ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The great exhaust debate !

260% JCW
K-Tech and Yozza are both noisey, although the Yozza is a massive 2kg or so lighter as pointed out....cough cough.

Gor for the Scorpion.

Megane RS 250
If you want to wait for a month or so we're going to have a new 63.5 mm, quiet, very good quality system, with a stealth exit.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a Yozza plus decat about a month ago. It's epic. If you want raspy, it's definitely the exhaust to go for.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
because £50-£60 makes a big difference in terms of quality.

K-tec ultra super sports £400 and the yozza is £459 there's your 50-60 quid worth of sexy sexy welding difference ;)

Milteks I think go for around 400 quid as well tbh they should be a lot cheaper when u compare quality of them to the yozza

I rang birchdown and all they said was yozza is the best speak to Fred no questions asked and they see a fair few 182s so that means Fred will be having my hard earned cash :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hmmmm ask them about a BTB. I've seen some funny sitting Yozza's, to the point where the tailpipes dont protrude (sp) from the bumper enough. Weather or not thats a cheap decat i dont know, but i've seen it with my own eyes. Also Yozza's are loud, I can hear them start up at Birchdown down wind ;)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
hmmmm ask them about a BTB. I've seen some funny sitting Yozza's, to the point where the tailpipes dont protrude (sp) from the bumper enough. Weather or not thats a cheap decat i dont know, but i've seen it with my own eyes. Also Yozza's are loud, I can hear them start up at Birchdown down wind ;)

Steve seems to think they are that good and made that well I quote from last year when I was stood in there place "they should go up on the mantle peace above the fire not under a grubby car" lol
The tailpipes not sitting right is a not very well setup exhaust which can happen with any 182 system and the tailpipes not sticking out problem was on here but can't remember what that was :S if u get it fitted by Fred im sure any problems will be fixed there and then :)
BTB have been known to use sexy sexy tig welding and then use dirty mig on the tailpipes where's as yozza is just pure sexiness lol

And loud with decat yes but not boomy and with cat in place it just sounds nice

Decat option for me as my neighbour is a c*ck and it also sounds awesome haha

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Dude your telling me how to suck eggs ;)

I've had 172's 182's and 197's with various systems since 2004, Millteks, Ktec, BTB's..... been there done it fella ;)

I also live round the corner from you according to your location. ;)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Dude your telling me how to suck eggs ;)

I've had 172's 182's and 197's with various systems since 2004, Millteks, Ktec, BTB's..... been there done it fella ;)

I also live round the corner from you according to your location. ;)

I'm sorry carried away in the moment lol

No yozza on your list of systems??

Well maybe not round the corner if ur near birchdown I live near bickerton school

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Nar it's all personal pref exhaust looks and sound also what mood your in I changed when I was in a cba lookin round mood because yozzas where hard to get hold of :S

172cup turbo & rx8
Two questions out of interest

1) how heavy is the silenced btb system (compared to a yozza)?

2) performance wise is there any benefit choosing Any of these aftermarket systems over a standard?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

2) performance wise is there any benefit choosing Any of these aftermarket systems over a standard?

I don't have a clue about the 1st but the 2nd is minimal maybe none and potentially none over standard and that's for all after Market systems they all say some gain but never will be noticeable when driving it's all down to pref of sound and looks plus build quality.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

No. Not imo. Best day to day set up was a decatted standard for me. No noticeable gains to had with any Exhaust on Clio RS. Infact, some make them worse and will lose torque

Civic Type R
Just fitted the RS192, now, it was a bit of a b*****d to line up, but now its on it looks fantastic. The sound IMO is waaayy better than the miltek, although its louder than I thought it would be ( everyone says there silent, it isn't).

Go for the scorpion..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
...................but she doesnt want loud. So on that basis, its no good. Janspeed or Milltek are the quietest, simple as that really :)

Civic Type R
... but the scorpion isn't loud, I said it was louder than I thought it would be. The miltek fit is s**t, and the welds crack.. Janspeed is supposed to be good though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yozza all the way, had mine like 2 months now and LOVE it! Heres a link to my vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P1LEZoDWVo
Got mine 2nd hand from a member on here but are rare, deff go for one if you can afford it.
Also if you got one and decide it's to loud, they keep their value very well!

facepalm.gif

She wants quiet ffs!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The janspeed sport system from K-tec (not the ultra sport) is ment to the the closest to standard for loudness isn't it? Plus it's also pretty cheap

182 Turbo Project
I have the ktec/janspeed system on mine. No centre silencer w/decat. It's nice and raspy but can be a little boomy on longer journeys/mways.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yep apparently the quietest.. I hear the Yozza is quiet though .........

Fred uses the Aston V8 vantage as a way to explain this system quiet for the driver (not boomy inside) yet can be heard 2 miles away lol

Clever design :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
^^ that's with decat without is much more subtle and refined compared to decatted system Yet very nice sound

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not knocking the Yozza, but you do know they are made by JP exhausts in Macclesfield don't you?

Anyway where is Yoz these days? The man mountain

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not knocking the Yozza, but you do know they are made by JP exhausts in Macclesfield don't you?

Anyway where is Yoz these days? The man mountain

260% JCW
K-tec ultra super sports £400 and the yozza is £459 there's your 50-60 quid worth of sexy sexy welding difference ;)

Milteks I think go for around 400 quid as well tbh they should be a lot cheaper when u compare quality of them to the yozza

I rang birchdown and all they said was yozza is the best speak to Fred no questions asked and they see a fair few 182s so that means Fred will be having my hard earned cash :)

Im not that into welding and cleaning the underside of my car TBH

Also as mentioned before the KTech system is not that much heavier and has proven gains. The Yozza has good welds and ....... CS heresay.

Anyway, there both to loud for motorway use IMO unless your 18 and have two 10"subs to drown them both out.

I love Lamp
What is a quiet exhaust system for a 172? As close to standard as possible I don't want loud at all either :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The argument of personal pref will never be resolved lol

1 BIG tip is have a look for every system said in this thread on YouTube with earphones plugged in that should give u an ok idea.
Or go one better and get to a local meet and listen to a few peoples :)

But keep and open mind because no1 has even bothered sayin a piper system yet and they are menna be good lol

Mk5 golf gti
Eh? so it isnt made there?

what was Gaz's comment about then?

or did i miss a joke lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Eh? so it isnt made there?

what was Gaz's comment about then?

or did i miss a joke lol

Yep they are made there but u won't be able to get one from there, people have asked in the past when they found out and they can't make anything close to resemble the yozza due to design patent whatever yozza put on it to stop copying :S

Mk5 golf gti
why cant you just buy it as a yozza from them??

ill see what they say, a mate of a mate works there so see what i can get made for mine

clio 182
i road tested a 182 with the scorpion exhaust on (not the 192) the normal one and id say it wasnt louder than renault original one but made a much nicer tone infact just ordered one for the car i did buy and only £311 off a company on ebay ill let you know what its like to fit lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
why cant you just buy it as a yozza from them??

ill see what they say, a mate of a mate works there so see what i can get made for mine

I'm guessing Fred has sole distribution rights as well now yozzasport the company are no more.