, I've had mine a few weeks now and it's not loud unless you're really trying. Normal driving it sounds different to the standard (in a good way) but it's not obtrusive in the slightest. Motorway is fine too. Barely any louder than the standard IMO.

Give the car a bit of spirited driving and yeah, it's there, sounding bloody awesome tbh. But it's never too much.

Mine still has a cat btw. Oh, and I'm a female and I'm 34, wanted all the requirements in the OP and the Yozza delivers them perfectly IMO.

21 Turbo
I have to come in here and say something about the yozza, I've had mine a few weeks now and it's not loud unless you're really trying. Normal driving it sounds different to the standard (in a good way) but it's not obtrusive in the slightest. Motorway is fine too. Barely any louder than the standard IMO.

Give the car a bit of spirited driving and yeah, it's there, sounding bloody awesome tbh. But it's never too much.

Mine still has a cat btw. Oh, and I'm a female and I'm 34, wanted all the requirements in the OP and the Yozza delivers them perfectly IMO.

I heard one today and was amazed at all the goons on here calling it 'stupidly loud' and likening it to a 'vehicular asbo'

I'll be ringing Fred on payday, no doubt. Cheers Warren ;)

Megane RS 250
Yep...we're planning to sell our new system at 350 £ non resonated and 500£ resonated, I know it's more expensive than others but the quality will be top notch and it's going to be quieter than most sistem, plus we'll put the car on the dyno, do a few videos.

21 Turbo
Good point Fred, although is that a real consideration on a 7 month old system?, are they that bad? Anyone else bought a 2nd hand Milltek?

Milltek exhausts crack, more than once too. The E36 M3 system with a SportCat comes in at a cool £1200 and a few pennies!! Imagine my horror at having it repaired 3 TIMES!!!!!

I wouldnt buy another Milltek if Megan Fox delivered it offering to fit it in a bikini and nosh me off afterwards........

^ok thats a lie but you get my drift

Clio RS 182
Yep...we're planning to sell our new system at 350 £ non resonated and 500£ resonated, I know it's more expensive than others but the quality will be top notch and it's going to be quieter than most sistem, plus we'll put the car on the dyno, do a few videos.

Which exhaust?

Megane RS 250
Supersprint, we're going to sell it in the UK through a few distributors, it's still a work in progress. It's based on the discontinued racing system (which I hear was the base for the yozza system, but I'm not sure), in fact the centre section is the same, we're making a new resonated centre section (the road system on sale today has 54 mm pipes) and a new stealth backbox.
If everything goes as planned we'll have a group buy here through one of the trader.

21 Turbo
I like Supersprints' produce......always a good fit and a fab sound. A pal of mine has a Supersprint decat system on his M3, sounds like a Gallardo at certain revs. Awesome!!!

How far away from completion are you Gardus?

Clio RS 182
Supersprint, we're going to sell it in the UK through a few distributors, it's still a work in progress. It's based on the discontinued racing system (which I hear was the base for the yozza system, but I'm not sure), in fact the centre section is the same, we're making a new resonated centre section (the road system on sale today has 54 mm pipes) and a new stealth backbox.
If everything goes as planned we'll have a group buy here through one of the trader.
Ok mate, keep us updated!

Megane RS 250
I just received the order confirmation...
Whithin a month we should be ready, prototype tested (on my car ;) ) with dyno, noise tests, videos and pictures and the first batch ready to ship.
I'll open a dedicated thread as soon as we start working on it.

Thanks la21t for the feedback, I know that many people look just at the price, but we're trying to offer our quality with a price just a little bit over the other manufacturers.
If the brand is well received and we start selling a good number of systems in the UK for the clio I'd like to offer some exclusive products...what about a 182 system with "black chromed" tips and a RS logo made by removal?
This is one we made for the Grande Punto Abarth:
GPA_Supersprint_black.jpg
It's as durable as chrome, no paint involved. The logo show the stainless steel underneath the black, removed using acid.
We're making these on special request from a few dedicated dealers around the globe, for example a bath of E46 racing system went to the USA.
First it was used on our 997 GT3 system.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI

though this would be a special offer price to start getting people aware of the new product. Exact prices will have to be confirmed as the £ is fluctuating all over the place at the moment vs the euro which is a pain for us importers.

We are working hard with Supersprint to improve their range for the Clio RS. I think you will see some interesting things coming in the near future.

Last edited:
  Megane RS 250
Thanks for the explanation! Yes those prices are just estimated, with the €-£ conversion is very hard to put down some numbers!
Obviously, as a member of cliosport.net and being kam racing a trader here I'd like to see a few people from here experience this new exhaust first!

Had my 182 up on the ramps at JMS yesterday when Tom spotted a blow above & below the weld where it splits to each back box. Thumbs down for the Miltek I'm afraid. Despite the negativity I read on here I went against the grain and now about 6/7 months later and less than 4,000 miles it's going to need replacing. Will speak to Ktec this week and see what's on the cards.

Lionel Richie
i dont just say stuff "because he sells YS systems"

if something is s**t - i tell it how it is

thankfully you have warranty, but still IMO they shouldn't crack in the first place!

Yeah, any idea as to the outcome? I'm sure Ktec are reasonable but I don't think I'll be entirely happy to slap another Miltek on to have this happen again 6 months down the line...

get it replaced then sell it on as new? no-one can stop you doing that.

Thing is the 182 is my only car so can't have it sat on the drive for a few days with no exhaust as I won't be able to get to work.

I'd also need the replacement before they could collect the first one.

yeah youll get a replacement no problem!

Do you think it's unlikely I could have it replaced with a different system (KTR Ultra Performance Supersports) which is actually £3 dearer? or would it be a tough **** like for like replacement? I'm sure someone else has been in a similar situation.

mondeo titanium tdci
i got a ktec/janspeed system on mine and it sounds nice just what i was looking for not to loud and fits spot on

Megane RS 250
We hope to make the new system in 2-3 weeks, we just finished the Panamera 4s...we have a SLS coming in next week for a full exhaust, can't wait to see it in the metal!
If you go on the Supersprint facebook page you'll see all the pictures of the development. Plus tomorrow I'm going to upload a new video of the 197 with our full system, both on the dyno and of a standing start.